New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favourite liquid eyeliner!! It stays put on my oily eyelids without smudging, which is a feat. And crazy cheap. The wand is very thin and flexible, I'd say almost too much, so you have to apply with a very light hand. The consistency is like thin ink, a little watery, and dries quickly with a matte finish. It is not waterproof, so I only have to worry about tearing up/crying, ha.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Im really surprised by this eyeliner,I think is high end quality. It doesnt fade,move,or smudge,lasts forever. Ive gone to bed with my makeup on,when I wake up the next day all my makeup is gone except for the eyeliner,its still there intact.
The wand is a little to long but I can make it work. Too sad their discontiuning it

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm surprised this eyeliner doesn't have a 5! The brush is the thinnest I've ever seen, and the formula is super thin but super black, so it glides really easily. You don't find yourself pulling at your eye. The brush doesn't get dry, it stays wet for a long time. I recommend this over stila stay all day, and Kat von d trooper. You just can't beat the price and how thin the brush is and how black the liner is. It stays all day on my eyes without fading, and dries a matte black. Just try it, for the price you have nothing to lose!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've been using this eyeliner since I was 15 years old and I LOVE IT!!! This is a pretty good liquid eyeliner for those who are trying to get used to using liquid. Basic standard packaging, doesn't leak out, and simple to use.

Goes on pretty smooth with a matte finish. Not as pointy as some other liquid liners, but can get that nice pointy end for cat-liner once you're a pro as using it. Stays on all day and doesn't move. I used this liner while I was playing softball. So I would put it on around 6-7 AM and wouldn't take it off til around 10-midnight. Admittedly, the inner corners of my eyes would come off, either from sweat or me accidentally wiping sweat off! Other than that, it stayed on! I'm not saying it's going to look the best, but it's not that bad!

Now, if your eyes tend to get watery while putting on eye makeup, this liner is NOT for you! It will smudge while still trying to set and could turn into a big mess! It's not a fast-setting liner!

This eyeliner isn't waterproof and doesn't claim to be! However, for me, it wouldn't come off in the water(or sweating!) unless I wiped my eyes! So I think, as long as you don't touch your eyes, this liner could possibly stay on in water. That'll have to be something for you to test out!

All in all, this liner isn't the best, but it isn't bad! Like I said, I love this liner and I've learned to work with it simply because I don't wanna spend more than $3 on liquid eyeliner(except for NYX's vinyl liquid liner, but that's a review on it's on!). I say give this liner a try if you're willing!

YES YES YES YES
I've been an eye-liner addict since I was thirteen, and had given up on drug store eye-liners after intense colour bleeding/flaking/crappy pigmentation. BUT THIS SWEET GOOSE HAS RECTIFIED THAT.
Super black, a flawless matte finish, it doesn't bleed or feather on application. The small brush applicator isn't the best, and after using high end felt-tip liners for so long, I have minor difficulties controlling the brush strokes. Nothing a good concealer and practice can't fix.
Super cheap and super WONDROUS. Will repurchase and will probably purchase fifteen hundred to put in my casket upon my death so I can go to heaven a happy gal. YES

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-It dries matte
-The brush is precise (or I'm just used to it)
-The formula is a nice consistency
-It creates a a good, standard line

Cons:
-Sort of unforgiving to mistakes (most liquid liners are like that)
-The color isn't as black as I would like it
-It is not waterproof whatsoever (for some might be a pro)

This is a good product for those who don't want to throw down a lot for a liquid eyeliner but there are a lot better options out there on the market. This isn't for the leaky eyed folks out there either because it will run if you get just a drop of water on it.

Honestly, it's not bad but it's also not the best. I've used it for a long time and have been satisfied with the quality but I would have preferred to have a gel just because that is what I like to use for liner.

I've repurchased this eyeliner so many times and I think it's the best inexpensive eyeliner. I wear this everyday to school and usually take my makeup off at night, but before I do I always look at the mirror to see how my makeup lasted. It does smudge a little though, but you can't expect it to be like a permanent marker on your eyes especially since its just a 2 dollar eyeliner. And makeup is always meant to come off at the end of the night. And yet I still think this is the best eyeliner ever.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This eyeliner is fantastic. My favorite. It is very pigmented, and black is very intense, so you only need to swipe once. The texture is easy to work with, not too thin, not too thick. The brush is very slim, which might take some getting used to, but it lets you apply a very thin line if you need to. Lasts literally ALL day with or without primers, with or without setting, heat, cold, or rain. It doesn't go anywhere from where you put it. And at the same time it is easy to remover with just facewash- dream came true!
The packaging is sturdy, so the product doesn't dry out for a very very long time. The only thing that is not so good is that the writing on the tube gets scratched off really fast, but that's a very minor thing.
Great for every day and for going out. Have repurchased and will repurchase again. A really excellent, non-irritating product, better than much more expensive liners I've tried.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

BEST EYELINER EVER. Price is amazing. Brush is amazing. Matte finish = AMAZING. I just stopped using it because I have gone cruelty free and sadly N.Y.C isn't cruelty free but seriously, there's nothing better. One thing, it isn't waterproof so if you swear from your eyelids or rub it, it will come off no doubt and super easily. I've never tried topping it with eyeshadow, I have heard many people do this so their eyeliner doesn't rub off.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is hands down my favorite liquid liner, I really wish I had discovered it sooner. It's a long bristle brush applicator, it's SUPER black, matte, and it lasts (pretty much) all day (depending on what I'm doing, there were days this summer where it was pushing 100 degrees here in Oakland so it smeared a bit, but that's not the norm and it's totally fine otherwise)

I've used a ton of high end basic black eyeliners, and this one works just as well as any of them and I think I got it for about $3.

I really have only one issue and it's something I've come across with literally every liner and mascara I've ever used (both high end and drugstore) and that issue is that the outer corners of my eyes get REALLY oily and makes my makeup run (If you know how to combat this problem please PLEASE let me know, I haven't found a primer good enough to fix this!!!). Other than that this stuff doesn't budge.

Like I said before it IS a brush applicator. A lot of people have trouble with brush liner, so if you dont like brushes, I suggest getting something else. Brush liner is all I can use (I pretty much only do winged liner) and this brush is perfect.

Anywayyyy I will be repurchasing this for the rest of my life and I'm excited to explore other products from NYC!!