New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've been using this eyeliner since I was 15 years old and I LOVE IT!!! This is a pretty good liquid eyeliner for those who are trying to get used to using liquid. Basic standard packaging, doesn't leak out, and simple to use.

Goes on pretty smooth with a matte finish. Not as pointy as some other liquid liners, but can get that nice pointy end for cat-liner once you're a pro as using it. Stays on all day and doesn't move. I used this liner while I was playing softball. So I would put it on around 6-7 AM and wouldn't take it off til around 10-midnight. Admittedly, the inner corners of my eyes would come off, either from sweat or me accidentally wiping sweat off! Other than that, it stayed on! I'm not saying it's going to look the best, but it's not that bad!

Now, if your eyes tend to get watery while putting on eye makeup, this liner is NOT for you! It will smudge while still trying to set and could turn into a big mess! It's not a fast-setting liner!

This eyeliner isn't waterproof and doesn't claim to be! However, for me, it wouldn't come off in the water(or sweating!) unless I wiped my eyes! So I think, as long as you don't touch your eyes, this liner could possibly stay on in water. That'll have to be something for you to test out!

All in all, this liner isn't the best, but it isn't bad! Like I said, I love this liner and I've learned to work with it simply because I don't wanna spend more than $3 on liquid eyeliner(except for NYX's vinyl liquid liner, but that's a review on it's on!). I say give this liner a try if you're willing!

YES YES YES YES
I've been an eye-liner addict since I was thirteen, and had given up on drug store eye-liners after intense colour bleeding/flaking/crappy pigmentation. BUT THIS SWEET GOOSE HAS RECTIFIED THAT.
Super black, a flawless matte finish, it doesn't bleed or feather on application. The small brush applicator isn't the best, and after using high end felt-tip liners for so long, I have minor difficulties controlling the brush strokes. Nothing a good concealer and practice can't fix.
Super cheap and super WONDROUS. Will repurchase and will probably purchase fifteen hundred to put in my casket upon my death so I can go to heaven a happy gal. YES

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-It dries matte
-The brush is precise (or I'm just used to it)
-The formula is a nice consistency
-It creates a a good, standard line

Cons:
-Sort of unforgiving to mistakes (most liquid liners are like that)
-The color isn't as black as I would like it
-It is not waterproof whatsoever (for some might be a pro)

This is a good product for those who don't want to throw down a lot for a liquid eyeliner but there are a lot better options out there on the market. This isn't for the leaky eyed folks out there either because it will run if you get just a drop of water on it.

Honestly, it's not bad but it's also not the best. I've used it for a long time and have been satisfied with the quality but I would have preferred to have a gel just because that is what I like to use for liner.

I've repurchased this eyeliner so many times and I think it's the best inexpensive eyeliner. I wear this everyday to school and usually take my makeup off at night, but before I do I always look at the mirror to see how my makeup lasted. It does smudge a little though, but you can't expect it to be like a permanent marker on your eyes especially since its just a 2 dollar eyeliner. And makeup is always meant to come off at the end of the night. And yet I still think this is the best eyeliner ever.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This eyeliner is fantastic. My favorite. It is very pigmented, and black is very intense, so you only need to swipe once. The texture is easy to work with, not too thin, not too thick. The brush is very slim, which might take some getting used to, but it lets you apply a very thin line if you need to. Lasts literally ALL day with or without primers, with or without setting, heat, cold, or rain. It doesn't go anywhere from where you put it. And at the same time it is easy to remover with just facewash- dream came true!
The packaging is sturdy, so the product doesn't dry out for a very very long time. The only thing that is not so good is that the writing on the tube gets scratched off really fast, but that's a very minor thing.
Great for every day and for going out. Have repurchased and will repurchase again. A really excellent, non-irritating product, better than much more expensive liners I've tried.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

BEST EYELINER EVER. Price is amazing. Brush is amazing. Matte finish = AMAZING. I just stopped using it because I have gone cruelty free and sadly N.Y.C isn't cruelty free but seriously, there's nothing better. One thing, it isn't waterproof so if you swear from your eyelids or rub it, it will come off no doubt and super easily. I've never tried topping it with eyeshadow, I have heard many people do this so their eyeliner doesn't rub off.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is hands down my favorite liquid liner, I really wish I had discovered it sooner. It's a long bristle brush applicator, it's SUPER black, matte, and it lasts (pretty much) all day (depending on what I'm doing, there were days this summer where it was pushing 100 degrees here in Oakland so it smeared a bit, but that's not the norm and it's totally fine otherwise)

I've used a ton of high end basic black eyeliners, and this one works just as well as any of them and I think I got it for about $3.

I really have only one issue and it's something I've come across with literally every liner and mascara I've ever used (both high end and drugstore) and that issue is that the outer corners of my eyes get REALLY oily and makes my makeup run (If you know how to combat this problem please PLEASE let me know, I haven't found a primer good enough to fix this!!!). Other than that this stuff doesn't budge.

Like I said before it IS a brush applicator. A lot of people have trouble with brush liner, so if you dont like brushes, I suggest getting something else. Brush liner is all I can use (I pretty much only do winged liner) and this brush is perfect.

Anywayyyy I will be repurchasing this for the rest of my life and I'm excited to explore other products from NYC!!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is an excellent product. Take it from the girl who used to buy Lancome Artliner like a dummy. Who'd a thunk a $2 eyeliner from Target could get me through? I fully believe liquid eyeliner and mascara are places where one can save in one's beauty regimen... NOW. The past year I have been sampling E.L.F., NYX and N.Y.C. offerings in this department and with wonderful results! This particular one is my second fave. NYX's matte liquid liner is #1 only because of the super slim packaging and wand. This is great because I love matte eyeliner and the wand will do. E.L.F.'s liner is shiny but still good for the days when I want that look.

This liner goes on, lasts, does not smudge or anything until I take it off at night. I love that I can trust this to stay on without a mirror on me at all times. I have been going crazy with eyeliner flicks (wings) lately, they are so retro and cute! This does the job perfectly. I will not repurchase because I have found my HG in the NYX Matte Liquid Eyeliner but this is a very close second. I will use this up for sure!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The holiest of grails of eyeliner for me!
I remember I bought this same liner a couple years ago and hated it, for I was a die hard fan of gel eyeliners at the time, so I never used it. Until one day, I was playing around with my makeup and pulled this out and I'm still kicking myself today for neglecting this for so many years!

I love the formula. Surprisingly, it doesn't smudge on my very, verrry oily lids, it's very easy to apply, and it's the blackest liquid liner I've ever used! Winged liner is important to me because I like to think it's my "signature look" and this serves me so well, I have a feeling this will be sticking with me for a while!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the BEST liquid eyeliner I have ever used, and actually the only l.e I have ever used: makes nice thin lines or thick bold wings and plus, it DOES NOT BUDGE no matter how oily your eyelids are (no primer needed). Also, product lasts a very long time, my first tube lasted for over 1 year.

The big FAT CON: When using the product, the opening of the tube is exposed to the surrounding, while the brush is in your hand, draw your wings and screw the brush lid back on before serious drying occurs!