Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10

Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) (Acne Medication) Inactive Ingredients: Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water

on 6/6/2016 8:22:00 PM

Literally if I apply this at night the zit usually looks better by morning.

Fragrance is ok but it does leave a white residue if you don't rub it in well enough. Only use at night. If during the day, it doesn't work out too well.

on 5/30/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One of my go to acne defense products. I have ALWAYS struggled with acne and this only has benzoyl (which works better for me than salicylic acid. I definitely recommend giving this a try, especially if salicylic doesn't work well for you. This is very affordable readily available.

To Read all 935 Reviews, Login or Join

I'm 21 years old, with pretty even skin, just tending towards oily T-Zone.

I've never had very severe acne, usually just on my forehead / temples and occasionally chin. I decided a few months ago that my basic wash face / no moisturizer routine wasn't really getting me the results I wanted so I overhauled my skincare regime.

Started out with Nivea Creme, which did wonders to even out my combination skin. I started using the neutrogena oil-free acne wash with salicylic acid, which helped clear up blackheads and even out my skin tone, but I still had some deeper 'bumps' (not cystic though) and whiteheads popping up, so I picked up the persa-gel.

This is REALLY strong and REALLY drying - if I apply it as instructed on a just-washed face I end up with very dry, red, skin. So my method has been to apply this 30 minutes to 1 hour before I wash my face in the evening. The moisturizer / face oil I have at that point is enough to prevent excessive dryness, but the persa-gel still kicks but and generally blasts any acne I have hanging around.

Summary: Very effective, but very drying, so be careful and don't overdo it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff has become a lifesaver for my skincare routine. I struggle with acne, and nothing has helped to clear a breakout as fast as this has. I used to this stuff a few years back, stopped for a while, and I am so happy I rediscovered it. I don't suffer from cystic acne, just surface acne and clogged pores but this does an amazing job at clearing up my face quickly. I notice a huge improvement over night, and I can definitely tell when I'm not using this. Just be careful with this stuff, because it is very drying! I have to use it every other night, otherwise my face will start stinging. 10% benzoyl peroxide is really strong, so I think I may be better suited to use the 5% instead. Also be careful ladies, this can bleach your sheets! I think this is definitely worth a shot if nothing else works for your acne. I will repurchase this, but I think a lower dose of benzoyl peroxide might be better for my skin.

on 3/1/2016 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is definitely a staple in my skincare routine. I've always had clogged nose pores my whole life and this really helps me keep them clean.

For a long time I used pore strips intermittently, but as I got older, I felt like they were WAY too harsh and I ended up with a few broken caps, which pissed me off. They never even cleaned out my pores completely, just okay. Well, Idk what the hell happened because I usually have well behaved skin, but I had some pretty bad breakouts not too long ago (mineral oil I think was the culprit) and I was at the pharmacy picking up a few things and I ran across this... I picked it up totally on a whim.

Long story short. It works great on certain types of pimples. Not all types though. I found it doesn't seem to help for cystic type blemishes, but surface ones watch out, this stuff will take care of it.

The real reason I love this stuff though is because it keeps my blackheads under control. I'll clean out my pores every great once in a while with an extraction tool, which works great, but is harsh and time consuming. After I do my entire night routine, I will smear this on my nose twice a week and it really reduces/prevents blackheads. It's awesome. I've never been able to keep the pores on my nose as clean as I can with this routine. I'll keep buying this fo sho. Watch out though, because it WILL BLEACH YOUR BED SHEETS AND PILLOW CASE. I don't care because I use a white satin pillow case and I just can't be bothered to have pretty bed sheets atm, so whatevs lol. But my best friend just bought new bed sheets and pillowcases and then ruined them with persa gel. She was having a severe case of acne and was smearing this all over her face at night. It worked wonders for her, but she definitely ruined her sheets.

This is my go-to for acne treatments. I've been using it since I was 12, and I'm 20 now. Although overuse causes some itchiness, if used as a spot treatment on blemishes this product is the best as far as drug store acne treatments go. Benzoyl peroxide is the only active ingredient, and you can get it in 5 or 10. I prefer the 5 because I have sensitive skin and the 10 seems to dry me out.
Make sure to be careful of your pretty clothes or towels around this stuff because it will bleach your fabrics and even your hair.

on 1/14/2016 12:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I feel bittersweet about this product. I used it on my chin since I had a small pimple there that I wanted to get rid of. I ended up breaking out with more pimples in that area. Refusing to give up on it I decided to use it on my body instead. I have acne on my back and shoulders, so I decided to test in that area.
First I took a shower and once I got out I used an exfoliating pad with acne medication (I don't recall the name of the product at the moment) on my clean shoulders and once it dried I applied the persa gel on top and went about my day. By the next day the bumps had decreased in size and redness considerably. So while it doesn't work for my face it worked incredibly well on my body.
I wont repurchase tho because I wanna look for something that works for my face as well.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for the past 2 weeks and I'm already seeing a difference! My main struggle is with acne scars! I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks and I've tried a lot of things and it hasn't seemed to help them fade away. Within a few days of using the persa gel, I noticed how quickly they started to fade away! They aren't completely gone, but I've noticed a big difference in how they used to look! I have noticed in my experience with active breakouts, the persa gel doesn't magically make them go away overnight, but I have noticed that it doesn't let the breakout get worse than it already is and it takes a shorter amount of time to go away. You do have to continuously apply it (I apply it before bed every night and wash it off in the morning) and it'll do wonders for your skin! I would recommend using this after washing your face and putting on a moisturizer because it can dry out your skin if you don't apply the moisturizer underneath it!
I got this for $4.99 and I'm already pleased with how amazing it works with fading my acne scars! I was prescribed clindamycin phosphate topical gel from my dermatologist which was apparently suppose to be really beneficial with acne and acne scarring. I tried it for almost 2 months and saw little to no improvement, and that stuff is not cheap! I tried the pursa gel and within 2-3 days I was already seeing a lot of improvement and it was only $5! I couldn't be more happy with it, and I'm ecstatic that I've finally found something that's actually working, and that is super affordable and available at most drug stores!

on 9/23/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 3rd? 4th tube, but I've decided to discontinue since Clean and Clear TESTS ON ANIMALS.

I knew that when purchasing, but was honestly too lazy to avoid all these big companies that test on animals. Everyone in the industry does it, thus it was ok, right? But there's no scientific value to be gained from these tests, so... yea.

I will say that it works; that's why I re-purchased it so often. High ratings among Ulta, Amazon, and Sephora benzoyl products. But so does toothpaste. And toothpaste is much cheaper. Just dab some on the spot for 15 min, and it works just as well.

If you're looking for an acne solution, be informed: benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria. Which forms red, inflamed cystic acne. Salicylic acid promotes exfoliation/clears oil from pores. Which means getting rid white/blackheads. An effective regimen would combine both.

on 7/29/2015 4:23:00 PM

When I was breaking out bad due to wrong cosmetic uses (esp during my college time) I used this at least 10 tubes. I like that this really shrinks my acne overnight yet this is so harsh that it leaves the surrounding skin red. Yet this is so effective unlike Neutrogena one so if I ever break out major, I would come back to this.