Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10

Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10
Persa-gel 10Persa-gel 10

4.1

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) (Acne Medication) Inactive Ingredients: Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water

This product it fantastic! I got the 10% BP and it hasn't made my skin flaky or red or anything. My breakouts go away so fast its incredible! I had bad breakouts all over my forehead and they are almost completely gone after only a few days of using the persa gel. It used to take a week or more for a pimple to come to a head, pop, and then go away. Now it only takes about three days for it to be completely gone.

The only downside is that it makes the texture of your skin a little weird, but applying moisturizer before or after the gel helps with that. It does make your skin very smooth and flat, though.

I highly recommend you get this for any type of pimples/acne and at least try it out. Its seriously a miracle.

on 6/18/2017 10:54:00 AM

This stuff is too die for! Keeps pimples away and stops breakouts. Better than high end ance products for sure!!

This clogs my pores and instead of making my breakouts smaller, they grow bigger and i even get more. will never use it again.

I'm 21 years old, with pretty even skin, just tending towards oily T-Zone.

I've never had very severe acne, usually just on my forehead / temples and occasionally chin. I decided a few months ago that my basic wash face / no moisturizer routine wasn't really getting me the results I wanted so I overhauled my skincare regime.

Started out with Nivea Creme, which did wonders to even out my combination skin. I started using the neutrogena oil-free acne wash with salicylic acid, which helped clear up blackheads and even out my skin tone, but I still had some deeper 'bumps' (not cystic though) and whiteheads popping up, so I picked up the persa-gel.

This is REALLY strong and REALLY drying - if I apply it as instructed on a just-washed face I end up with very dry, red, skin. So my method has been to apply this 30 minutes to 1 hour before I wash my face in the evening. The moisturizer / face oil I have at that point is enough to prevent excessive dryness, but the persa-gel still kicks but and generally blasts any acne I have hanging around.

Summary: Very effective, but very drying, so be careful and don't overdo it!

on 5/30/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One of my go to acne defense products. I have ALWAYS struggled with acne and this only has benzoyl (which works better for me than salicylic acid. I definitely recommend giving this a try, especially if salicylic doesn't work well for you. This is very affordable readily available.

on 6/6/2016 8:22:00 PM

Literally if I apply this at night the zit usually looks better by morning.

Fragrance is ok but it does leave a white residue if you don't rub it in well enough. Only use at night. If during the day, it doesn't work out too well.

on 3/1/2016 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is definitely a staple in my skincare routine. I've always had clogged nose pores my whole life and this really helps me keep them clean.

For a long time I used pore strips intermittently, but as I got older, I felt like they were WAY too harsh and I ended up with a few broken caps, which pissed me off. They never even cleaned out my pores completely, just okay. Well, Idk what the hell happened because I usually have well behaved skin, but I had some pretty bad breakouts not too long ago (mineral oil I think was the culprit) and I was at the pharmacy picking up a few things and I ran across this... I picked it up totally on a whim.

Long story short. It works great on certain types of pimples. Not all types though. I found it doesn't seem to help for cystic type blemishes, but surface ones watch out, this stuff will take care of it.

The real reason I love this stuff though is because it keeps my blackheads under control. I'll clean out my pores every great once in a while with an extraction tool, which works great, but is harsh and time consuming. After I do my entire night routine, I will smear this on my nose twice a week and it really reduces/prevents blackheads. It's awesome. I've never been able to keep the pores on my nose as clean as I can with this routine. I'll keep buying this fo sho. Watch out though, because it WILL BLEACH YOUR BED SHEETS AND PILLOW CASE. I don't care because I use a white satin pillow case and I just can't be bothered to have pretty bed sheets atm, so whatevs lol. But my best friend just bought new bed sheets and pillowcases and then ruined them with persa gel. She was having a severe case of acne and was smearing this all over her face at night. It worked wonders for her, but she definitely ruined her sheets.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff has become a lifesaver for my skincare routine. I struggle with acne, and nothing has helped to clear a breakout as fast as this has. I used to this stuff a few years back, stopped for a while, and I am so happy I rediscovered it. I don't suffer from cystic acne, just surface acne and clogged pores but this does an amazing job at clearing up my face quickly. I notice a huge improvement over night, and I can definitely tell when I'm not using this. Just be careful with this stuff, because it is very drying! I have to use it every other night, otherwise my face will start stinging. 10% benzoyl peroxide is really strong, so I think I may be better suited to use the 5% instead. Also be careful ladies, this can bleach your sheets! I think this is definitely worth a shot if nothing else works for your acne. I will repurchase this, but I think a lower dose of benzoyl peroxide might be better for my skin.

on 1/14/2016 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I feel bittersweet about this product. I used it on my chin since I had a small pimple there that I wanted to get rid of. I ended up breaking out with more pimples in that area. Refusing to give up on it I decided to use it on my body instead. I have acne on my back and shoulders, so I decided to test in that area.
First I took a shower and once I got out I used an exfoliating pad with acne medication (I don't recall the name of the product at the moment) on my clean shoulders and once it dried I applied the persa gel on top and went about my day. By the next day the bumps had decreased in size and redness considerably. So while it doesn't work for my face it worked incredibly well on my body.
I wont repurchase tho because I wanna look for something that works for my face as well.

This is my go-to for acne treatments. I've been using it since I was 12, and I'm 20 now. Although overuse causes some itchiness, if used as a spot treatment on blemishes this product is the best as far as drug store acne treatments go. Benzoyl peroxide is the only active ingredient, and you can get it in 5 or 10. I prefer the 5 because I have sensitive skin and the 10 seems to dry me out.
Make sure to be careful of your pretty clothes or towels around this stuff because it will bleach your fabrics and even your hair.