Lancome Le Crayon Kohl

Lancome Le Crayon Kohl

3.6

C10-18 TRIGLYCERIDES, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, TALC, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, SILICA, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA.

on 7/12/2016 5:02:00 AM

I wish this came with a smudger on the other end. Would make the liner way more easy to work with! I tried on my lid for the cat eye look and its okay to work with. But nothing more. It takes time to get the perfect smudge and the pencil is not a dream to work with. Its okay and no more.

on 6/14/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't wear eyeliner a lot, and when I do I wear it lightly on my waterlines. I prefer a pencil and don't like waterproof.
This fit the bill so I bought it.
GOOD: Very soft formula, no pressure needed when applying. Pencil is quite long, it'll last forever. Nicely pigmented. I haven't had any crumbling issues yet. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all, either.
BAD: It doesn't last very long, especially on my lower lid waterline. It stays longer on my top waterline. Also, it can be patchy the more you layer it.

I never put it above or below my lashes, so can't say how it work on the actual lids. Overall it's a decent pencil, but just. I like it better than the Cover girl and NYX I was using previously. However, I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives out there. I'm not picky about my makeup, so I'll have no problem using until it's gone.

To Read all 225 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/1/2016 11:35:00 AM

It's the worst pencil .. It's disappeared after few minutes... When I started to use it everyone asking me why my eyes tired .. It's doesn't deserve its price.. My advice don't buy this product there are better product that will be same price or less with good quality.

on 1/15/2016 4:40:00 AM

Terrible! Pencil tip all the time breaking off. Nothing can draw. after the fifth attempt threw the trash.

on 8/20/2015 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have Le Crayon Kohl in Moss, a medium green shade. The pencil has sufficient softness so that it doesn't pull on my delicate eyelid. I pat a tiny bit of pressed powder on my eyelid after applying the pencil and it doesn't smear.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I won a sample version of this at a raffle and I'm quite surprised this doesn't transfer from my upper lid to my lower lid and it lasts all day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am quite surprised at how positive the reviews seem to be for this eyeliner. It's not absolutely terrible, true, but it's nothing special either. I have bought eyeliners for a tiny fraction of the price that have worked exactly the same. It's not particularly soft to apply, and not particularly long-lasting either. The way it's packaged is nice, but I don't really care how a product looks if it doesn't work very well. If you're looking for a good eyeliner pencil I'd recommend going for something cheaper - a higher price doesn't always mean better quality. Disappointing.

on 12/31/2014 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own it in shade 13 silver and a travel size black one. I like the silver color which is festive and deep enough to define for me but not as harsh as a black liner. My main use for it is for the waterline and I think it does a very good job. It reminds me a lot of a hard writing HB pencil in that it's hard and cool upon application, and yet it delivers a precise amount of pigment without leaving too much excess product in such a delicate area, and you don't have to rub it or rub it over and over which is a big plus. I haven't experienced any noticeable smudging, It might get a little blurry by the end of the day but nothing that requires me to rush to the nearest bathroom and re-apply my eye make up. In fact, I rarely feel the need to touch it up since it lasts well enough. Overall, I find it to be a very reliable product, I don't have to look in the mirror every hour to check if it's still there, and it also doesn't run all over my cheeks by the end of the day. For me it's a winner.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It was my favorite eyeliner. It has good quality, and the eyeliner is so smooth on the skin. However, it smudges and disappear after 3-4 hours of application. I have found other eyeliner that is better, a Japanese brand called Kate

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a high quality traditional kohl that lasts surprisingly well, great for everyday use. The beauty of these is the quality vibrant pigmented color does not fade, plus the smooth texture that blends and smokes well. You need to use less product, so the result is more "close-to-your-skin" natural texture. More elegant less cakey flakey for older skins yet the same lasting color impact compared to standard or waterproof pencils.

Can tend to smudge in hot weather on my oily lids but I just set with powder and then I don't find it a problem. If I want waterproof I use creams and gels not pencils as I've never found ANY pencil liner (including waterproof, and I've tried hundreds over the years) that doesn't smudge on me somewhat.

I love the extra length you get with these, it makes them last twice as long as other brands so they are much more economical than you think and you don't have to shop as often.

The regular shades are all are so flattering especially when you don't suit the standard black they have a great range. I also love how they regularly put out more crazy limited edition shades now and then. I've picked up a few and have surprised myself how many times how many times I've worn them with more wearable shades to accents and lift a basic look. They work surprisingly well with the more wearable shades in each collection.

I'm actually glad these are an option I prefer over waterproof pencils because they have actually have problems we don't always think about:
1. Waterproofing ingredients are effective but act as "fillers" making the color pigments more sheer. This causes you to have to cake on extra layers of color to get the same color which doesn't look as classy and you go through product super fast
2. Waterproofing ingredients irritate sensitive eyes (they are what is used in hairspray) and over time, promote permanent irritation and aging red veins in even normal eyes (this is something no-one really thinks about)
3. Waterproof pencils are so smushy soft you can't sharpen to a precise point so you can't get an elegant thin line
4. Waterproof pencils are annoyingly hard to sharpen, you get alot of wastage and you go through pencils fast
5. Waterproof pencils dry out fast and are useless after a couple of years as the materials evaporate and the lead shrinks and breaks up. In contrast, I can still use my oldest Lancome kohl pencils which are nearly 8 years old (I always sharpen first for remove a clean layer for hygiene of course).

Of course waterproof pencils are quick and easy, I'm not knocking them they are just expensive and have a few other hidden pitfalls that its good to know about when choosing your makeup.