Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Meh. Trying to use this up as a foot cream but even that is with meh results. I always had this on hand as there was a time it was considered a miracle cream. I never have liked the smell and I guess I just don't have enough needs for a "barrier" cream. As mentioned before, this doesn't really sink in. Even when you think it might be sinking in, it doesn't moisturize.
I'm done repurchasing this- i just cannot find a single use for it that it simply excels at.
It may be good as a barrier if you need one for some reason- but it won't do anything for rough spots, lips, etc. Between the smell and the slickness of it, any value-add is wiped out!

Sits on your skin like a barrier. Doest sink in, doesnt moisturize. Terrible smell.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

No other cream makes my hands as soft as this baby does! Instant results and stays for few hours - not sure if the full 8 hours or not! Bought at TJ Maxx and paid 17€ instead of the 30€ regular rate - A bit pricey.

CONS: that smell. Euuuuckhhh.

I've been using this for lip balm for more than a year and this is already my second tube . I buy it because it's on sale for usd 10 . 1 tube last a very long time because u only need small amount in your lip. previously my lip is very dark but after using this for 1 year , my lip become pink , only slightly darker in my top lip . this is the main reason I keep using this product. the thing that I couldn't stand is if I accidentally lick the product , I can throw up , the taste is very strong and nauseating. sometimes I even can not sleep because I feel it in my mouth and suddenly wake up to wipe it off. but all the claims is true , you will wake up with a VERY2 soft lip (no kidding). previously when i have acne all over my face , I will use this all over my face , and the acne will be better BUT I get a lot of blackhead all over. so now I only put it on acne area , not all over. (my acne is acne that caused by my skin has irritation so this product work) , but if your acne is caused by other such as oily skin , this probably won't work (I experience this too)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Vaseline, lanolin and mineral oil. That's all that's worth talking about in this stuff - there are a few token ingredients past the fragrance, but they don't do anything. Almost $30 for what is in this stuff is outrageous. You'd be as well served to mix up the ingredients yourself and save a ton of money. This is as greasy as the ingredients would suggest - it has no miracle curative powers. I have a small size of it as part of a GWP from eons ago, and would never shell out the money for this. I have vaseline, lanolin and mineral oil, so I can make my own. Though what would possess me to do so I have no idea.

only used a sample of this but t cleared up my eczema under my eye in 1 day which doctors cream couldn't in 2 days!! hard core fan now, amazing for dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love love this cream. Took me a while to get used to the smell but I use it every night now and always wake up with the softest and smoothest lips. It's thick but not too greasy and you can really feel it working which is why I love it so much. Does wonders on dry skin all over the body too, had horrendous dry skin around my nose a while back after a killer cold so I put some of this on whilst I slept and woke up with smooth and soothed skin. AMAZING

I was very stupid and didn't wear sunscreen over the weekend and spent the day in the sun. My face burned so bad my eyes were swollen the next day. I treated it with aloe Vera right away but my skin was still dry and peeling. I went to shopper's drug mart and asked what I could use for relief. The girl recommended this cream, said the lavendar in it would calm my skin. I didn't care I was desperate to try anything. The price was steep though! So she put a bunch in a little jar for me to last the week and try for free. It was my miracle cream! It gave me relief, reduced my swelling and kept the peeling at bay to the point I was able to apply makeup over top the next day to hide some of my redness from the burn when I went to work. I would definitely buy this if I ever have any kind of issue with my skin where it is thirsting for moisture. My normal skin would have found it too thick and moisturizing but for irritated, dry skin, this was perfect!

One of my favourite products of all time. I use it on my lips, elbows, knees, but mostly all over my face (I don't know if that's weird but I have eczema and a really difficult acne prone/sensitive/ extremely dry skin type so the salicylic acid + heavy duty moisturisers in this make my skin amazingly smooth!) I know most people don't like the smell but it's really grown on me now I've been using it for so long, definitely recommend if you have super dry skin. Only thing that's a bit annoying is how expensive it is, but definitely worth it :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this on my lips at night for years and was quite happy with it. It moisturised my lips well. I tried it on other parts of my body but didn't like it as it was so sticky and never really sank in properly. For me, it's not worth the price. I find that Aquaphor does the same thing for a fraction of the price, so after buying that, I've never looked back.