Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

Look I know this stuff is just glorified petroleum jelly and is like putting something akin to sump oil on your face. That's a given with this product.
I would never wear it during the daytime or when I am visible to the general public.
But-and it's a big but-it actually works for my specific problem. My skin has had a really bad winter. The air here in Canberra has been bone dry, the wind has been freezing and the only heating I have is reverse airconditioning. My rosacea has been having a party for months and the skin on my nose has been flaking constantly no matter what I do.
Enter the Eight Hour Cream miracle. After using La Mer, various Dior products, Sans Soucis (which is usually great) etc etc I remembered my pot of this goopy stuff. I used my usual serum after cleansing at night then very liberally patted on a layer of this cream. Stayed up an hour or two before bed just to let it sink in a bit so I didn't lose too much on my pillowcase. Next morning saw the most improvement in my skin in months. The colour started to calm down, flakiness decreased, skin texture smoother and just a fresher look all around.
I have continued this regime for the last 2 weeks adding a layer of Laneige Water Sleeping Mask (on top seems to work best weirdly) a couple of times a week and I am delighted with the results.
I understand a lot of people hate this product but if used correctly for some specific problems it is very very good. And hey-if it doesn't work for you at least you haven't wasted your retirement money.

Use it for anything but on your face. The smell is bad, it's not a cream, it's an ointment and it leaves the layer of vaseline on your face, who would need it especially for this price? There are cheaper options on the market, why bother?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is amazing for everything, lips, cuticles, elbows, knees, cuts, dry patches. It does have a distict smell but I don't mind it.

This has a strong scent that does not dissipate. Average cream, nothing special, would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this and I threw it out in the end, I didn't like it at all. It was quite drying on my lips, smells awful and is really greasy. It doesn't sink in to skin, just forms a greasy layer and I have no use for it. Much better products out there that work much better. Lansinoh nipple cream which is 100% medical grade lanolin, Bepanthen which is a nappy ointment is brilliant and worth checking out the reviews for both. Also, they are a fraction of the price! I definitely won't repurchase this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Iconic for a reason.

Sits on your skin like a barrier. Doest sink in, doesnt moisturize. Terrible smell.

This is all in one product.
1.I use it for my extreme chapped lips and it healed less than a week. My lips are baby smooth now.
2.I did put on my sunburn feet, scratches, any itchiness and redness on my skin.
3.My most favorite part is putting tiny bit of it on my inner corner, cheekbones and lil bit on my lid. My skin looks healthier and fresh and i loveeee it. It's so different with putting highlighter. Looking more natural.
4.I put this after i shave or wax. God this is so amazing. I used to put alor vera gel after shaving. But still feeling burn and red and hot on area i shaved. But with this cream, this just heal my skin right away. Super soothing and works wonderful!
I know that this doesn't sink right in. It feels like it just sits on my skin. It takes more time to really sink. But a little goes a long way. And i love the valentine edition packaging

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Meh. Trying to use this up as a foot cream but even that is with meh results. I always had this on hand as there was a time it was considered a miracle cream. I never have liked the smell and I guess I just don't have enough needs for a "barrier" cream. As mentioned before, this doesn't really sink in. Even when you think it might be sinking in, it doesn't moisturize.
I'm done repurchasing this- i just cannot find a single use for it that it simply excels at.
It may be good as a barrier if you need one for some reason- but it won't do anything for rough spots, lips, etc. Between the smell and the slickness of it, any value-add is wiped out!

I have used this product for years, and I still love it. I don't find it expensive, since one tube last at least 1.5 year and it is harder to lose compared to smaller chapsticks and similar products.