Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’m actually kind of disappointed in this product. I love EA products, it is a very high quality and vastly underrated brand but this cream missed the mark for me. It may in fact be super moisturizing but I can’t get past the smell or the texture to give it a real chance. Another reviewer mentioned it feels like glorified Vaseline and that is not far from the truth. It is definitely more of a barrier cream rather than one that absorbs into the skin and if you can tolerate that sticky feeling then you might like it but all I wanted to do was wipe my face because it made me itch like crazy.

The smell and sticky texture is something I could not live with. Could not try using it more than a couple of times.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stinks it is extremely disgusting! I’m returning mine becoz I cannot handle the aroma of wet bandaids soooo gross it also gave me a comdone after one use nasty yuck ick gross nasty sorry no offense intended I’d give this negative ratings if I could. It pains me to write negative reviews. :-/

Look I know this stuff is just glorified petroleum jelly and is like putting something akin to sump oil on your face. That's a given with this product.
I would never wear it during the daytime or when I am visible to the general public.
But-and it's a big but-it actually works for my specific problem. My skin has had a really bad winter. The air here in Canberra has been bone dry, the wind has been freezing and the only heating I have is reverse airconditioning. My rosacea has been having a party for months and the skin on my nose has been flaking constantly no matter what I do.
Enter the Eight Hour Cream miracle. After using La Mer, various Dior products, Sans Soucis (which is usually great) etc etc I remembered my pot of this goopy stuff. I used my usual serum after cleansing at night then very liberally patted on a layer of this cream. Stayed up an hour or two before bed just to let it sink in a bit so I didn't lose too much on my pillowcase. Next morning saw the most improvement in my skin in months. The colour started to calm down, flakiness decreased, skin texture smoother and just a fresher look all around.
I have continued this regime for the last 2 weeks adding a layer of Laneige Water Sleeping Mask (on top seems to work best weirdly) a couple of times a week and I am delighted with the results.
I understand a lot of people hate this product but if used correctly for some specific problems it is very very good. And hey-if it doesn't work for you at least you haven't wasted your retirement money.

i have dry sun damaged aging skin. I use as an overnight face mask over a high percentage Vitamin C serum and its great. The Vitamin E and C are supposed to complement each other. This is a heavy cream but its also neutral in that its not going to irritate sensitive skin. As my skin is naturally dry, this cream doesn't clog or get too heavy on my pores. It does make my skin nice and soft the next morning. Really loving it. A lot goes a long way so good value for money.

I was given a sample of this. It is very moisturizing, I tried it on the eczema on my hands and it does help healing (don't expect any miracles, though). Its one big drawback is the horrible, horrible smell. If you do buy this, go for the unscented version (what I got was the original). The smell is overwhelming, truly disagreeable and has more sillage and staying power than any perfume I've ever known. The price is absolutely crazy, especially bearing in mind that you cannot really be around people smelling like that.

EDIT: this really helped me diminish my eczema. I tried it on my face too because harsh weather was making my skin flake and it worked miraculously (i.e., flakiness disappeared overnight). I've gotten somewhat used to the smell but if I were to buy a full size tube I would still go for the unscented one. Added one lippie because of the great results.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is amazing for everything, lips, cuticles, elbows, knees, cuts, dry patches. It does have a distict smell but I don't mind it.

This has a strong scent that does not dissipate. Average cream, nothing special, would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Iconic for a reason.

Use it for anything but on your face. The smell is bad, it's not a cream, it's an ointment and it leaves the layer of vaseline on your face, who would need it especially for this price? There are cheaper options on the market, why bother?