3.6

price range

Reviews

from

2 months ago

*not a cream* this is brown Vaseline. Honestly if you don’t like the sound of putting Vaseline on your face don’t buy this. It’s certainly not a day to day cream.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

2 months ago

This skin protectant has been around since 1930, and I was reminded of it when I was watching a video on YouTube about vintage products. I was concerned mostly about the scent, and I can see how it’s compared to the smell of bandaids. There was also a L’Oreal lip gloss that came in a pot, that I used in Middle School in the 80s, that had a scent similar to this, which was actually what I first thought of when I smelled it. The scent mostly fades after about 30 minutes, and luckily it doesn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. It’s not a white cream, but I don’t think this feels exactly ike Vaseline either. When it comes out of the tube, it reminds me of tube lip gloss or ointment. It’s a sheer amber/ apricot color, but when you rub it in, it’s clear. It’s very spreadable, and you only need a small amount. You can use it on your lips (not my favorite- I might have to try unscented for that area), cuticles, under eyes, on eye brows, the backs of hands, dry areas, etc. I hear people who spend time outdoors in harsh winter climates use this as a protectant, but I haven’t tried it that way yet. There is a sheen, but I find that after about 30 minutes, your skin absorbs it, and the sheen is mostly gone. I don’t find it to be sticky. Also there’s not enough BHA this to exfoliate, the ph is too high, so it’s not an acidic exfoliant. You can find it cheaper online, but I paid full price for mine (about $25). I love using this cult classic product that has withstood the test of time.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

This stuff is GOLD! I am writing to raise awareness of the magic this cream is capable of. I use it for my severely chapped lips. It also works on all dry skin and is great for hands and nail! I get some flaking around my nostrils in the winter and i put this stuff in and around my nose! This stuff was originally created to heal burns back in the early 20th century. I found this product when i read an article about Prince Harry using this stuff as chap stick in the North pole! I decided to try it and my family and I have been using it ever since. The weird smell is lanolin, which is a main ingredient derived from sheep's wool. Yeah it sounds kinda gross but totally makes sense why it is such an effective moisturizer. One tube will normally last me a year or more. It's expensive but anything that works miracles should be, right? http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/news-features/TMG10491141/Prince-Harry-takes-Elizabeth-Ardens-Eight-Hour-Cream-on-his-South-Pole-expedition.html

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

a year ago

I'm trying to think of at least one good thing about this but.....I dunno, the tube packaging is fine I guess? I won't get into the smell much, I could've just bought unscented, so that's on me, and I would put up with a bad smell in a product that performed well. I strongly suggest the unscented version if you want to try this. I agree that this could serve as an occlusive, but I would personally choose any other occlusive over this because of how terribly sticky it is. It really just sits on my skin as a terribly yucky glue, doesn't moisturize or soothe, let alone repair as I had hoped it would because I wanted to use it on my ghastly winter hands. As it doesn't actually *do stuff* for me other than just sit there in it's sticky stickiness, I couldn't even get use out of it as an emmolient on dry and rough patches. On my lips, I can count at least seventeen other items off the top of my head that work great for moisture, protection, soothing, healing, plumping, softening, lipstick base, you name it, and many of which a lot of us have lying around anyway, so really don't see why I would use this pungent, waxy, gluey mess on them. I was hoping it would at least do something on a stubborn, callous-looking patch by applying regularly. I regret having gone through the bother with such an offputting product as the results after a month were zero nada nothing. Maybe it depends on skin type, but on me...a real disappointment. Face treatment? Lol. Fat chance, for me at least. I would agree with the glorified vaseline mentions except that I can actually get vaseline to work for several purposes, sans the sticky gunky annoyance and paying way more than it's worth.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

I didn't know I needed this ointment in my life, but I am glad that I own it now! Think of this cream as your classic lanolin-based type of a product, one you would use for pretty much any (annoying) skin concern. Whether it is dryness, flakiness, chapped lips, peeling cuticles, cuts, burns, bites etc. - this is stuff that will soothe and calm your skin down. It is pretty much your classic Vitamin E with a bit of Salicylic Acid added to it. One tube is quite huge and will last you ages. Price is quite reasonable and I would recommend unscented version! To read more about this and other Elizabeth Arden bestsellers, check out my separate review here (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/21/Eye-On-Elizabeth-Arden-Bestsellers). Hope it helps!

About reviewer (539 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

I’ve only ever bought one tube which has lasted me ages (2+ years). It seems pretty expensive when you see the packaging and what you get but a little bit goes a long way. Useful for: face, body, lips, eyelashes, brows, burns, cuts, cuticles... I have very dry skin and this moisturises super quickly. I wear lipstick most days too which dries my lips out so I use this and scrub with a toothbrush which really helps before applying anything. I know the scent isn’t for everyone but I like it - there is also a scent-free option too. The texture is pretty much like a thicker Vaseline which can be a bit off putting as it’s quite sticky. It doesn’t need to be used all over though and can just be applied to problem areas of the skin. I can’t say what it would be like for oily/combination skin but I’d definitely recommend it for dry!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlack

EyesGray

2 years ago

I’m actually kind of disappointed in this product. I love EA products, it is a very high quality and vastly underrated brand but this cream missed the mark for me. It may in fact be super moisturizing but I can’t get past the smell or the texture to give it a real chance. Another reviewer mentioned it feels like glorified Vaseline and that is not far from the truth. It is definitely more of a barrier cream rather than one that absorbs into the skin and if you can tolerate that sticky feeling then you might like it but all I wanted to do was wipe my face because it made me itch like crazy.

About reviewer (929 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

2 years ago

The smell and sticky texture is something I could not live with. Could not try using it more than a couple of times.

About reviewer (409 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This stinks it is extremely disgusting! I’m returning mine becoz I cannot handle the aroma of wet bandaids soooo gross it also gave me a comdone after one use nasty yuck ick gross nasty sorry no offense intended I’d give this negative ratings if I could. It pains me to write negative reviews. :-/

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

i have dry sun damaged aging skin. I use as an overnight face mask over a high percentage Vitamin C serum and its great. The Vitamin E and C are supposed to complement each other. This is a heavy cream but its also neutral in that its not going to irritate sensitive skin. As my skin is naturally dry, this cream doesn't clog or get too heavy on my pores. It does make my skin nice and soft the next morning. Really loving it. A lot goes a long way so good value for money.

About reviewer (250 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair