Neostrata 15% AHA Gel Plus

Neostrata 15% AHA Gel Plus
NeoStrata Gel Plus AHA 15

4.3

Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I contains ALCOHOL, it smells ALCOHOL. Alcohol is very harmful to the skin since it break the skin barrier, dry the skin, as a result, get older the skin. Also once you dry your skin, the amount of the sebum will increase and your skin will be even more oily and acneic than before. This is exactly what this product did to my face. Also it didnt show any improvement for my acnes. I couldnt understand why a cosmetic brand add that much EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL to its product. I dont recommend it unless your skin is abnormally oily and needs some alcohol. I will never buy again this expensive yet harmful alcohol denat. concentration.

on 8/16/2017 12:26:00 PM

a derm recommend this for my acne scars which is ice picks.so after 3 months use no slight difference.this makes my skin oilier than before.so many white and black heads.all i can say is this werent so good.i went to new derm he suggest me retoin A and doxy dt(tablets) and a little surgery.lets see whats gonna happen

on 2/29/2016 4:52:00 AM

It really helped to clean my adult acne prone skin. After one month my pimples are gone, my blackheads are much less, the tone of my skin is evened. It helped also with some dark spots that are fading a little bit week after week.
Yes, I think it's more like medicine, because you can't enjoy it's use like with normal cosmetic creamy and scented products, but it definitely works!
In the evening I wash my face with glycolic wash, apply this gel and voilà thats it. I don't moisturize after, I just leave my skin breath and I wake up with clean glowing skin. And that's what I desire most...

on 5/15/2015 11:34:00 AM

I'm 37 - acne scars, still oil / combination skin. This is the only product I have ever found to smooth my skin out, clear up oil and get rid of pimples, literally almost overnight. No adverse reactions. It clearly isn't for everyone by reading the reviews here, but if you've suffered with pimples your whole life, it's worth a try!

on 7/23/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If I could only have ONE product this would be the one. Keeps my skin acne free!

on 9/5/2015 4:59:00 PM

The most magical product i've used in my life. ... I'm 26 with oily skin and i was suffering the acnes since 10 years. Now, i still have few breakouts from time to time (especially before th periode). You konw, when you finish to suffering the red painful acnes, you think you could finish the annoying skin problems. However, the acnes not only gave me the annoying adolescent periode but also left me scars on my face. Fortunately, i found the best solution to erase those scars without those horrible laser operations. That's neostrata who save my beauty.

I have quite a lot little creaters on my face. I started to use it since Mars, almost every night. So now it's already 5 months. I took some photos before using it, and the third month of using it and today i found quite a lot creaters disappeared and my bf said it looks like you did a plastic surgery. And also my skin is smoother and lighter than before.

PS: be attention about the sunshine, if you are not oily skin , dont use it because it s quite strong perling product.

So i sincerely recommand girls to try it if you have acne problems.

on 3/3/2014 8:20:00 AM

Bought this on an inspired shopping spree while in Hong Kong. I've been interested in incorporating acids in my skincare routine for a while, and this product was reasonably priced - and I trust both the Neostrata and Exuviance brands.

So this is an alcohol-based glycolic acid gel which goes on sticky and leaves a shiny film. And it stings! Be sure to apply to thoroughly dry skin. Since I am new to glycolic acids and cautious of getting hyperpigmentation, I only use this at night, say 2-3 few times a week. I don't use it directly before I go to bed - instead I let it do it's thing for a couple of hours in the evening and the wash it off and use a rich night cream to prevent dryness. (It is marketed for oily skins and mine isn't.) Because of the shininess and stinginess, I don't think I'd use it at daytime even if my skin had tolerated it.

So, what does it do for me? Quite a lot. I have uneven skin texture and some clogged pores that I'd like to get rid of. This really helps. My skin was significantly smoother and pores were less noticeable after just a couple of uses. I really like using this before the my night cream (the Exuviance Evening Restorative Complex FYI) as it makes my skin super soft and really makes make up application a lot more effortless in the morning.

I'm not really feeling the packaging though. It leaks now and then. Apart from that I like the no-frills approach. Overall, it's a great product that has changed the appearance of my skin in shorter time than any other product I've tried, and I will most likely repurchase. However, I will also look out for similar high performance exfoliating products without the high alcohol content. Dry skins beware.

on 5/2/2014 2:09:00 PM

Overwhelming scent of alcohol, burning, drying, and irritating. My face can tolerate the Skin Laboratory Glycolac 60 once a week. However, it could not tolerate this once a day or once every other day. I used it for a little over a month, once a day for 2.5 weeks and twice for the last 2 weeks. My blackheads seemed to multiply while the Glycolac cleans them out. I've got combination, sensitive, easily clogged skin. This is definitely not suited for my skin type and I questioned the esthetician who sold it to me. She swore it would be wonderful. Definitely not wonderful.

I've been really bummed that I'm having so many breakouts on my U-Zone at my age (I'm almost 25, never had a problem with acne in my teens). I've tried extraction procedures, custom dermatologist blends of Fluocinanide, Clindamycin, scrubs, masks, etc. and while some of them worked, the effect of this product was the most noticeable.

I was prescribed this gel 5 days ago and have been using it once every night since then. I use this after cleansing with moisturizer on top. The sting and itchiness were expected, but it really made my breakouts flat. I'm the type of person who can tolerate flat scarring but panics at the sight of raised bumps, so this is a lifesaver.

Quite expensive, but I totally understand the price. There seems to be a decent amount of product to last one person a full recovery cycle.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product every morning during a year, together with the Neostrata clarifying cleanser. I have to say that my experience has not been good at all.
- It takes a long time to be absorved
- It leaves my skin taut and with a wax doll appearance
- After a few hours, my face (especially the forehead) is covered by sebum and I have to wash it again
- My skin is even more oily than it used to be
- It has not corrected enlarged pores, not even a little
- It has not prevented the appearance of blackheads and pimples. On the contrary, it has resulted to be comedogenic.

Definitely, it is not the right product for me. I continued using it only because I spent a lot of money on it.