Clearasil Vanishing Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Clearasil Vanishing Cream

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the 10% BP formula. Used to use this a lot as a preteen before I started going to the dermatologist. It serves as a good spot treatment in an emergency/desperate situation (as in I don't have any more prescription treatment left). However, this contains "Isopropyl Myristate" which is HIGHLY COMEDOGENIC. I understand it's a moisturizing agent for such a drying acne treatment (10% BP); but I'd rather not slather this all over my face if it's just gonna cause more pimples (which on me, anything that's even mildly comedogenic will most likely break me out). As I said, I only use this as a spot treatment when I have no other option. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with very acne-prone skin.

on 6/18/2014 11:59:00 PM

This is one of the ONLY acne treatments that actually works, and believe me I've tried them all, including three courses of accutane. So yeah, I've tried a lot, lol. I've found that anything with 5% or higher benzoyl peroxide works best, no matter what kind of acne you have it clears it up super fast. The acne I do get now is not much, but it's the very painful, very deep, under-the-skin cystic ones. They can stick around for weeks, but this stuff clears then up within a few days ! I'm sure this stuff will stomp and regular acne overnight or within a couple days, and zaps deeper ones in a few days easily, as long as you DO NOT PICK. Picking just pushes everything deeper into the skin, and trust me I know, I've picked for years and years. It was a really bad anxiety thing. Anyways, this and the Spectro Deep Pore Vanishing Lotion ( I think that's what it's called...) are the best 2 acne treatments. Slather this on acne, but ONLY on acne spots or it'll dry out your skin very badly. I recommend using this overnight as benzoyl peroxide does not typically work very well under makeup and tends to ball up and create a bumpy texture. It's cheap, too ! Like 7 bucks. Give it a try, it works wonders !!

on 8/19/2013 11:13:00 PM

This works like a charm!!!! it shrinks my pimples crazy fast and clears my face up so well. Before this product, my face was so red and bumpy.

on 10/15/2008 11:02:00 AM

The product that brought me free from acne and blemishes. After using this product, I hardly had acne or maybe I am pass that phase but anyways, it does clear your pimples and it's vanishing cos it has a slight tint colour to mask your pimple redness. an excellent buy that is both effective and cheap. however, do use in moderation to prevent drying.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i seriously dont know why people suffer from acne in this day and age.
THIS PRODUCT WORKS. i've been using this for 6 or 7 years and my acne has been completely managable and kept at a minimum. the packaging is hideous and people sometimes question why i have this product - it's not very 'girly' looking - but i CAN NOT survive without it. it's magical. look, if you have zits, this is how you can get rid of them.

1. wash your face with a benzoyl peroxide face wash (twice a day).
2. dont wear gross foundation or excessive makeup.
3. use CLEARASIL cream at night - dont glob it on, either, a thin layer will do the trick. it works because it dries up the zits.

if you have zits, stop putting millions of products on your face, i.e. like gross "fruit moisturizers" and two tons of concealer and powder. all you need is this product. seriously, people are ridiculous. dont use all that fancy stuff, clearasil has the same active ingredient that proactive has. except proactive is expensive. but it works too.

i want to make love to clearasil. i swear to god, if i was going on that show "survivor" and i could only take two things, it would probably be clearasil and a toothbrush.

on 10/10/2008 9:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is the only thing, and I mean it, keeping my skin clear. It might get a little dry if I put it in known sensitive areas (for me thats the area where laugh lines would be and the lower sides around my mouth). I use it EVERY night on my cheeks and jaw line because out of nowhere, I started getting serious acne there. Since using this as a preventing tool, I get a weird zit maybe once a month (as opposed to every other day, literally). It does not help with blackheads for me. I noticed SA works better for clogged pores and blackheads. I tried using clean and clear persa gel, but strangely it just didn't work as well even though it doesnt have those pore clogging ingredients people keep talking about.
I do wake up with red cheeks if I put on too much, but it's gone in a few hours, and I wear face makeup up anyway. It's worth it to me, really. I payed 6 dollars. I will continue to purchase.
I use this under my makeup as well, but thinly because it will cause a hot mess otherwise (esp with studio fix or colorstay!) I'm happy I re-discovered this :)

Actually cleared my skin in 2-3 days. I had an awful breakout, the worst I've seen on my face ever. From stress, tons of makeup, etc...and I could not get rid of it for anything! I tried all these washes, treatments, nothing. I was so desperate I bought this, which I had remembered not doing much for me last time but it was the only thing I hadn't used so far. Anyway, I put it all over my face, then clean and clear dual action moisturizer and now my face is back to normal (minus the red spots). The best part is, because I'm a receptionist, I don't have to hide my face when people are talking to me now! and I don't have to cake on makeup! <3

on 10/15/2007 11:58:00 PM

I have used this since high school and keep coming back to it. I've tried other brands but nothing works as well as this

Clearasil works fairly well with clearing up acne marks. It doesn't work as good as Clean and Clear Persagel 10, however, if you are in need of something quick that is cheap and is a drug store treatment, than this is worth a shot. I actually used this for several years, and have recently stopped using it. I just find it to be a little too drying for my skin type. With a decent moisturizer, it works much better and is not so annyoing to use. I hate getting flakes because my skin dries out. So, all in all this is a pretty good product. Not the best on the market, but better than others I have used. A little goes a long way. Don't use too much, than your face might become super itchy, and irratated. The cost is only about 3 dollars and the tube lasts for a decent amount of time. I'd buy this again if I had to, but I will stick with Clean and Clear Persagel 10. It's my newest staple for facial care.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is ok...haven't really noticed that it cleared my skin up any faster than other drugstore products I've tried. My major issue with this product is the fact that it BLEACHED my pillow. I know there is a warning but geez...