Clearasil Vanishing Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Clearasil Vanishing Cream

3.3

on 5/29/2016 2:11:00 AM

I have tried many different acne spot creams. I use this when I have a pimple coming up, or one already here. It doesn't usually work overnight, if it did it would probably leave my skin dry as the Sahara. This stuff works over about three days. (Naturally my troublesome pimples take a week to leave). This spot treatment is the perfect balance of powerful and not too tough on my skin. Highly recommended.

on 12/11/2015 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For some reason over the last 6 months or so I've been having pimples pop up in random places on my face. Really? I thought this was suppose to stop in your 30's and beyond.
Anyhow, I was finally fed up enough to buy some sort of treatment for it. This is what I got. It's pretty affordable, around $5-6. It works ok. It's not a miracle cream or anything. It's a roll of the dice if this is going to work. Sometimes it really helps but sometimes it does little to nothing. It states on the tube that it is drying for your skin. So be very aware of that fact. It does dry out the skin where you apply it. Exfoliate and moisturize to avoid dry patches with that left over dark mark

on 9/19/2013 5:00:00 PM

At first, this acne cream worked wonders for me.

After applying it at night, my face would be acne-free in the morning. However, it would be a bit dry.

Nothing horrible happened to my face after using it for 2-3 months. It simply made my face free of acne.

But after a while of using Clearasil Vanishing Cream, my face would grow red, itchy, and a bit bumpy/puffy around the forehead, cheeks, and nose area!I also noticed that this product left my skin really, really dry.

I believe that this product has ruined my skin. It was great when I first began to use it, but after a while, it started to damage my skin by making it excessively red and itchy. Made my face look like it broke out in a rash.

I would not use this product again, and I'm throwing the remaining contents in the trash. Definitely not for me.

But as a tip, ALWAYS put on moisturizer after using this. I didn't do that, and this is the result.

I should have been wary of the 10% BP in this product...I'm an avid user of Neutrogena's Spot Treatment with 2.5% in it. I recently ran out of that one, which is my favorite, but I decided to venture out and get this Clearasil one. I have acne prone oily skin, and I've never considered to be sensitive, but this product irritated my skin quite a bit! It left red patches on the area of the pimple---I'm not sure if it even healed the pimple. I stopped using it immediately, realizing the effects of just how strong 10% BP really is. I'm going back to my Neutrogena one, and should have never EVER strayed. And so guys, BEWARE! It may have worked well for some of the reviewers here, but sadly for me it made my acne flareups even worse. The dry, reddish, and sometimes itchy patches that resulted from where I put this product managed to go away in about a week, with the help of an intensive moisturizer.

I admit I'm perfectly aware of the nefarious effects Benzoyl Peroxide has on the skin but decided to keep using it anyway because nothing else beats the crap out of those giant mofos that keep trying to appear during my ToM...well RetinA can probably give BP a run for its money being a pretty good zit & scar vanquisher in its own right without the negative aging effects of BP....but it's also quite a bit more expensive and usually requires a prescription.

I've tried a few acne spot treatments in the past::

DHC Acne Spot Therapy, Erzulie Oxygen Blemish Treatment, and Clean & Clear Persa-Gel. And in terms of LONG TERM effectiveness, Clearasil beats all these clear out of the water. The DHC & Erzulie only worked initially and decided to stop working after a couple of months. The Persal Gel- loved by some- and also as a user of BP doesn't quite work as well for me as Clearasil possibly because it's a gel and rubs right off my skin.

Like all acne spot treatment, this stuff works best when you start to feel that little mofo coming up. You only need a little bit of this to stuff cover the incipient zit and you need to apply it multiple times through out the day. Make sure not to apply too much and only apply it on the necessary area otherwise you are going to get disgusting dry and flakey skin.

For zits that are already doing a celebratory dance on your face, this stuff can help shrink them to an extent...but don't expect any miracles and in the end you're probably gonna have to squeeze the damn thing until it's bled dry.

For about 5-6 bucks at Target, the Vanishing Cream is a bargain and most importantly it works...if you don't mind BP.

Contains10% benzoyl peroxide in a white cream formula. It leaves an annoying white cast even after rubbing it in, so it's only practical for night use. Does a pretty good job of stopping emerging pimples (that sore red lump you can feel beneath your skin a day before a giant cystic pimple shows up) but not very effective on visible whiteheads. Directions say to scale up from once-a-day application to several times a day. But when I did, it caused peeling and mild sunburns even with daily SPF 30 sunscreen use. I'll keep this around for preventing those occasional cysts, but I would recommend diluting it with a moisturizer or using a product with a lower benzoyl peroxide % for everyday use on smaller blemishes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This works pretty well. It clears my troubled spots within a few days.

on 6/30/2011 4:14:00 AM

The bad:
Clearasil said that this cream was to "Vanish" once applied but NOTHING like that happened. The cream left a whitish powder on my skin and even when I smoothed it out you could still see the whitish outline of the area that it was applied to. It takes about 2 days for the pimple to get smaller and less red and about a week for it to be fully gone. A very strong smell too but that does not bother me as much as the white marks it leaves.

The good:
I would use this trick almost every night before I go to bed. I would squeeze a small amount of this and just smear it all over my T-zone, and because I'm not going out or anything even when it leaves a white mark I won't really care. It also controls oil...for a while. And because it dries up I don't have to worry about it getting on my clothes.

on 4/28/2011 4:51:00 PM

This stuff is absolutely the best! I had a horrible breakout like worst in a year... and this stuff cleared it right up. My face is nearly completely clear now, except for the red marks from the last breakout, but those are fading fast! The first few days using were kind of tough because it made my face very dry and caused some peeling and flaking and overall my face was red and dry.... But I used Cetaphil moisturizer to get through it and it was well worth it! Because my skin adjusted to it in 3 days and now it's radiant and almost a hundred percent clear! Highly recommend.

AMAZING product.

I felt it working a mere twenty minutes after applying.
Excellent for large or blister-y zits.
Very smooth, creamy, and gentle.
No vulgar smell!
It works like magic. Zits feel smaller in very little time.
Prevents breakouts very effectively.
With any of my rare breakouts, it works terrifically. It takes two or three days maximum for my skin damage to vanish. For small zits, only one day of use completely diminishes them.

Tips:

~ Read the directions. It does say that less is more; one thin layer is best.
~ Feel free to mix and match with other products and brands. I use a variety of brands for my skin care and none of them react badly with Clearasil.
~ Apply to the back of neck. Works wonders.
~ Apply several times a day. It takes a lot of this product to make your skin dry, in my experience.
~ Apply after rinsing face with room temperature water for best results.
~ Wear overnight, even if your skin is looking clear! Prevents stuff very well.