Clearasil Vanishing Cream

Clearasil Vanishing Cream

3.3

on 4/19/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use it everyday mixed with moisturizer (a dab of each in my hands gets rubbed together, then covers my face & neck). It keeps my skin clear until I get those once-a-month hormonal breakouts & then I use it as a spot treatment at night. It doesn't keep me totally clear during that time, but it helps keep things from getting out of control. It works better than salicylic acid treatments on my skin & I actually get compliments on my great skin! After having terrible skin as a teen, I will keep using this because it obviously works!

on 1/31/2010 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

This cream does get rid of acne, but I could not use it for more than a couple of days at a time since it made my skin SO itchy and dry. I have tried the lower and higher concentration of BP, and still the same result with Clearasil. I have found better results with acne and skin tolerance with Neutrogena's on the spot treatment with 2.5% BP.

on 12/9/2009 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my HG products. I've tried replacing it with other spot treatments but I've always come back to this. I use it prophylactically and to dry up existing pimples. It's very powerful stuff so make sure you have a moisturizer handy.

on 4/25/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin anyway, and back when I was a teenager and didn't know any better I bought this product which gave me a chemical burn and made my face puffy. What was worse was my boyfriend at the time was coming home for the weekend!!!! And I was meeting his PARENTS! argh this product was the worst! I would not recommend this product to anyone!

on 10/9/2008 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

it does like the packaging says - within 3 days there's a noticeable difference... usually in fewer days!

this product works really well for my cystic acne and whiteheads. it doesn't do too much for my blackheads though (salicylic acid products work better for those w/ me). after cleansing, i apply a thick spot over my acne head and leave it on overnight. there's a slight tingle/itchiness sensation once applied but it dissipates after a minute or so. if i apply a thin transparent layer, i don't get any tingle.

the benzoyl peroxide is drying, so expect some flaking (that's one of the ways that this chemical works), especially if you lay it on thick. but simply counteract it by using a good moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff made my skin very red and blotchy and did nothing for my blemishes.I have sensitive skin and this just burned and itched!I wil stick with Clear & Clear from now on.

on 11/9/2007 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this product for 28 years. It's the only thing that stops the bacteria and keeps my acne and oily skin under control. It has no bad smell to it at all and no added perfumes. I have never built up a tolerance to it in all these years, nor have I had a bad reaction to it either. I use it both morning and night. I can't use proactiv treatment because the consentration of benzol peroxide is not high enough. Clearasil uses 10% strength and proactiv is 2.5%. A big difference!
I love this product and wouldn't be without it! I have tried other products but always go back to my faithful clearasil! It's the only product that works for me. I wish I had bought stock in the company years ago. LOL!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok, I read the reviews for this Clearasil Vanishing cream and ran to my nearest Walmart (everything there is cheaper and I can never pass up a bargain)...Anywho I noticed that Wally's brand Equate was next to the Clearasil and that it had the exact same ingredients. 10% BP is 10% BP, so I bought it for $1.86. I figured I didn't have much to lose with my already oily and acne prone skin. Well last night was my second night using it and when I woke up this morning my face was clear! My coworker ran out at lunch to buy some. She has seen my face at its worse. Now I will update this review in about a month just in case my skin takes a turn for the worse...

on 11/13/2005 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stay away from this!!! My skin itched so badly when I first used it that I couldn't help but scratch. My face became so red and I'm sure the scratching made me break-out more. I used it anyway, thinking that I would get used to it with time and I hoped that my skin would clear up. Ironically, it wasn't until I stopped using this cream that my face became clear.

on 10/1/2005 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I never used to breakout when I was younger, but here I am, at age 35 purchasing Clearasil & it WORKS! I keep this on hand at all times & will continue using it.