Clearasil Vanishing Cream

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Clearasil Vanishing Cream

3.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this at the advice of my nail technician. I had it for awhile, but never really used it. She said to apply it in thin layers at night, and I started doing so and my skin has never been clearer! I updated my skincare regimen, with this included. Just be careful when applying it, I put it on my chest/neck, and it burned my skin. It's made for your face, and not sensitive areas (like around eyes). Also make sure you use a good moisturizer with it, and make sure you use a deep cleanser to clear out the gunk it leaves behind!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did nothing for my blemishes, and my skin reacted really badly to this - I think I got hives for about two days. It was red, and my skin broke out even more. I don't know if it's because of this product, or maybe my skin doesn't react well with benzoyl peroxide.

EDIT: This stuff really works! I've noticed such a huge change in my skin, I had a bad reaction to it but it was just my skin adjusting to the product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I paid a fortune for a drying lotion that had benzoyl peroxide as the main ingredient. For a couple of dollars, good old Clearasil does the exact same thing!

on 8/15/2008 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My skin was never the type with lots of acne. I get maybe a few zits once in a while, but it does get oily. Last summer, I started getting some acne on my forehead & I've always tried all those brand-name massage creams and cleansers but they never gave me super clear skin! And a friend recommended this, and at first, if you don't use it correctly with moisturizer, it can dry out your skin, but it makes it soft, gets rid of ALL acne & zits in just a few days, and leaves my skin non-oily.. for just $4! I don't go back to those expensive skincare anymore (: I use it 3-4 times a day, everytime I wash my face and before I put on my makeup. I LOVE IT<333 p.s. i love being "fair-skinned" and right after you put it on, it gives you the effect of powder-makeup! i think it's the benzoyl peroxide. TIP: too much benzoyl peroxide really dries your skin so stay within 5-10% range

to those of you who get blotchiness, do you use sunscreen? I recommended this to a friend who got the same blotches, but she admitted later she didn't use suncream. SUNCREAM IS NECESSARY AFTER USING THIS PRODUCT

on 8/17/2007 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

one summer when i was in highschool i got the worst braille-like bumps (closed comedones/whiteheads) ALL over my forehead! it was terrible and i was really freaked out by them, i went from having a few clogged pores here and there to 1,000! so i decided to try the good old standby, Clearasil, and prayed that it worked. well, it did, almost eerily well. within about 3 weeks all those bumps had either gone away on their own or been easily extracted by me! it was great. i just spread a thin layer over my whole forehead and that was all i used, with great results. however, i did notice that the more i used the Clearasil the more and more my skin adjusted to it and the less effective it was. however, i'd still recommend it, especially to someone dealing w/an onslaught of bumps they need to get rid of. it's cheap and it works!

on 8/15/2007 3:43:00 AM

The night I bought this, I dabbed a tiny bit on my blemishes and went to sleep. The next morning I found this product had given me awful chemical burns all over my face! (3 in total: two smaller ones about the size of a half-dollar coin on my left cheek and another huge one the size of a small apple on my right cheek.) The pimples were gone, but I was left with huge brown/red circles all over my face. I was forced to walk around with disgusting burns on my face that looked more like skin deformities than anything else.

They were incredibly painful and embarrassing, and kept getting worse and worse every time they peeled. In total, it took about two months for the burns to heal, and another month for the mark to go away. 10% BP is absolutely ridiculous. I'll never touch this product again.

FYI, I don't have sensitive skin, and I've never been averse to using BP in the past.

Burns my face off. Would be good as a spot treatment, but for use all over (which you must do to prevent more breakouts) it's way too harsh. Plus, studies have shown 2.5% bp to be as effective as higher concentrations.

Also, I have heard Clearsil puts comedogenic (pore clogging) ingredients in their acne cream. Those interested in this product may want to check up on that.

I recommend DKR BP gel, Neutrogena on-the-spot or Persagel instead.

But whatever cream you choose...do not get this on your hair or near your hairline. I have unexpected highlights as a result of not heeding the warnings this product may bleach hair/fabric.

on 8/12/2006 12:17:00 AM

this is the clearasil ultra vanishing acne treatment thing right? because the tittle is not clear.

well anyways the one i have dries out my normal skin a little bit. i think it makes me produce more oil. i've always had clear skin with monthly beakouts of only one pimple! but just a week ago i broke out with 4 pimples probably due to my aveeno positivley radiant and smooth UN-moisturizers.

but this one does not work at all. it claims to work in 3 days, but its been more than 3 days!!! and also, i can never usethis during the day time because it it comes in contact with the sun, i will get a brown little burn spot on my skin. not worth my time and money and precious skin; don't buy this.

i'm using neosporin now for two days and its already starting to work. i read this tip off of seventeen mag so go try it people!

EDIT: well acutally i will keep buying just to prevent anything coming back.

This works so well for me! This cream is supposed to be drying - that's how you get rid of the pimples... by drying them out. Whenever I get a small red spot on my face, I just apply a very thin layer to the spot and it's gone by the next day! I don't know how this works on long-term acne. I haven't experienced any "bleaching" from using this, and I would highly reccomend. Works WAY better than See Spots Run by Bliss, which doesn't work at all.

on 8/25/2005 9:59:00 PM

This is my HG pimple healer. I have really crappy skin if I dont use it. I'm 22 but lately, I've had 15 y/o skin! My chin and forehead were breaking out in little reddish pimples and clogged pores that were unpoppable and really annoying. Clearasil vanishing cream just makes them disappear in two nights. I've tried ProActiv, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, DDF...and Clearasil is the best for me. For $5.00, I'm surprised it even works as well as it does. I find that the best thing for my skin is to have a very simple skincare routine: Dove unscented soap for my face, Clinique clarifying lotion #2, then Clearasil.