Clearasil Vanishing Cream

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I picked this up as a last resort for my acne, which must be hormonal because I recently had my IUD removed. I was getting small pimples all around my chin and mouth, with large cystic pimples that would not go away no matter what I did. One literally remained on my forehead for over 3 weeks. I was fed up and having never tried benzol peroxide, opted for this. It was cheap $5.95 at Walmart.
I tried a thin layer as a spot treatment with no results. The following week I tried it in a thick layer as a spot treatment. I started to see improvement the next morning. My big cystic pimples had subsided and the smaller ones were drying up.
I have continued to use it and it does work for cystic pimples. Its a no go on the tiny closed comedones, causing me to believe they may be something else than acne...possibly a fungal infection?
It has a few downfalls. Its very drying and leaves dry patches on the skin with continued use to the same area. It causes dark spots where the pimples use to be which are not easy to get rid of.
It cannot be used under make up because it will be white and patchy in a few hours.

All in all for the price its a good value. There is a lot of product for the price and the packaging is good and simple.

I pair it with a 2% plain Greek yogurt masque once weekly (hello lactic acid!) Which helps get rid of thebdry spots and dark marks on my face. I also use a baking powder scrub once a week to help remove dead skin cells and aid in clearing my blemishes.
I think you have to have a good skin care regiment to use this product..otherwise it could wreak havoc on your skin.

I admit I'm perfectly aware of the nefarious effects Benzoyl Peroxide has on the skin but decided to keep using it anyway because nothing else beats the crap out of those giant mofos that keep trying to appear during my ToM...well RetinA can probably give BP a run for its money being a pretty good zit & scar vanquisher in its own right without the negative aging effects of BP....but it's also quite a bit more expensive and usually requires a prescription.

I've tried a few acne spot treatments in the past::

DHC Acne Spot Therapy, Erzulie Oxygen Blemish Treatment, and Clean & Clear Persa-Gel. And in terms of LONG TERM effectiveness, Clearasil beats all these clear out of the water. The DHC & Erzulie only worked initially and decided to stop working after a couple of months. The Persal Gel- loved by some- and also as a user of BP doesn't quite work as well for me as Clearasil possibly because it's a gel and rubs right off my skin.

Like all acne spot treatment, this stuff works best when you start to feel that little mofo coming up. You only need a little bit of this to stuff cover the incipient zit and you need to apply it multiple times through out the day. Make sure not to apply too much and only apply it on the necessary area otherwise you are going to get disgusting dry and flakey skin.

For zits that are already doing a celebratory dance on your face, this stuff can help shrink them to an extent...but don't expect any miracles and in the end you're probably gonna have to squeeze the damn thing until it's bled dry.

For about 5-6 bucks at Target, the Vanishing Cream is a bargain and most importantly it works...if you don't mind BP.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HORRIBLE PRODUCT!!
The only reason i bought this was because of the high ratings on MakeupAlley. This ruined my skin and was the worst thing i tried!!!!!!
my skin is so much more worse! i would never even imagin a product could do such a thing to me :(:( i just want to cry!
Heres a tip for all you people unsure about this product. DONT buy it! theres still a 50/50 chance it could NOT work on your skin so dont take a risk! i took that risk and learn from my experience because i regret this the most! your skin is better off without this product then with you messing around with your skin. Take my word for it ladies or else you'll regret it! go to page 10 and read all the BAD REVIEWS so you get a better idea of how many people regret this product.

on 4/25/2009 8:13:00 PM

The directions on the package say to, quote, "cover the ENTIRE affected area with a thin layer." Well, that is what I did, one time only, and I was left with huge, red, inflamed chemical burns on my face. I do not ordinarily have sensitive skin, and I have never had an adverse reaction to another acne product. Don't use this stuff, it's not worth the risk!!

on 6/10/2008 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This products works very well for me, and i think it is very worth it for the price!

I apply this during times i breakout, and if you use its loyally (few days) you will notice your pimple going down =) Actually the first time i ever used this cream, the next morning my pimple had reduced incredibly by alot~!
You should apply it in circular motions/rub it in well, or else when it dries it will leave some white flakiness. My skin is sensitive/normal/dry, so yes this product does sometimes dry out my skin. But to fix this I simply use a very moisturising moisturiser right after the treatment cream. So 1. Cleanse, 2. Clearasil treatment cream on pimples, 3. Moisturise with Clinique's dramatically different moisturising lotion.
I must admit the cream does sting and make me slightly itchy, however I think its all worth it for me :D

on 7/22/2004 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sometimes this cream worked for me and sometimes it didn't. So it may just be my skin type (sensitive, dry). I thought it was worth a shot, and am glad I tried it. Very inexpensive. I would buy again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is the best drugstore product that ive tried and believe me ive tried them all!! i still dont have clear skin though but this definitely makes a difference! i recommend this for anyone w/ mild acne