Clearasil Vanishing Cream

Clearasil Vanishing Cream

3.6

This worked great for me to zap zits and it also seemed to be great for prevention.

If you have sen. skin it may be to drying to use all over.

this is very drying but does exactly what its supposed to. when i apply this, my zit is almost gone the next day. cheap, will always use.

this cream works in one day. Whenever you have a blemish, and don't want scarring, just dab this on before you go to bed. The next morning the blemish will be mostly gone if not all gone. Love this stuff, and no higher price brand works as fast as this.

on 6/13/2003 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have a love/hate thing with Benzoyl Peroxide. While it is the only thing that nearly eliminates my blackheads and clears pimples, it unfortunately is very drying. It makes my skin start to peel/flake and it looks like dry, alligator skin, it becomes totally dehydrated. I worry it could cause premature aging. However, it is effective at eliminating blemishes. I have normal-oily skin and I would not recommend this for use on large areas (like your whole nose) In most people it will probably be too drying...I think it would be fine though for spot treating a pimple. Hope this helps! This is such a miracle product, they need to make a Benzoyl Peroxide with MOISTURIZER in it!

on 7/17/2003 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I always come back to Clearasil's Vanishing Cream *sigh* I have my own little love/hate relationship with Benzoyl Peroxide. It's harsh but effective. It's my emergency zit zapper. I just can't stay away...I'm always buying it. Sensitive skinned people--turn away! This is not for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my second tube of this stuff. I'm on the fence. On the one hand it does help with acne...clears your skin up faster. On the other hand it dries your skin out so bad that you have to deal with peeling skin instead. So choose, which is worse? Keep in mind that its practically impossible to wear foundation when you have peeling skin because it only highlights the problem.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is the best drugstore product that ive tried and believe me ive tried them all!! i still dont have clear skin though but this definitely makes a difference! i recommend this for anyone w/ mild acne

They were definitely serious about naming it "vanishing" cream. This stuff works really fast. It does dry out your skin so make sure to moisturize. If you have sensative skin I wouldn't recommend this, it's really strong and would most likely burn.

on 1/20/2004 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Clearasil has been around for a long time! It really is the only benzoyl peroxide cream that actually works well on my very oily, acne(cystic) prone skin. Over the years, I have switched to other products and have always come back to this one. I use it all over my face morning and night as part of my skincare routine. It is the only benzoyl peroxide product that doesn't dry out my skin and give me 2 problems(oily and flaky skin). It keeps the oilys at bay and helps keep my skin clear. It gives my very oily skin a nice matte look for a good part of the day! I would highly recommend it if your skin is like mine.

My emergency zit-zapper. If I use it everyday my skin gets really dry, or if I use it on just one pimple for a while that area gets dry, but dry skin can be covered up better than a pimple. It gets rid of pimples fast, but thats expected since it's 10% Benzoyl Peroxide. Not for those with sensitive skin.