Clearasil Vanishing Cream

Clearasil Vanishing Cream

3.5

on 1/29/2014 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS moisturize before putting this on and don't use it during the day. BP makes your skin more vulnerable to the sun so also wear sunscreen. The people who do not do this experience flaky skin for a week or 2 but then adapt to the BP. I didn't wear sunscreen for the first week and I got sunburnt but that was my own fault. It has been around a month since my first use and I've only had one pimple pop up so far and even that was gone within a day after putting this cream on it. My acne scars are much less noticable and my skin has never looked better!

on 1/11/2014 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I originally bought this a few years ago and it cured my acne! I would have an occasional cystic acne appear, but usually just your usual case of hormonal acne. Salicylic acid has always helped my acne but never cleared it completely. It's effects were never strong enough or good enough for me to be satisfied with my complexion until I found this. I apply it at night right before bed after washing my face, then using witch hazel (which is amazing). It worked so well that I thought my acne was cured and thought I didn't need to use it anymore, but sadly my acne came back after a week (in order for BP to work you must keep using it) and now I've started using it and it's gone once again. It does make your skin appear a little paler, but who cares when you're going to bed. It took a few days for the initial itchiness to go away from using it and my skin to get used to it, and just 3 days for my acne to go away completely :) you're skin will be a little dry when first using it too but once your skin adjusts it balances again. Also you only need to apply a thin layer! seriously don't know what I'd do without this!! BUY IT! Will cure cystic & regular acne breakouts!

on 9/19/2013 5:00:00 PM

At first, this acne cream worked wonders for me.

After applying it at night, my face would be acne-free in the morning. However, it would be a bit dry.

Nothing horrible happened to my face after using it for 2-3 months. It simply made my face free of acne.

But after a while of using Clearasil Vanishing Cream, my face would grow red, itchy, and a bit bumpy/puffy around the forehead, cheeks, and nose area!I also noticed that this product left my skin really, really dry.

I believe that this product has ruined my skin. It was great when I first began to use it, but after a while, it started to damage my skin by making it excessively red and itchy. Made my face look like it broke out in a rash.

I would not use this product again, and I'm throwing the remaining contents in the trash. Definitely not for me.

But as a tip, ALWAYS put on moisturizer after using this. I didn't do that, and this is the result.

This just helped me with tiny bumps

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was one of my first acne treatment creams I have ever tried and at that time, it was soo effective and dried out my pimples overnight.(tinted version)
However as I grew older, my acne became more complex and worse. I bought this as again in 6 years and it was super cheap.
It is a thicker cream for BP 5% that I have come across and it is pretty effective.
I hate how it can rub off in flakes and leave a white ring on my skin if it is not blended out properly or if I have applied too much,
It is not 'vanishing' as the other ones I have tried. It is a little cheaper than my other ones so I will most likely repurchase but for my skin, it is not as effective anymore because of my terrible skin. I like it and it works okay and it barely has a chemical scent.

I should have been wary of the 10% BP in this product...I'm an avid user of Neutrogena's Spot Treatment with 2.5% in it. I recently ran out of that one, which is my favorite, but I decided to venture out and get this Clearasil one. I have acne prone oily skin, and I've never considered to be sensitive, but this product irritated my skin quite a bit! It left red patches on the area of the pimple---I'm not sure if it even healed the pimple. I stopped using it immediately, realizing the effects of just how strong 10% BP really is. I'm going back to my Neutrogena one, and should have never EVER strayed. And so guys, BEWARE! It may have worked well for some of the reviewers here, but sadly for me it made my acne flareups even worse. The dry, reddish, and sometimes itchy patches that resulted from where I put this product managed to go away in about a week, with the help of an intensive moisturizer.

on 6/30/2011 4:14:00 AM

The bad:
Clearasil said that this cream was to "Vanish" once applied but NOTHING like that happened. The cream left a whitish powder on my skin and even when I smoothed it out you could still see the whitish outline of the area that it was applied to. It takes about 2 days for the pimple to get smaller and less red and about a week for it to be fully gone. A very strong smell too but that does not bother me as much as the white marks it leaves.

The good:
I would use this trick almost every night before I go to bed. I would squeeze a small amount of this and just smear it all over my T-zone, and because I'm not going out or anything even when it leaves a white mark I won't really care. It also controls oil...for a while. And because it dries up I don't have to worry about it getting on my clothes.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HORRIBLE PRODUCT!!
The only reason i bought this was because of the high ratings on MakeupAlley. This ruined my skin and was the worst thing i tried!!!!!!
my skin is so much more worse! i would never even imagin a product could do such a thing to me :(:( i just want to cry!
Heres a tip for all you people unsure about this product. DONT buy it! theres still a 50/50 chance it could NOT work on your skin so dont take a risk! i took that risk and learn from my experience because i regret this the most! your skin is better off without this product then with you messing around with your skin. Take my word for it ladies or else you'll regret it! go to page 10 and read all the BAD REVIEWS so you get a better idea of how many people regret this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this at the advice of my nail technician. I had it for awhile, but never really used it. She said to apply it in thin layers at night, and I started doing so and my skin has never been clearer! I updated my skincare regimen, with this included. Just be careful when applying it, I put it on my chest/neck, and it burned my skin. It's made for your face, and not sensitive areas (like around eyes). Also make sure you use a good moisturizer with it, and make sure you use a deep cleanser to clear out the gunk it leaves behind!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did nothing for my blemishes, and my skin reacted really badly to this - I think I got hives for about two days. It was red, and my skin broke out even more. I don't know if it's because of this product, or maybe my skin doesn't react well with benzoyl peroxide.

EDIT: This stuff really works! I've noticed such a huge change in my skin, I had a bad reaction to it but it was just my skin adjusting to the product.