benefit Cosmetics Boo Boo Zap

benefit Cosmetics Boo Boo Zap
Boo Boo ZapBoo Boo Zap

1.9

on 6/20/2010 1:22:00 PM

does absolutely nothing, smells funny and hard to apply! do not waste your money on this!

on 1/19/2010 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Didn't seem to really do anything for me but irritate my skin. I do however have friends that swear by this so... (shrugs) Kapow seems to work better for me.

on 10/5/2009 6:14:00 PM

WOWZA, did I ever get smoked on this product. I have been following the 'cult' buzz of BooBoo Zap for a few years and when presented with the opportunity to buy it, decided it was now or never. Like all things BeneFit, you pay for the cool graphics and packaging, so basically twice as much as you should be paying. $26 CND, yup, that's steep. Anyway, throwing caution to the wind, I bought it and ran all the way home to try out my long coveted prize. The smell was the first thing that caught me off gaurd, but I was trying to be optimistic. Applying the formula to my acne, I felt that the product burned quite a bit. Who cares right?? If it makes that pimple dissapear, you can set my face on fire!! Jump to the next morning, and I had nothing to show for it. Zits, still present. Except now the skin around them was all dried up making it impossible to wear concealer. I didn't over use the product or anything, it just didn't work. I tried several nights in a row and the zits still persisted without any sign of clearing up. Maybe it's the unsanitary application method? Finally, I reverted back to my tried and true method and voila, 24 hrs later, they had dried up like the desert. This product was an absolute waste of money and way, WAY, over-hyped!

on 7/12/2007 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a good spot treatment because it's a liquid (rather than a messy white cream or sticky gel) and it dries clear. It's easy to reapply throughout the day. It does remove the redness out of blemishes quickly. It took about three days, however, for my break-outs to disappear (about the same amount of time as similar products.)

This product is expensive (and comes in a little tube), but I would consider repurchasing because the ease of application.

Hmm... I think this works... but about four bottles later I'm not totally sure. I keep religiously buying it because I've found nothing better and it certainly does reduce redness if you apply it often enough, but frankly most of the time I just don't have that kind of patience! Also, you only get a tiny amount of product for the huge price tag and it stings like hell if you apply it to an open zit. As for it separating after a couple of days of being opened, that doesn't bother me so much, it usually turns cloudy again with a quick shake. Yes, I'll probably end up buying this again, but only on ebay where I know I can get it cheaply, there's no way I'd pay 13.50 for it. UPDATE: Buy Benefit's Ka-Pow... soooo much better!

Useless product. Just burnt the hell out of any acne i had. Then the acne spots were pissed and lingered even longer than they should have. I threw it out.

on 2/17/2006 3:01:00 AM

I wanted this to work, buuuuuuut- spot treating a blemish isn't exactly something that makes sense ( I mean, the only way to treat them is to prevent them, or get a collogen shot.) Nice concept, but I suppose I shouldn't have been fooled by the false hope. :-P

on 1/16/2006 6:46:00 PM

The first time I bought this I came home to realize it was only half full; so, after exchanging it for a full one I tried it on. I worked wonderfully for about a week and then did nothing. I guess my skin just got used to it. I won't be buying this again.

Don't hate me, but I have to give this product a top rating. If you do it right--dabbing it on several times throughout the day, even over your makeup---it *will* speed the healing process on your blemishes. At least it does for me, and I use this daily, any time I see a red bump coming up (as well as to help get rid of ones that have already erupted). And, to counter the comment made by the poster above, if you DAB it on with your fingertip it will not run or affect your makeup in any way. The trick to the bottle is to put your fingertip over the opening, tip the bottle up, and then set it back upright. The little reservoir in the top fills with just enough product for you to dab 2-3 times, and then it's empty and you either do it again or you're done. This wets your fingertip just enough for an application---you don't pour this on your face. The flakes separating in the bottle don't concern me, they don't affect the product's performance in any way (it's just the ingredients, it's nothing gross or worrisome). This works especially well around the lip area, as it doesn't dry your skin out needlessly and also doesn't burn like many zit medicines. I love this stuff and wouldn't be without it! It isn't a cure-all instant fix, but in addition to your once-daily heavy-duty zit medicine, this makes a fantastic speed-the-process addition. Decreased the healing time on my problem areas by several days---I'm not sure it's worth the inflated price, but I would (and will) definitely keep this in stock in my cosmetics drawer and makeup bag.

Expensive, messy, not that effective - and it separates into white flakes in the bottle. It sort of cleared up a spot, but created a new problem with the dried-up, sore and flaking skin AROUND where the spot had been. Yet another case of the Benefit sales copy being more convincing than the actual product.