benefit Cosmetics Boo Boo Zap

Boo Boo ZapBoo Boo Zap

1.9

on 6/21/2006 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is OK, as it really seems to get the redness out and soothes a pimple, but over time you start to see a film in the bottle and little particles floating around and this CAN'T be good. If there was a way to prevent this from happening, I believe this could be a better product.

I'll use it because I have it, but it doesn't work any better than anything else I've tried and it cost a lot more. I tried my daughters Proactive spot treament and it worked much better to be perfectly honest. It also smells horrible. I love benfit, but I got gypped with this one

on 2/3/2006 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Nothing more to say but this did nothing for me at all.

on 10/22/2004 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product was a disappointment, after having read somewhere that it was great! Found it has done nothing for my cystic acne-type bumps on my chin, despite dabbing on several times a day as suggested. Maybe it works on normal small spots. Bottle is quite easy to tip over and product easily spills. Would not buy this again and may even throw the rest of it out! This was an expensive mistake.

on 6/19/2004 10:52:00 PM

I'm embarassed to admit that I bought this. It's a freakin' asprin or two dissolved in some witch hazel and camphor oil from what I can tell. For $18. Oh, and that bit about dabbing it over makeup -- sure, if you don't mind a line on your face where the stuff runs down and takes off the makeup along the way. I think the Benefit twins must be laughing all the way to the bank!

Don't hate me, but I have to give this product a top rating. If you do it right--dabbing it on several times throughout the day, even over your makeup---it *will* speed the healing process on your blemishes. At least it does for me, and I use this daily, any time I see a red bump coming up (as well as to help get rid of ones that have already erupted). And, to counter the comment made by the poster above, if you DAB it on with your fingertip it will not run or affect your makeup in any way. The trick to the bottle is to put your fingertip over the opening, tip the bottle up, and then set it back upright. The little reservoir in the top fills with just enough product for you to dab 2-3 times, and then it's empty and you either do it again or you're done. This wets your fingertip just enough for an application---you don't pour this on your face. The flakes separating in the bottle don't concern me, they don't affect the product's performance in any way (it's just the ingredients, it's nothing gross or worrisome). This works especially well around the lip area, as it doesn't dry your skin out needlessly and also doesn't burn like many zit medicines. I love this stuff and wouldn't be without it! It isn't a cure-all instant fix, but in addition to your once-daily heavy-duty zit medicine, this makes a fantastic speed-the-process addition. Decreased the healing time on my problem areas by several days---I'm not sure it's worth the inflated price, but I would (and will) definitely keep this in stock in my cosmetics drawer and makeup bag.

I normally don't break out much, but lately I've had a bit of a zitfest on my face. I was sucked in (once again!) by BeneFit's cute and clever marketing and bought Boo Boo Zap. The first thing I noticed was that the bottle sucks. The only hygienic way to apply it is to put some on a Q-tip, then apply to the face. Well, this uses the product up quite fast, as you can imagine, because a good amount ends up staying on the Q-tip and going in the garbage. Second, not only did it do *nothing* for my zits, I think it actually made them worse. I used the entire bottle in a couple of weeks (I didn't have *that* many zits, it just goes fast) and I was happy when the bottle was empty. This is truly a waste of money.