Neutrogena Neutrogena Healthy Skin Cream Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

2.6

I have combination skin, and very large pores around my nose. I wanted to buy a no fuss foundation that I could apply quickly. Well, I am very disappointed with this foundation since I look like a clown after I put it on. It is very cakey and whenever I try to disperse it, I am not successful. It leaves orange stripes around my face, I look horrible. I do not have dry skin, but still I am not able to disperse it. Plus, the coverage is not very good, since all my red patches are still visible after application. NOT good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This goes on too heavy and cakey for a foundation, and I *like* heavy coverage. It's really not good for oily skin either since it streaks in my oily parts.
I will say that when I stopped using this as a foundation, I used it as a concealer and I would definitely buy it again for that purpose! It's especially great around my eyes since it matches my Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid perfectly - no reverse racoon eyes.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

So here's my story: I've been looking around for a compact foundation to use during the wintertime. I usually use powder foundation during the summer and wanted a cream version for drier weather. I figured I'd start w/ the drugstore first and purchased this cream-to-powder product. Well, as many others have mentioned, this highlights all of the "dry patches" on my normal-combo skin, "dry patches" meaning that they aren't really dry at all, just not oily. This being the summertime and all, when my skin is naturally oilier, I don't think this would be a good option for the winter. Also, I could never get this to blend into my skin--It felt like I was just pushing the foundation around my face. I experimented w/ using a brush instead of the sponge to see if it made a difference, but the drier texture of the foundation just sort of gunked up in the bristles. I think I need a strictly cream formula or at least something w/ more slip. Anyway, it's going back to Walgreens tomorrow. On the upside, Golden Bisque is the closest drugstore color match I've been able to find for my NC30-35 Asian skintone.

It is just so hard to find any foundation/powder that matches to my skin tone even at Bobbi Brown cosmetic counter. And to make things worse, I have a very sensitive skin. However, this Neutrogena powder foundation in Golden Bisque not only matches to my skin perfectly but also never irritates! AND it comes with 20 SPF--what can I ask more?! The finish is very natural and never gives cakey/too powderly/too matt finish while it gives a good coverage. Perfect product for those who have only 15 seconds for make-up in the morning.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this one in Golden Bisque which is a great match for my skin during the winter - I wish they had a more 'tan' color I could use during the summer. Definately need to apply over well exfoliated skin 'cause it does emphasize any flakies. I like the sheer-med coverage and doesn't feel heavy or cakey.

PROS: This the closest color match (Golden Bisque) I have found for my skin thus far. That's about it though.

CONS: The sponge it comes with gets caked w/makeup very quickly and is not easy to clean off. Coverage seems fairly light and is not suited for those (like myself) who actually *need* to conceal acne and/or scars. Accentuates any flakes and fine lines. In fact, when I wore this, my husband looked at my face and asked, "Have you always had those lines?" (he meant the ones that run from the area between my cheeks and nose to the outer corners of my mouth...if that makes sense) Yikes. Will try to use it up, but will definitely NOT repurchase.

OK...the thing about this one is that it can look "cakey" and if you have any dry patches on your skin (like around the nose), it emphasizes it a lot. The only thing I really did like about this is the ease of use, the clean application with the sponge, and the matte finish. I also didn't like the look that you were "wearing makeup" as opposed to it just evening out your skin tone while still looking natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on impulse in the shade of true beige. It has such sleek and clean packaging and I always liked the brand neutrogena, so I gave it a try. It was alright, but definitely not the best. It may be because the shade was a bit too dark for me, but it looked sort of unnatural when I applied it. Plus, it was all flakey when I tried to blend it on a drier part of my skin. Ugh...not my type of foundation. I'm trying something else.