Neutrogena Neutrogena Healthy Skin Cream Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.2

I have combination skin, and very large pores around my nose. I wanted to buy a no fuss foundation that I could apply quickly. Well, I am very disappointed with this foundation since I look like a clown after I put it on. It is very cakey and whenever I try to disperse it, I am not successful. It leaves orange stripes around my face, I look horrible. I do not have dry skin, but still I am not able to disperse it. Plus, the coverage is not very good, since all my red patches are still visible after application. NOT good.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

So here's my story: I've been looking around for a compact foundation to use during the wintertime. I usually use powder foundation during the summer and wanted a cream version for drier weather. I figured I'd start w/ the drugstore first and purchased this cream-to-powder product. Well, as many others have mentioned, this highlights all of the "dry patches" on my normal-combo skin, "dry patches" meaning that they aren't really dry at all, just not oily. This being the summertime and all, when my skin is naturally oilier, I don't think this would be a good option for the winter. Also, I could never get this to blend into my skin--It felt like I was just pushing the foundation around my face. I experimented w/ using a brush instead of the sponge to see if it made a difference, but the drier texture of the foundation just sort of gunked up in the bristles. I think I need a strictly cream formula or at least something w/ more slip. Anyway, it's going back to Walgreens tomorrow. On the upside, Golden Bisque is the closest drugstore color match I've been able to find for my NC30-35 Asian skintone.

I use this in Golden Bisque, it's the closest match for my skin tone. It evened out my complexion & felt light. I agree with everyone else about dry patches...they become very noticeable. On a lighter note, it hid a hickey well lol.

It is just so hard to find any foundation/powder that matches to my skin tone even at Bobbi Brown cosmetic counter. And to make things worse, I have a very sensitive skin. However, this Neutrogena powder foundation in Golden Bisque not only matches to my skin perfectly but also never irritates! AND it comes with 20 SPF--what can I ask more?! The finish is very natural and never gives cakey/too powderly/too matt finish while it gives a good coverage. Perfect product for those who have only 15 seconds for make-up in the morning.

PROS: This the closest color match (Golden Bisque) I have found for my skin thus far. That's about it though.

CONS: The sponge it comes with gets caked w/makeup very quickly and is not easy to clean off. Coverage seems fairly light and is not suited for those (like myself) who actually *need* to conceal acne and/or scars. Accentuates any flakes and fine lines. In fact, when I wore this, my husband looked at my face and asked, "Have you always had those lines?" (he meant the ones that run from the area between my cheeks and nose to the outer corners of my mouth...if that makes sense) Yikes. Will try to use it up, but will definitely NOT repurchase.

I bought this for the coverage and 20spf (not listed in the title of this product on makeup alley). The coverage was great - made my skin look great and was very quick/on-the-go & easy to apply. The only thing that sucked was it gave me zits - I don't even get zits anymore! I'm 39 :) I thought it was "that time of the month" but i repeatedly tested it by using something else then going back to it. perhaps it's an allergic reaction? i wouldn't buy it again because it's not worth it to get zits.

I don't wear makeup usually, unless it's a special occasion. For those types of things, I wear Clinique liquid foundation with loose powder on top. But recently, I was looking for a powder compact that would provide good coverage for days when my skin isn't looking its best (ya know..that time of the month!). :) I liked that this product said that it was 'cream powder makeup' , so I was hoping it would give me the liquid + powder look all-in-one compact and something that would be quick and easy to apply before work in the morning. And guess what? It sure does deliver those results very well! My skin looks flawless, natural, and so smooth and healthy. I got this in Blushing Ivory, and it is a perfect match. With a bit of blush or bronzer over it, it gives me the exact look that I'm going for. The one slight downfall for now is the initial scent. It smells like paint thinner! Anyway, I'm going out to dinner now, so I will update later on how well this lasts and if it needs touch ups (because I do have combo skin..oily T-zone). It cost me $9.99 at Target, which is a bit steep for drugstore, but still decent enough to buy. :) Oh, and the packaging is great. Very sleek, very thin, and easy to throw in the purse.

Nice stuff. Used this the day I had my school picture taken, and even my mom noticed how smooth my skin was looking :O Packaging is really nice and clean.
It's kind of annoying to apply though, with the sponge is hard and with your fingers even worse. It tends to get 'powdery' very quickly. I also have the feeling it doesnt really blend in well.

But despite all that, it looks great in the end.

OK...the thing about this one is that it can look "cakey" and if you have any dry patches on your skin (like around the nose), it emphasizes it a lot. The only thing I really did like about this is the ease of use, the clean application with the sponge, and the matte finish. I also didn't like the look that you were "wearing makeup" as opposed to it just evening out your skin tone while still looking natural.

does not apply well and flakes alot...will not buy again