L'Oreal On The Loose Sparkling Mist

No Image

4.8

on 2/1/2006 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

These are the closest drugstore purchase to MAC pigments. Shades are highly pigmented, easy to blend and last all day. Originally retailed between $6-8 each. Each small pot contains 2 grams of product. If you are looking for pigments, then these are a great way to go because of the price. I find loose powder to be a pain in the neck to apply, and too messy. The colors are very nice though, all look beautiful and apply true to color with great staying power. Sparkling Mist is a shimmery soft blue with a lot of golden shimmer to it.

on 8/30/2005 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I won't ruin any of the great reviews here. L'Oreal really shot themselves in the foot when they decided to discontinue these (and the Illuminance thingies out now just aren't quite the same). I got a sample from another lovely MUA'er in a swap and I'm very pleased I was able to get a hand on this. Like a slightly muted medium sky blue shot through with lots of gold shimmer. Dare I say though that this is actually rather similar to BE Chameleon (which I also got from another wonderful MUA'er). The only diff is that the BE Chameleon is more sparkly and applies more sheerly, but the colour is very close. And I'd agree that MAC Steel Blue is another rendition of the same only the chunkiest of the three.... so, if you're having trouble finding one of them, there's another version out there somewhere!

on 5/24/2005 2:26:00 PM

This is gorgeous. It's a pale, silvery blue-green with a goldish sheen. It sounds like it'd be really flashy, but it's actually quite subtle and my PPP/MMM golden complexion generally makes blues and greens look garish. With a pale gold shadow on the browbones, it makes for a beautiful mermaid-y look. Texture is fine and soft. It's quite pigmented so you only need a little bit. Stays on me fine (though my eyelids aren't oily) and doesn't crease (but most shadows don't). Packaging kinda sucks b/c there isn't a sifter, but I can deal. Cheap if you can find these (they're discontinued). I'd try Big Lots or just swapping for one.

on 3/20/2005 11:52:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeshadow! I am so glad I finally got my hands on this! It is a beautiful green blue with gold shimmer. It can be applied sheerly or layered for more pigmentation. It is not gritty at all. I love this with the OTL gold essence. This was worth all the trouble to find! For those who can't find this, Stila Mystic e/s (a pro color) is quite similar. Mac Steel Blue pigment is also similar, but much more gritty and glittery. continued >>

on 5/12/2004 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

THE absolute most GORGEOUS blue EVER!! i even love swiping it on my wrist just to look at it, that's how amazing this color is! it's a medium blue w/ fine gold and pink shimmer, giving it an overall gold/teal sheen. extremely pigmented and silky. and when used wet, it becomes an even more interesting intense metallic teal. this is one of the few blues that doesn't look hideous on my yellow toned asian skin (b/ of the warm gold shimmer). this is definitely one of the best otls!

on 4/8/2004 6:15:00 PM

I *love* this! A very shimmery, blue-grey & gold color...not bright and in your face blue like Night Fever and not a barely noticeable color like Airy Azure so it's a nice in between blue shade. Hard to find since it was limited edition, but worth the search!

on 3/29/2004 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I *love love love* this otl! This has to be my favorite otl's. And I almost have all of them. The color is a golden blue teal. I love to wear this with Jane's Goldilocks. Although te wear doesn't last as long as other e/s, I feel that it makes up for it in color.

Wow, this is an amazing color. I wouldn't have guessed it would look good on me but yes, it is neat. Packed with gold shimmer, it's a greyed down minty blue green. My theory is that the gold shimmer makes it blend better with skin. Anyway, yeah, OTLs are some of my very favorites- some colors I like better than MAC pigments (sacrelige!) I was lucky enough to find one still in the drugstores- how, I don't know, it was LE quite a while ago. EDIT: For those who can't find it, MAC Steel Blue pigment is quite similar, though more intense.

on 11/28/2003 12:26:00 AM

god i looooooooove this color!! i want to buy more clothes to go with it just so I can wear it more often. And of course, the quality of these e/s is always great! its is a beautiful teal/green/blue with lotsa gold shimmer! It can be built on so that the color is deeper and bolder or less so that it is delicate. Might scare m/u disliking BF's though, as it did mine, who said I had too much makeup on just because it is such a bold color (not bright persay, just Wow!) but I love it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This shade is sooo beautiful! It's a gorgeous beachy teal that flashes gold. This is definitely one of my favorite OTLs.