4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

Hold up! I just got bathos in the 'Relax, take a bath' gift kit last week. (2011, October) It was a well worth it bubble bar and looks like it might be around for a little bit longer before being discontinued. or at least in the kit.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesHazel

9 years ago

NOOOOO!!!! its being discontinued!!!!! Dang. This is a really good smelling bubble bar. It makes the water a neat lavendar color with tons of bubbles. It smells like really good sweet violet candy. Darn.. RIP Bathos. :(

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I'll preface this by saying that when I take a Lush bath (maybe 1x a month) I use the whole bomb/bar/whatever. I don't buy a lot of their stuff (even though I'd like to) because it IS pricey, but it's so worth it for a nice treat. I've read that a lot of people cut their Bathos bars in half or even for 3 baths but I use the whole thing, and I use it alone (not with another bomb). I. Love. It. It smells flowery which I love, creates a ton of bubbles that last, and turns my water a gorgeous dark purple. Doesn't stain. It also makes my skin super soft. Well worth it for an occasional gift to yourself if you're a bath lover like me. :)

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

from

10 years ago

This is the best thing ever! Its the only bad product I really cannot live without! Everytime I take about, I take this with me.. it's my best friend, I cant live without this purple thing filled with sweetness :3 (it could be cheaper, though,... )

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Other

10 years ago

Awesome product. Smells great and makes tons of bubbles. It has a floral scent and it's just darn pretty.

About reviewer (167 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

from

10 years ago

I was strictly a bath bomb girl for a long time and then the evil LUSH SA's pulled their, "If you like ____, you'll love _____" on me and my nose led me to Bathos. I have to say that Bathos is my all time favorite bath bar. According to LUSH, it has rose, ylang ylang, bergamot, jasmine, violet, and clove. I smell mostly ylang ylang, jasmine, and a little clove, which make Bathos heady and spicy. If you like the food scents or sweeter, fruiter fragrances you might not like Bathos. It is certainly a unique fragrance. I know that I can't stand food-scented bath and body products and I don't like fruity florals so I gravitate towards muskier and spicier fragrances. Anyway, I am so addicted to Bathos. What I love, aside from the fragrance, is how it does not leave a film on my skin or the tub. I don't know how softening it actually is because I always use Bathos with a piece of a bath bomb just because I can't help myself and--the most important part--I don't take super hot baths and apply lotion right after I get out of the water. Since the fragrance of Bathos is so unique and I love how my skin smells afterwards, I stick with fragrance free lotions such as Aveeno so that I don't have too many things going on fragrance wise. I have to admit that Bathos is a bit expensive. I can get two or three baths out of one bar depending on how much of a bath bomb I use so I guess that's not so bad but still, $6.65 a bar is not cheap in my book. I have purchased at least a dozen Bathos bubble bars and I don't see myself stopping although my bath taking will drop off dramatically in warmer weather so I can use that extra money for makeup, lol.

About reviewer (558 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

10 years ago

The most bubbles I've ever gotten from a LUSH bubble bar are from this bad boy here. It was such a relaxing bath, and the smell from this bar is to DIE for. Love it! Wish it was bigger though, I can usually only get two baths out of it.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

10 years ago

i first tried bathos in the relax, take a bath set (i think that's what it's called) and it was absolutely my favorite product included. i love the scent, it bubbles up beautifully, makes my water feel so silky, and it changes the color of the water to a dark purpley-grey that i find very relaxing. it didn't stain my white tub at all. i don't really buy bath products from lush all that often because i don't enjoy baths enough to justify the price, but whenever a free bubble bar is offered this is the one i choose. i love it!

About reviewer (182 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

10 years ago

Parma violets scent! turns the bath a lovely colour and really makes me feel chilled out. nice one for bedtimes.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

3.0

11 years ago

I love all things violet (perfume, violet creme etc etc) so I had to try this. As with other Bubble Bars a small amount produces a huge amount of bubbles so you need only use as much as you feel like. I am a huge fan of their Bath Bombs as many have moisturising properties. I have dry skin and don't find this to be moisturising in any way. In fact, it may have been a bit drying as my skin felt a bit tight after using this. I have, however, found some of their other Bubble Bars moisturising so I think it really varies from product to product. This Bubble Bar has no bits in it, so if you are like me and don't like bits floating in your bath or having to clean up too much after a nice bath this one is a good choice. I gave this a 3 because the scent is quite pleasant and LUSH products are always a novelty to use. If you are concerned about the ethics of cosmetic brands LUSH is a good option as they seem to have a strong ethical stance on various issues. I wouldn't repurchase this particular Bubble Bar (update: now discontinued) as I feel there are better ones on offer. Bubble Bars are pricey but you can get several baths out of them depending on how many bubbles you like in your bath and are overall better value than the Bath Bombs (even though they're my fave) which are harder to divide.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool