Palladio Liquid Eyeliner

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This thing stung my eyes so bad. Don't Try it. Really. You can hurt your eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased Palladio liquid eyeliners in Emerald Isle and Lavender. I'll keep it short and sweet - they have a hint of shimmer, but overall, the colors are muddy (brownish). I would not recommend these.

Beloved winged liner...some days you leave me completely vexed, but when I manage to draw you evenly sharp--you're truly the signature upon the canvas of my face! I made my first purchase of this liquid eyeliner on a whim, in Sally Beauty Supply, 13 years ago. I've continued to buy it, as I find it dependable.

I prefer a matte black finish, but this liner is available in a variety of shades, for $6.00 each: black (matte), black shimmer, black/brown (matte), bronze (shimmer), lavender (shimmer), midnight (dark blue matte), emerald isle (green shimmer), aquamarine (a lighter blue shimmer). The product is contained in a small plastic ink pot, and has a straight handle connected to a firm felt tip. There's a tiny ball inside the pot, what the heck is that thing called? Anyway, I shake it back and forth to mix the formula before use. Prior to applying the liner, I prep my eyes using Urban Decay Primer Potion (in Eden), then proceed with eye shadow, etc. With a steady hand guiding, the felt glides smoothly across the lid with solid pigment, requiring less than a minute to dry. The formula isn't waterproof, but won't smear/smudge (weather permitting) unless directly rubbed (I did this only to test durability). The longest I've attempted to wear this liner is 15 hours, without setting spray (New Years party). I've stored this product upright on a shelf and sideways in a makeup bag, neither methods cause the applicator to dry out. I don't apply liner 24/7, I would say 3 out of 7 days in a week. Regardless, this product seems to last an impressive amount of time. I purchased my current pot during Autumn of 2014--the liquid is still providing with ease. According to the Palladio website, they do not test on animals, and claim to produce "Botanical & Mineral Infused Cosmetics." If you care to research the ingredients of this liner, they are listed on their site as follows: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Oleyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Hectorite, Cellulose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Three issues: #1- I recently relocated, and I haven't found an online retailer that ships this item to the Balkan region of Europe. #2- Personally, I avoid wearing this product when I expect to perspire profusely. Depending on what type of climate you live in, during Summer months, setting spray will only do so much to extend the life of your makeup. #3- I have slightly sensitive eyes, and during my first application, I recall experiencing a burning/tingling sensation on my eyelid. Though concerning, the feeling didn't linger, so I decided to give it a second chance the following day. The previous sensation didn't occur and hasn't since. However, if you over apply in the inner corner of your eye, it may cause the liquid to bleed into your tear duct. If this happens to you, here's an alternative to flushing your entire eye out and starting over: Take a clean cotton swab, dampen one side with cold water, pinch out the excess. Gently place the dry end against your duct region to absorb the liner, following with the damp end to alleviate dryness. Repeat if necessary.

Overall, I believe it's a great affordable liner. May you apply your wings with the patience of 1,000 saints!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This liquid eyeliner is fantastic! I have the Emerald Isle and the Bronze. I find this liquid eyeliner easy to apply (which is kind of unusual for me)!

It dries pretty quickly and doesn't migrate - my eyelids have always been oily but that doesn't seem to affect this particular liner. (I do use some sort of primer - whatever is handy, but one of the best for oily lids is the Elizabeth Mott "Thank Me Later" which I recv'd as a sample. For me, it's better than Urban Decay or any of the others I've used.)

The 2 colors I have are beautiful - I'll definitely be re-purchasing!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I Looooveeeee this product I've been using it for a few years now. I have it in blue and black.
I am always doing cat eye makeup so it works perfectly for me especially that it stays on all day long (unless it gets wet) but it is amazing and if they ever discontinued it I seriously think I would cry lol. Five stars for me!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the product in black shimmer. I do like the color. The applicator is very easy to use. It has some staying power. After 10 hours, still on, and no rub off on my top eyelid. I gave this 1 rating because I cannot wear it because it burns my eyes. I thought it was me, but I tried it 3 times. Each time my eyes would burn.

I have used MAC black pencil eyeliner but it smudges a lot on my lower lid area so I tried the Palladio liquid eyeliner in black shimmer. The tip is flexible so I'm able to place the liquid in between the eyelash hairs of my upper eyelid. I usually do dotting at first in between lash hairs then try to smoothen the line. I avoid the waterline as much as possible to prevent smudging for the rest of the day. The trick for me since I have oily skin is to put powder particularly on the lower lid area to prevent the liner from spreading. I haven't encountered any burning or swelling with this product and I have been using it for a few years now. If you have trouble drawing a line using the tip, I recommend using a Qtip to "erase" the part that is uneven or use it to remove eyeliner near the waterline area.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I read all of the reviews on this product before I purchased it. They were all awful and made me feel unsure about it, but I bought it anyway. Now it's my favorite Palladio product. I bought it in Bronze expecting to find it too light, but it was actually more of darkish-medium golden brown which is extremely pretty! I'm extremely allergic to almost everything, (I have to get allergy shots and everything) but I didn't experience any itching or burning from this product. People said the felt tip was too hard, but the tip wasn't too hard or soft. It was easier to put on too. The tip was a little flexible, but it wouldn't hurt for it to be just a tiny bit more flexible. It does take it longer to dry, but you can open your eyes after a few seconds. I really wanted to give this product a 4.5 , so I just rounded it up to 5. This liquid eyeliner is amazing, and will definitely be buying this again, and in more colors.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is beyond my favorite eyeliner I've bought in awhile. I've used this for almost two years now, and really it takes the cake for me. I have to admit I'm a little biased, as I can't stand eyeliner that isn't liquid, but I can't see anyone hating this product. It's perfectly opaque, but honestly this can be a bad thing, considering you have to cover EVERY centimeter of your upper waterline or it'll look funky. It's pretty simple to apply, however it takes awhile to manipulate the felt tip to how you want it. I have two of these both in black, but I use my first brush as the newer brush is way too stiff to contour my eyeliner wings like I want too. By far this product is best used for Winged or Cat-eye eyeliner styles, and I wouldn't recommend using it for a basic waterline application as the liquid seeps into the eye and that can be quite horrendous. This product will last you all day and it's relatively easy to take off as opposed to other brands I've tried. This would be Five out of Five for me if it only didn't leak into eyes so easily, otherwise it's a must-have for those who love dramatic eyeliner.

I really wanted to love this eyeliner. I wanted a new liquid for personal use and I initially heard good things about this so I was excited to try.

After using this product on/off for a month or two now, my verdict is in. I hate it.

The pigmentation is average, the stay power is alright.... but my god, there is something in this product that causes my eyelids to burn like hell. At first I thought I needed to adjust to a new eyeliner, unti lI saw reviews that other people experienced the same thing. I kept using it to see if my adverse reaction would fade, but just today, I'm having this same issue! I don't understand what is in this product and it scares me off from using a lot of liquid eyeliners because I don't know what exactly it is in this product that causes such a harsh burn/sting.

Until Palladio decides to reformulate, this one purchase has completely turned me away from ever purchasing from this company. Just awful. I can't even imagine using on a client.

If you are looking for a cheap eyeliner that doesn't burn, try L'Oreal, I'm going back to it after this mess.