Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil (100% Pure Australian)

Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil (100% Pure Australian)
Tea Tree Oil (100% Pure Australian)

4.3

Not tested on animals

Tea Tree Oil (100% Pure Australian)

on 8/3/2016 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Stuff is B A N A N A S.
I'm always suspicious when it comes to organic treatment, expecially if they shout in your face "WE'RE ORGANIC AND YOU'RE A CORPORALIST BRO". 80% it's all lies lies lies. It kind of offends me, like if production companies think we're really that idiot. I just grab the item, read the ingredients, rock my years-long chemistry studies and decide what's good for me - as simply as that. I don't give a damn about claims. This way I solved my life long problem of extremely slow hair growth, and in 6 months I got my shoulder blade length hair back from the miserable, chin length Her Satanic Majesty The Evil Hairdresser sentenced me to wear - after paying an insane amount of money for useless products.
Same story for facial skincare. God knows how many frauds I got and how much my skin suffered from it. When things between my husband and me got serious, I moved to his place after years of distance relationship. Sadly he lives in a place where tap water is absolute trash, like, I'm among the lucky ones who's not terribly affected by it. Of course you can't drink it, and using it daily is quite adventorous. Sometimes I try to wash most delicate parts with bottled water but hey nobody has time for lifting that heavy bottle. So, I ended having the worst face skin of my life - I never had zits, whiteheads, acne, dryness, flakiness, name it, I never had it except some random teenage breakouts. In the last years, I stopped counting them! So, step by step, I'm trying to reappropriate of my best appearance, and learning skincare basics I really didn't need to rely on.
Fast forward, with the greatest horror, recently I got a brand new enemy: cystic acne. What the devilish obnoxious f**k. I didn't even recognize it as I never ever seen it before. It was right there, in the middle of my left cheek, and all under my jaw. I tried my best concealing it with tons of green concealer but that was just a temporary help. I made some hysterical research and found out that the little green bottle of organic tea tree oil I keep in my closet might help.
So, back to the organic stuff. As heavily chemical products damage what nature gave you, same goes for many self-proclaimed organic products. Only because it's organic and pure doesn't mean it's supposed to go on your face. Or the product you own has such a little quantity in it you better use fresh air for more effective results.
I knew tea tree oil had a fame for helping in healing blemishes, but all the ladies I've seen that tested it had a nice perfect skin from the beginning, so please don't feed me the Nutella overeating story - put that Nutella down and leave that oil alone, it's not the cure. But I was desperate, the biggest cyst was growing and the little ones hurt so bad (I still don't know what caused them). So, as I was already in a terrible condition, what could a drop of pure oil do to me? So I put a drop on each one of the blemishes. Every night. Two nights. THEY FADED AWAY LIKE A SANDCASTLE ON THE SEASHORE. My husband was like "Didn't you have an Arabian oil well company right on your face yesterday?" and was amazed by the results. Now I have just little red marks some aloe gel will cure fast as it usually does.
So, ladies and gents, please have yourself a bottle of tea tree oil, a little one is enough for a long time, and it costs less than a quarter of your self-proclaimed acne treatment facewash/pimple cream/hell creature on your sink. Or, if you trust a product so much you won't give up, mix some drop of tto. My skins gets crazy with every new product I try but this time I'm BLOWN.
Oh, I'm using the Naissance tto, which is a British based company specialised in essential organic oils. Got my bottle online for 7 euros free shipping. I also love the smell!

on 5/1/2016 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Cleared my skin significantly within a week when I mix it in my masks or moisturizers.

To Read all 263 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/12/2016 11:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Tea tree oil is the only thing that cleared up a nasty breakout along my jaw line. I tried everything for months. This cleared it up overnight!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Note: I have not specifically used Desert Essence's brand, but I have used Trader Joe's and CVS store brands that I could not tell the difference between.

When I used tea tree oil, I would put it on after my moisturizer and a layer of oil. Before the layer of oil had time to sink in I would tab a bit of tea tree oil on with a q-tip. I found it effective as a spot treatment for small pimples in that it would help them go away faster. The smell is herbal and medicinal, but does not linger past an hour on the skin (although I could sometimes smell the q-tip in the trash the day after).

It worked for several months, until it started irritating my skin. I think I may have developed a sensitivity to it because instead of helping pimples go away faster, it only made the surrounding skin around it redder.

Overall, I thought tea tree oil was a solid product when it worked for me and I find it unfortunate that I developed a sensitivity to it.

on 2/22/2015 4:53:00 PM

Small disclaimer: The tea tree oil I've been using is Origin brand (not to be confused with Origins) that I picked up from Target in the vitamin section a long time ago. I've been using this for about 5 years and am only half-way finished with the product, although I only use it sparingly for fear of reducing its effectiveness from using it too often. It says it's 100% pure Australian oil. And in case you're wondering, yes... my product is technically expired (using same bottle for 5 years) but even then I still found the product very effective FYI.

Skin background: I have combo-oily skin depending on the season that's quite sensitive and acne-prone. Despite having oily skin, my skin is also dehydrated. Most of my breakouts are hormonal and product-reactive, although I do have "random" small active breakouts.

I really like this product best as a way to spot treat active blemishes. I generally use this product less than once a week, depending on the severity of my current breakouts. I usually apply by wetting a Q-tip with water to prevent the Q-tip from absorbing too much, dipping into the bottle of oil, and then applying to my spots. If I am using this on wider areas of my face, I would dilute the oil separately with more water before applying with a cotton pad. Please start with a diluted solution before increasing the strength or trying to use it straight, because it could be very irritating. I found that this product very quickly mitigates the size of my pimples and the general condition of my breakouts. Pimples that already came to a head quickly dried out, and red bumps or inflamed skin has reduced and calmed down the next day. Since it is drying, make sure to keep your skin moisturized. I also like to use this to clean and sanitize my small toiletry tools (tweezers, clippers, etc.), and is great used as a natural deodorant to kill smelly bacteria.

Note it has a very strong medicinal scent. Since it's a natural scent and not added fragrance, I didn't mind it but if you are not a fan of strong, herbal eucalyptus-esque scents please beware. I'm not adverse to most "chemical" products, but I do enjoy the simplicity of natural products if they work. Even if it doesn't work out well for your face, I highly suggest trying it out as a natural deodorant alternative (I apply in the morning on top of coconut oil on days I'm not worried about sweating). I will say, please don't overuse this! Using too much (full strength) is extremely irritating, and I've noticed using it too often will reduce its effectiveness (or I could just be paranoid of created bacteria that will be resistant to the effects of tea tree oil). Hence, I only leave this for occasional use, alternating with benzoyl peroxide treatments when I have breakouts.

So far using it as infrequently as I do, it's still been a very effective product each time I've used it. Once I finally finish up this bottle, I'd like to try purchasing the Desert Essense brand. The bottle that I bought was about $10 and it's been well worth the price. I'll definitely repurchase tea tree oil and recommend it for anyone who is acne-prone, granted you are careful with its strength and frequency of use.

on 2/21/2015 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Tea tree oil has become a staple in my face routine. I have acne prone skin with hormonal breakouts, and tea tree oil has really helped those zits that wanted to become massive simmr down a little bit :)

on 2/20/2015 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have very dry, sensitive skin that is pretty much flawless however every now and then I do get the odd spot. This is my go-to to treat those little blemishes because it is the most effective thing I've come across. My dryness and sensitivity comes from chronic medical conditions so there's really no way to treat them but this doesn't irritate my skin at all. This is huge for me because when it comes to any sort of acne product it usually gives me a severe reaction. To find one this effective (and natural) is awesome for me. I would never use this as an all over toner as it would burn and dry out my skin like heck but as a spot/small area treatment, it is amazing. I also a drop of this in anti-itch lotion because I have gluten sensitivity and get a full body rash that is very itchy. That, along with my prescription steroid oil definitely help with the itching. I definitely recommend this as it is multi-purpose and super effective.

on 2/20/2015 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So I've struggled with mild acne basically my whole life. However, whenever I had those break outs I would treat then carefully and never ended up with scarring. My acne scar would usually fade after a couple days and never would see them again.
However, after using tea tree oil as a spot treatment since benzoyl peroxide was too strong for me, it has left me with the worst acne scars ever! I still have ones from when I first started using the tea tree oil months ago! Some of my acne scars have even became indented into my skin! I have never had acne scars indented into my skin in the past 8 years of having acne.
Please don't put 100% tea tree oil on your acne. It will leave it dark brown and leave you with really bad scarring.

on 9/9/2014 9:43:00 AM

I use Jason's pure teat tree oil and have been for a couple of months now. I use it for several things, mainly for face masks and after-shave. It's absolutely amazing and I don't know how I lived without tea tree oil before this!
For my face mask, I add in 3 drops of tea tree oil with my Aztec clay mask and ACV. It helps reduce the redness of my break outs and I feel like my existing pimples are always smaller the next day.
For after-shave, I just mix a few drops into my lotion and apply to my freshly shaven underarms and legs. I used to get bad razor burns/bumps on my upper thigh, but that has completely stopped since using tea tree oil with my lotion! It was a miracle.
If it's too harsh for your dry/normal skin face, definitely keep it around for the no razor burn benefits! I also am a part of the minority that enjoys the aroma. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Whenever I get the dreaded, inevitable (for me) "bump" on a healing ear cartilage piercing, I add a tiny drop of this to my regular sea salt soaks. It dries it up without fail within a week. Every. Time.

The smell is strong and noticeable, but this stuff is so magical that I don't even care. It doesn't stink or anything. It's just strong and distinct.

I do not ever use this on my face; it's too strong for my sensitive skin and turns it red.