68%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

This is one of the best lip balm I've tried in a while, and my lips stayed chap-free even in extremely dry cabin air. What's Good? 1. Lasting Moisture 2. Sheer and Natural Tint 3. Sun Protection of SPF 15 4. Great Trio Pack Combo What's Bad? 1. Waxy Smell 2. Easy Fading of Colors 3. Not Cheap Full review and swatch (of berry and blush colors) at http://bit.ly/2oeXUNY

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

frompnkct

3 years ago

Well it's not a bad moisturiser but to tell you the truth there are cheaper and better products out there.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I have just bought my second tube in no tint, and i must say there is a difference between the tint and no tint and the no tint one is WAY better. The no tint on really moisturises your lips and works as a great lipstick base too. I like that it glides on well, keeps lips moisturised, and doesn't leave you with a dry, dead-skin effect on the lips later on. Also, I like the scent that it has. The tinted ones smell the same and apply the same, but the aftereffect is different. For one, the colour is obviously different, and another thing is it also leaves me with the dry, dead-skin effect on lips later which i greatly dislike. So yay for the un-tinted one and nay for the tint.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

This is a review for the lip protectant stick and not just the normal 8 hour cream (which is in the images section for this product for some reason...) This is my go to lip balm. I put it on before bed in winter and I also wear it in the day time under lip colours. The texture is smooth without being sticky or cloying and it really sinks in. My issue with a lot of chapstick type options are that they are waxy but they don't hydrate so this one is perfect! In Australia, these cost $20 each which is a bit steep for a lip balm but I've been using mine all winter and it still hasn't been finished yet!

About reviewer (189 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

fromalh011

6 years ago

I used to use the 8 hour protectant as a lip balm many many years ago. I can't remember why I stopped using it. I think it ran out and I tried other 'fab' products but while wasting time in the duty free shop recently, while waiting for a flight I stumbled across a small tub the 8 hour cream lip protectant. My lips are incredibly dry, and are peeling, red, bleed often and look horrible. This made my lips feel better instantly, and made drastic improvements within 48 hour of using it. The only downside, it's expensive when compared to chemist lip balms and this one is in a tub so my fingers are left a little bit greasy but a small price to pay for the benefits of using this. A few people have commented on the smell, and don't like it. It does smell 'medicinal'-whatever that is but it's not too overpowering. I used to use Bepanthen on my lips and this has a similar feel to that, but with a stronger smell and more moisturising benefits. This isn't too shiny when applied, thankfully and while it doesn't last 8 hours it does last a long time. If you just want a lip balm for the sake of using a lip balm you'll probably be wasting your money but if your lips are in desperate need of moisture and nothing else is working then it's definitely worth trying this.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

6 years ago

Smells amazing but gets in your mouth and tastes soooooo gross- as a result I never use it!

About reviewer (78 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

7 years ago

My little sister and mom love this, but I'm allergic to it :( I know I'm allergic to several products, like the EOS lip balms too, but I have never reacted as bad to anything as I do to this - it gave me small wounds all over my lips that took about 1-2 weeks to go away :( I've tested it out about 6 times in the last 9 years, so I'm completely sure about my allergy to this. My sister sometimes get terribly dry lips in the winter, and I always buy her this to fix it, as it's the thing that works best for her.

About reviewer (566 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

Love this! I bought the 8-hour skin protectant first, and while that does a good job at keeping my lips moisturized, I find it awkward to carry around with me--plus it's *way* too easy to over-apply and then you are left with a bad taste. The lipstick TUBE however (which I am writing about here--I got it in 005 Berry tint) is wonderful!!! It's very convenient, has a cute little design (white tube with grey 8's all over it), is very moisturizing and long-lasting for a balm, and actually smells quite nice to me! It cost $20, which to me is not at all bad for a product that WORKS. And trust me...I suffer from chronically dry lips. I combine the tube treatment with exfoliation every 2-3 days using a mixture of brown sugar, honey and olive oil (scrub it on my lips and let it sit for about 2 minutes). Seems to be working great paired with this product...definitely will buy again, and possibly will get one in the no-tint version too for days I want to go natural! :o)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

7 years ago

Best lip balm in my opinion, it's very VERY moisturising (so much that after usage I always look like I just ate an extremely oily food or something). Well, the thing is I only use lip balms at night because I hate lip balms textures in general, and when I have really dry cracked lips, I will just apply this overnight with a lot of layers, and the next morning the dry skin will come off super easily, leaving a smooth plump puckers for the day!!!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

7 years ago

I've used a lot of lip balm in my life. Yes, this has a smell (it fades away), but it works. It works unlike any other lip balm I've tried. I've had 50 cent and $30 balms to compare it to. I have it in a 100th anniversary tin, but I guess it also comes in a stick form. You can also use the original 8 Hour Cream on your lips. It's very soft and smooth, and it instantly sinks into my lips without feeling too greasy. I apply it before my makeup routine or before bed. My lips stay soft, and other than the basic exfoliation, I never have to worry about them.

About reviewer (1598 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral