LUSH Veganese conditioner

LUSH Veganese conditioner

3.5

Lavender Flower Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Rosemary Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis), Agar Infusion (Gelidium cartilagineum), Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin), Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), *Citral, *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben

on 4/25/2016 4:53:00 PM

When I first bought this product i was unsure of it. When you put it on your hair it feels so light. I thought my hair would be so tangled, but it actually wasn't surprisingly. This condition leaves my hair soft, shiny, and frizz free. It smells like fresh squeezed lemons with a slightly tangy note. I absolutely love this scent. You only need to use a tiny amount as long as your hairs not super thick. I would say that I have normal hair and it works wonders. It's also Vegan!!! This will forever be my favorite condition Lush offers.

I really like veganese because it makes your hair smooth but it makes it frizzy as well. It has an interesting smell to it that lingers in your hair, I wouldn't buy it again but I would recommend trying it!
Also when using it use it in large portions not little squirts like the workers say.

To Read all 153 Reviews, Login or Join

Before I lost my hair (damn chemo) this was my go to conditioner. I had medium length, blonde fine hair and this made it so impossibly shiny and soft and lemon scented. It can take a bit of getting used to, and LUSH conditioners definitely aren't something you can slosh on and rip your comb right through after, you ~need~ to let your hair dry first. My only issue with it was that after a long stretch using it, my hair would turn quite yellow, almost identical to the colour of the conditioner. This drove me nuts, but nothing some toning shampoo and conditioner cant fix.
Definitely try

I love Lush. I am always willing to try new products from them but I wish the SA told me that this conditioner was for fair hair. I just walked in asking for conditioner that would help my hair. She said this one would help it feel nice and light.

I have headaches from trying to comb out the tangled mess this conditioner has done to my hair. It makes it feel like straw and I have to pick through the matting.

I would not recommend this conditioner to anyone who is looking to have their hair detangle with the use of conditioner.

on 11/22/2015 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This stuff is amazing! I have short wavy hair and it feels light but also moisturizing! It smells so good! I really have nothing negative to say about this product! My husband loves it too! My hair and scalp have been really healthy while I've been using this too, as I used to suffer from flakey scalp patches from time to time

on 5/2/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very, very light conditioner. I have fine/thin wavy hair, with really thirsty ends, and this conditioner does not moisturize my lengths enough (on its own). I only use this after i've used a really heavy and deep-conditioning treatment and a moisturizing schampoo.
Or I use it as a leave-in conditioner; I take a pea-sized amount and apply it however I see fit.

Pros:
- does not weight down my hair, volume is preserved
- perfect for co-washing your scalp
- works as a leave-in

Cons:
- Not heavy enough to moisturize my lengths + ends on its own, (for that I use Retread+ American cream, both from LUSH)

on 4/14/2015 5:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I used to use this but haven't in quite a while. I like Lush's shampoos and conditioners but I find them very expensive for how long they last (it's not long). This conditioner I didn't find as moisturizing as Retread but it feels more like a regular conditioner when you are using it. It has that same slip and softness in the shower that you'd find with a regular conditioner but once your hair is dry it's not as soft. Retread feels like it's doing nothing in the shower and when your hair is dried it's super soft and moisturized. I would recommend this if you have normal hair, not super dry and damaged. Scent is nice, better than Retread not as nice as American Cream (which didn't work for me at all). Might repurchase at some point. Put as a yes.

on 9/13/2014 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have coarse dry, black, slightly curly long hair that tends to be difficult to manage, don't have split ends but the ends can tangle up quite easily. I used to pick up very rich and moisturizing conditioners for permed and dyed hair, yes, they generally can do the job right, but dislike the very artificially smoothness and silkiness that left on my hair, my scalp felt suffocated, and my hair seemed to get dirty and greasy very quickly, that's something I'd hate to have during hot hot summer days.

Last month I walked by Lush and being attracted by the rich aroma, I decided to take a look. I asked for a light but moisturizing, the SA showed Veganese to me. I got a bottle of 500ml, together with a bottle of Cynthia, 500 ml.

I would call this a very hydrating conditioner, instead of "moisturing". This is light, lemony and subduedly herbal. I paired it up with my soapberry shampoo as well as Cynthia, both work out great. It seems to soften my hair quite a bit, gives it a natural shine and incredibly soft and smooth, not heavy or greasy. The scent is very uplifting, citrus might not be my favorite scent, but definitely makes me happy. I don't put it on my scalp, although you can apply on the scalp with this one. The only "complaint" is it's a slightly bit runny, but I won't call it a problem.

I presume 1 bottle of 500ml can last me 2 months with daily wash. It's on the expensive side, but when you do the math, doesn't seem too bad, considering I have very thick, long hair that's nearly reaching my waist, I probably consume it more than most people do.

Nearly half of a bottle is gone, I'm very happy with the quality, I will repurchase it again. :)

on 6/26/2014 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Veganese is a fairly standard, lightweight conditioner. It was pretty good on my pre-bleached hair but I now use a stronger conditioner (Lush American Cream) to deal with the damage to my hair.
It smells really nice and is vegan, if that's your thing. It's also expensive as all Lush products are, but lasts a while if you don't use it every day.

on 5/27/2014 12:01:00 AM

Got a sample of this. It smells okay, kinds like vanilla and is kinda watery. works okay on my fine straight hair, but it is not a "heavy-duty" conditioner if that is what you're looking for. Would not repurchase.