Nivea Refreshing Toner

Nivea Refreshing Toner
Refreshing TonerRefreshing Toner

3.2

Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Nelumbium Speciosum Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Geraniol, Limonene, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Parfum

on 1/23/2017 10:15:00 AM

The smell of this is way too strong for a toner and it makes me wanna puke! Maybe could've gotten over that if my skin wasn't sensitive BUT I break out from this like crazy. Only 2-3 hours after I used it, there were bumps all over my cheeks! A huge disappointment, sadly.

I use this to take of the cleansing Milk from Nivea. It does a good job taking of the last makeup residue and leaves a fresh and dewy feeling. It doesn't leave any dry patches nor does it give my acne. So overal this is a nice basic toner, a staple to me!

on 4/8/2016 12:57:00 AM

I have dry and sensitive skin but do breakout and I use this morning and night and love how refreshing it is I have been using it for a year now and love it and gone through two bottles now and I even keep a bottle in my professional makeup kit as I am a makeup artist

on 1/17/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros:
- see-through packaging
- dispensing hole isn't too big
- nice smell
- cheap
- dries quick
- could see that it was doing its job (my cotton pad left me a nice visual of what wasn't cleansed off)

Cons:
- slightly drying (alcohol in there, most likely)
- my cotton pad was either too wet or not wet enough (i felt like i was either not rubbing anything on my face, or rubbing a damp cotton pad that left my face looking like i just spashed it with water, there was no in-between)

At the end, I wouldn't buy it again even if it's cheap, simply because I prefer not applying anything to my skin than applying bad things.

on 4/4/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I love nivea and their products especially this one. This toner is very refreshing and although I have oily skin, it still works wonder for me! I use this everyday in the morning before using my moisturizer and everynight before applying my night treatment. I ran out of this toner sooooo quickly thank god that it is affordable and easy to find. I ended up buying the nivea cleansing milk to be paired with this toner while removing my makeup. But it also works just fine when used to remove makeup on its own. I'm already on my third bottle now and I'll be repurchasing this one forever.

on 3/29/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product didn't irritate me, but i do not think it did much.

on 2/6/2014 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

No! I really wanted to like this toner, because Im completely in love with Nivea Soft moisturizer and Nivea lip butter, but this product is wayyyy too fragranced and I just cant stand that.

I applied the toner with a cotton pad and it actually felt good! Despite the alcohol denat my skin did not feel too tight or dry. It felt very refreshing and calming. I also liked the fragrance, at first. Nice, a bit powdery but not overwhelming. Then I put on my usual Nivea Soft moisturizer, but the smell of this toner still lingered around. Well, six hours later (at 3am) I finally could not take it anymore. I could not sleep because of the horrible smell, and I had to was my face three times before I could get rid of it. After that I peacefully fell asleep. Even the most nicest fragrance becomes horrible if it does not fade away.

All in all, the product seems to be ok, despite the fact it contains alcohol (I can not usually use products that contain alcohol, they dry my skin out) but not for me. I am not very sensitive with fragrances, I actually like many supersuper fragranced products (for example Tigi, Elizabeth Arden Eight hour cream etc). This one is just too much for me.

This toner was very soothing and refreshing on my skin. I love the light and signature Nivea scent ... could not stop smelling this for a while lol! It closed up my pores and there was no stinging. My face did not feel tight afterwards. It did not dry out my combination skin at all, despite alcohol being listed as one of the ingredients. For the low price, I feel this toner did its job and I will definitely repurchase it.

on 9/16/2013 6:15:00 AM

great toner for my skin type - dry/normal combi. It didnt leave my face feeling oily (like the other reviewers), but tight and clean, which makes it easy to lather on the moisturizer after :) great product, i always trust my skin with nivea. if you have oily skin, try neutrogena, nivea works better to normal to dry skin types.

on 7/11/2013 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great toner however isn't as good as a witch hazel toner. It is however really moisturising and works just fine. As far as toners go you shouldn't go for stuff which contain alcohol and it does in this one if you read the back. But really it functions just as well and it is a nice toner