MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base in Improper Copper

MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base in Improper Copper

4.2

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this last summer as a MAC artist used it on me during a makeover. When she applied it of course it looked absolutely beautiful but when I tried to duplicate it myself...no luck whatsoever. I failed to realize that she applied with her fingers versus a brush....fingers are ideal since this is on the dry side and you can build it up without going into disco overload. This color is subtle and does not translate greasy/oil slick which on my oily/aging skin is very important. It has a nice coppery glow that gives a nice shimmery look and not a glitter. I apply this along my cheekbones, bridge of nose and brow bone after foundation application. The wear time isn't an all day event so don't expect it to last 12 hours. I plan on investigating other shades within the line because I'm that happy with it. For reference I'm nc45 range in MAC.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I liked the colour of this, but I find it a bit too dry for a cream highlighter. I have to really rub my finger in this to get any payoff, however less is more and the highlight looks really subtle and pretty. I wouldn't repurchase though because the dry formula annoys me!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I use this as a highlighter on my cheek bones, forehead, and down the bridge of my nose. It gives my golden brown face a dewy finish. It's a pretty coppery/golden color. The sales associates at the Origins counter asked me what I was wearing, because I had such a nice glow to me. I now carry this in my makeup bag everywhere I go.

on 2/24/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think this product is okay..i would never repurchase

Pros:
- Great for NC40 Skin
- Highlighter
- Soft and non glittery
- smooth
- Doesn't wear off

Cons:
- Not a lot of Payoff
- Color should be a bit more golden, less coppery but i cant really say anything because it is called Improper Copper.
- Hard to melt

Tip: Use a blow dryer to melt the product a bit and then use a brush to apply it, its going to be a lot smoother.

Update: I returned this guys, and bought lustre drops instead

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This color cream base is excellent when I use it has an highlighter. It doesn't last the whole day.. But when I add primer/concealer it last longer.

I use this as a bronzer on cheeks and on my lips, its a great color that looks better on, than in the pan

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Do not like! Too oily and clogs my pores. I used this as a cheek color in the summer, for a "glow effect. However it seems to always clog my pores. I guess it can be used as a base for the eye, I just feel that its too oily for that purpose on my combo skin. B2M semi-full =(

on 1/18/2010 10:04:00 PM

LOVE this product! I was in search for a good cream highlighter because I don't like to use powder highlighters because sometimes I feel as if it looks too sparkly and cakey. This product I think can work for any skintone. It really is a beautiful bronzey highlight. Go get it!

on 12/17/2009 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS, I actually just purchased two of them. I went to three MAC stores and they were sold out. I normally wear Pinch Me MAC blush and then I just put a little of this cream blush on the tips of my cheek bones. It looks really nice and dewy. I was always looking for something to give me a nice dewey glow that you see on all the stars. I LOVE IT.

on 10/11/2009 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this several years ago for my wedding to give me a nice summer glow. It's sad that I haven't used it much since because I have other products that I prefer over this one. However, there isn't another product that I've found that gives such a fine bronzy beautiful sheen. The only downside is that it doesn't show up enough for me to use it as a blush, and I prefer a pressed powder for my bronzer because it seems hard to use this cream as a bronzer. Although this is a nice color and product, I just wouldn't buy it again because it doesn't show up that much and is kind of an afterthought to my makeup routine that I usually forget....which is why it's still almost unused after several years! However, at another reviewers suggestion, i tried it over my paintpot and it looks pretty cool. I might start using it on my eyes now.

Popular Blush Products