Laura Mercier Beige

No Image

4.2

I was deciding between the LM translucent loose powder and this. I was trying to avoid that white cast that translucent powder can sometimes give you so decided a beige powder should do the trick! However, I still think that this makes my face slightly lighter upon application. For reference, I am an NC37/40. But this does last all day (i put it on around 8:30am and its still there by say 8pm) and feels luxuriously soft on the skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have really oily skin and this is the first foundation that doesnt wear off by the end of the night... It lasts sooo long and looks so great, and it has great coverage to completely cover my acne... It's a little expensive but DEFINATLy worth it!!!

on 10/13/2007 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great product because its finely milled and gives great coverage. My forehead stays shine-free the entire day. The packaging is nothing too fancy. I haven't tried it with a puff, only brush and I was quite pleased with the results - very natural (though according to the SA using a puff would give a more refined/porcelain look). The beige powder looks a lot darker than what's shown on the LM website though, and the packaging is nothing fancy. Would repurchase this only if I'm unable to get my beloved YSL Poudre Sur Mesure. RM159 for 1 oz is pretty standard for loose powders from the departmental store.

OMG!!! I know I sound like a broken record, but this is seriously the best loose powder (and I thought my journey ended with YSL poudre mesure)! Its so soft and finely milled that it simply melts into your skin for that seamlessly beautiful finish. I use it over my LM TM (Nude) and DuWop Revolotion (Nanci) and its absolutely divine (I've yet to try it over my Chanel Teint Innocence). Even just patting it in over your regular primer is good enough and the best thing is that you cannot see the powder at all. It just blends in so well and keeps my makeup staying morning-fresh all through the day. You do have to use a puff to apply it, any puff will do but the LM velour puff is the best at picking up and working the powder into your skin (mind you, you have to really work it in, otherwise the powder will sit on the surface of your makeup and oxidise during the day). HG all the way! EDIT1: I puffed this on top of my Chanel Teint Innocene Fluide and its DIVINE!!! My skin has never felt so baby soft! EDIT2 1 lippie off cause beige is too dark. So its not my powder oxidising - its my powder that's too dark. Will buy again in translucent (no colour matchimg problems there!)

on 5/27/2007 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The best loose powder I've ever tried (from dept stores to drug stores). Quite pricey but worth to try. I have oily skin and it makes my face matte and flawless. Beige matches perfectly with my medium tone Asian skin. I use this powder over sunscreen or tinted sunscreen. I usually look ugly from the elevator's mirror (dusty) whenever I use subway but look flawless on that mirror too :)

A word of caution: I purchased mine from Nordstrom at Tyson Corner in Virgina. I went there during my lunch break and when I opened my pot at my desk, it was not brand new; unsealed. Can't believe Nordstrom sells such used pot!! Had to go there and got exchange with a sealed pot. I paid 1oz pot for $33 and use with Essence of Beauty powder brush (blonde). See good reviews for that EOB brushes here at MUA.

7/16/07 UPDATE: Still love this powder. I also tried Elizabeth Arden, MUFE Matte, and Estee Lauder So Ingenious loose powder and this is the best. I even look great with this powder in the dirty mirror of elevator in the metro/subway :)

on 4/6/2008 12:54:00 PM

This is the first loose powder I have ever used, and I really like it. Like other reviewers have said, the powder is very fine and it just disappears onto my skin. I bought this powder in beige, but I might get ivory or translucent next time, because I'm finding that beige is just a bit too dark for my winter-time pale skin. It's a little pricey, but it's been six months since I purchased this powder and the container is only half-empty. The SA tried to push a powder puff on me, but I declined, and I've found that a regular powder brush works just fine.

i was gonna get ivory but then somehow i let the SA talk me into buying the beige one. turned out its too dark for my LLL asian skin. im very disappointed with the color selection of the LM loose powder. the ivory one is way too light whereas the beige one is too dark for most LLL skin. texture wise, its a pretty good powder cos the powder goes invisible once being applied. anyways, i will have to try Chanel since it has a more decent color selection. i love the texture of Shiseido's Enriched Loose Powder though but i just cant pull off translucent powder. urgh. too bad ='(

on 7/8/2006 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for about two weeks and so far am VERY happy with the results. Super fine powder looks flawless, never cakey. Maintains well against high humidity, so far, so good . . .

on 9/22/2006 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this loose powder as the finish is beautiful, a little goes a long way (it lasts forever), and it provides good oil control! It looks great with the LM oil-free foundation I use in Suntan beige. Although the SAs try to push the translucent loose powder on me, the beige works a lot better on my tan, East Indian skin. The translucent still leaves a slight "ghost" effect and lightens up my face too much (see my review under the translucent loose powder listing) while the beige is a perfect match. I wish she also made it in a pressed formula as the translucent pressed doesn't work well for me (lightens me up too much). I think this is one of the best loose powders out there and highly recommend it!

on 11/3/2004 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had a bizzare experience buying this powder. I first went to Nordstrom but they were out. I then went to Saks but they were also out. I stopped by Sephora before I finally went to Neiman Marcus. By the time I made it to Neiman's, my 2-year old son was already bored and started throwing tantrums. Fortunately, there was one box left. However, when I was about to pay using Mastercard, the stern-face SA told me in such a snooty way, "we only accept American Express, nothing else." At this point, I was confused and panicky since my son started crying, trying to get off his stroller. Thanks God I had $35 in my wallet! While waiting for my change, I let out a big sigh and a HMPF! because of all the aggravation, discreetly. :) And so I thought ... the SA heard it and apologized. I'm glad she did, otherwise, LM's loose powder in Beige would have been an "ugly" buying experience. Now, on to the powder .. :) It feels silky on the skin. Very subtle. Doesn't make my face ghostly looking. I'm FFF/MMM and used to wear Clinique loose powder in Transparency 2 and I thought it makes my face look ghostly white. I think the canister will last me 6 mos. or so. Next time, I'll buy it online. Definitely not from NM. I will never buy anything from that store again. I usually buy cosmetics from Sephora and their SA's are more customer-oriented and helpful. Overall, I'm pleased with this product.