2.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

smells gorgeous but thats the only good thing about it. i used this when i had the worst acne ever and it didnt help one bit, i fell into the hype not realising all these celebs are paid to false advertise. false adveritsing is clearly how they're still a functioning brand otherwise no one would buy this trash. too many steps also

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I started on Proactiv many years ago to see what all the hype was about. Prior to using this product, my skin was absolutely flawless. As a prevention measure, I wanted to add this to my skincare routine that prior to this, was kind of non-existant. While using this product, my face looked and felt great, no issues. After stopping using this system, since it was so annoying to have to continue to order the same products, or run to a mall location that sold the products, my skin completely turned around. Horrifying pimples all over my face. Hormonal acne, and since it has never been the same. I would highly not suggest to purchase this product, and instead see a dermatologist and spend your money wisely.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I've had very good luck with the regular Proactiv 3-Step System. I started using it in June of 2015, and it completely cleared my acne within 5 to 6 weeks. I use all three steps at night plus a light moisturizer. I only use the cleanser and toner in the morning along with a sunscreen. Sometimes I will spot treat with the repairing lotion in the morning, but I don't do an entire application to my whole face. I tried using the whole system twice a day, but it made me too dry. The dryness subsided once I switched to a once-a-day treatment. I also experienced some itching in the beginning, but eventually that went away too. I like to alternate the Proactiv Renewing cleanser with PanOxyl 4% Creamy Wash, because I seem to go through the cleanser quicker than the other steps in the system. Sometimes I take a break from the system altogether, but I quickly jump back on again if I start to break out. Usually small breakouts are flattened within a few days. Initially, I bought my kits at a mall kiosk to avoid club memberships and unauthorized credit card charges. Eventually, I found the cheapest way to buy it was from walmart.com, which sells a 60 day supply for about $45.00 dollars. I've also tried Ebay with varying success. I want to stress purchasing the regular Proactiv versus the Proactiv Plus. I tried the Plus and it was nowhere near as good as the original system. Also remember to use sunscreen, because the benzoyl peroxide will make you extra sensitive to the sun. I happen to really love Proactiv's Oil Free Moisture SPF 15. It's really light. Olay Complete SPF 15 for Sensitive Skin is good too.

About reviewer (533 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I used this for more than a year n it did not improve my acne at all. It my skin much more oily and patchy. It was waste of my money. Not worth it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

4 years ago

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. At the height of my acne in my teens, this stuff saved my skin. Nothing worked until this system! It got rid of approx 90% of my acne. Now, onto the bad. It's really really drying. If you use it daily, you can actually see new lines forming because of how drying it is - even with moisturiser. Also, I need to cycle the benzyl peroxide. If I use it continuously, after a period of time it stops being effective. So if I use it after a few months of stopping, it works again. The cleanser has these beads. Skin feels smooth and clean. The toner is nice but nothing special. However, I do find it interesting that it always appears to grab extra dirt - vs my SKII toner which always leaves a clean cotton pad. The repair lotion is soft, smooth and absorbs well. I love the repair lotion. It's also a bit pricey. I love the repair lotion - I bought separate benzyl peroxide in different percentages, but for some reason it doesn't work as well as this repair lotion. When I break out, if I do use this system, I tend to apply the lotion as a spot treatment only. Would I use it again? Yes, but it wouldn't be the first thing I reached out for. Would I recommend it? Yes, but I would advise to use with caution.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

4 years ago

Very mixed feelings about this stuff! After a month of using my acne was 95% gone- which of course was great! However, I found these products way too harsh for my skin. The chemicals in Proactiv are lethal. I also ended up with bleached towels... this is partly my own fault for not washing my hands properly, but if it bleaches towels imagine what it's doing to your skin! I stick to my Clearasil spot treatment now :)

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

2.0

4 years ago

This just didn't work for me. It felt harsh and drying so my skin was irritated as well as broken out. Bleached my wash cloths and towels too because of the benzoyl peroxide I guess, although I've never had problems with other products containing that ingredient. The only thing I liked in the entire Proactiv line was the sulfur mask - sulfur works well for me and their mask's consistency is light and almost whipped. I had great success with Makeup Artist's Choice peels, and they are so much more affordable.

About reviewer (312 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

Very disappointed in this product. It dried my skin out and bleached my towels and sheets within a few days! I honestly can't believe this brand is so well known and endorsed by celebrities when it can do this to your skin. The only plus was the money back guarantee, which I took full advantage of and returned my products. To anyone thinking of trying proactive-don't waste your time or money.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesOther

4 years ago

I have to stick up for Proactiv because it's literally the only system that's ever worked for me. I have acne prone, sensitive, easily clog prone, oily t zone but very dry cheeks type of skin. I started using Proactiv when I was 16, my skin became clear and nice and every time I've tried something else, from drugstore, health food store, department store to dermatologist prescribed, has not worked as well as this had. In the winter I get very dry all over so I just stick to Step 1 and 2 and reserve 3 for once a week or so and during summer Step 3 only at night. Also, sunscreen is important when using this. Tip: the Walgreens knock off is $12 and works just as well, the cleanser is more like the original too. I highly recommend this for people with skin issues like mine.

About reviewer (191 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

The worst!!! Made my skin so irritated, red and flaky. I feel like I got conned at the mall when the lady promised me it would help my skin. My skin looked like I was permanently sunburned. It didn't feel good on my face either and I paid upwards of 60 bucks!!!

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age25-29