Pro Activ 3-Step System

Pro Activ 3-Step System

2.6

on 8/5/2016 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. At the height of my acne in my teens, this stuff saved my skin. Nothing worked until this system! It got rid of approx 90% of my acne.

Now, onto the bad.

It's really really drying. If you use it daily, you can actually see new lines forming because of how drying it is - even with moisturiser. Also, I need to cycle the benzyl peroxide. If I use it continuously, after a period of time it stops being effective. So if I use it after a few months of stopping, it works again.

The cleanser has these beads. Skin feels smooth and clean. The toner is nice but nothing special. However, I do find it interesting that it always appears to grab extra dirt - vs my SKII toner which always leaves a clean cotton pad. The repair lotion is soft, smooth and absorbs well. I love the repair lotion.

It's also a bit pricey. I love the repair lotion - I bought separate benzyl peroxide in different percentages, but for some reason it doesn't work as well as this repair lotion. When I break out, if I do use this system, I tend to apply the lotion as a spot treatment only.

Would I use it again? Yes, but it wouldn't be the first thing I reached out for. Would I recommend it? Yes, but I would advise to use with caution.

on 6/29/2016 6:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Very mixed feelings about this stuff! After a month of using my acne was 95% gone- which of course was great! However, I found these products way too harsh for my skin. The chemicals in Proactiv are lethal. I also ended up with bleached towels... this is partly my own fault for not washing my hands properly, but if it bleaches towels imagine what it's doing to your skin! I stick to my Clearasil spot treatment now :)

To Read all 3430 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/17/2016 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This just didn't work for me. It felt harsh and drying so my skin was irritated as well as broken out. Bleached my wash cloths and towels too because of the benzoyl peroxide I guess, although I've never had problems with other products containing that ingredient.

The only thing I liked in the entire Proactiv line was the sulfur mask - sulfur works well for me and their mask's consistency is light and almost whipped.

I had great success with Makeup Artist's Choice peels, and they are so much more affordable.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Very disappointed in this product. It dried my skin out and bleached my towels and sheets within a few days! I honestly can't believe this brand is so well known and endorsed by celebrities when it can do this to your skin. The only plus was the money back guarantee, which I took full advantage of and returned my products. To anyone thinking of trying proactive-don't waste your time or money.

I have to stick up for Proactiv because it's literally the only system that's ever worked for me. I have acne prone, sensitive, easily clog prone, oily t zone but very dry cheeks type of skin.

I started using Proactiv when I was 16, my skin became clear and nice and every time I've tried something else, from drugstore, health food store, department store to dermatologist prescribed, has not worked as well as this had.

In the winter I get very dry all over so I just stick to Step 1 and 2 and reserve 3 for once a week or so and during summer Step 3 only at night. Also, sunscreen is important when using this.

Tip: the Walgreens knock off is $12 and works just as well, the cleanser is more like the original too.

I highly recommend this for people with skin issues like mine.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The worst!!! Made my skin so irritated, red and flaky. I feel like I got conned at the mall when the lady promised me it would help my skin. My skin looked like I was permanently sunburned. It didn't feel good on my face either and I paid upwards of 60 bucks!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolute garbage. Irritated the hell out of my face. My face felt like it was burning, was red, itchy. I HATED proactiv. Jessica Simpson, you owe me 40 dollars for promoting such a junk product to me.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This used to be a stable then I found much better. I prefer peter thomas roth way way more than proactive. The 3 steps can be very irritating on the face and can really dry out my skin.

This did nothing for my skin but what concerned my more was it bleached my towels and wash clothes. I would not reccommend this product.

on 4/14/2016 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worst thing I have ever used on my skin, I used it for 8 months and it did nothing for acne except make it stand out more as it had a bleaching effect in my face.. I got asked by people everyday if I was sick as it made my skin so pale. It also drys out your skin so much I naturally have fairly dry skin but my skin was just overly dry yet it made my skin oily and shiny at the same time which was weird cause I've never had a problem with oily skin. My acne on my face didn't clear at all just became more visible and my scars got worse.

Popular Face Skincare Products