Clarins Thirst Quenching Hydra-Balance Serum

Clarins Thirst Quenching Hydra-Balance Serum
Clarins Hydra Quench Intensive Serum

Aqua, Glycerin, Squalane, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Sodium PCA, Dipropylene Glycol, Algae, Pinus Sylvestris, Propylene Glycol, Cereus Grandiflorus, Phaseolus Lunatus, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Butylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Parfum, Triethanolamine, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Tecoma Curialis, Polyacrylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Sodium Polyacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methlyparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, CI 42090.

I am really neither here or there with this product. I don't love it because I don't think it really does a whole lot to moisturize my skin, and while it is liquid like water, it doesn't quite have the same slippery texture that water does. It has this rather viscous/tacky consistency that makes it feel a little grainy against the skin. However, I don't hate it because at leas it doesn't irritate my skin, make it break-out, or leave it excessively oily. As for effectiveness, I started using this around late fall-early winter (September/October). I used this every other morning, sometime everyday. It is early March, and I don't think it has done much for moisturizing or thirst quenching. My skin - because of the drying heat - feels parched/dehydrated. This is a fail in my books as it did nothing to combat this. I don't plan on buying this again, because the price just doesn't justify the results. Even if it were priced lower, I still may not buy it, because I think there might be better working products out there (even drugstore or street brands). I am not a fan of the glass bottles, as it can easily topple over and break. Plus, the pump sticks a little; sometimes I have to press hard, or press several times, and product just squirts out everywhere. ARGH. :{ Except for the soothing eye mask, I am beginning to fall-out of love with Clarins skincare products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Can I say something bad about it? It's the worst face serum that I ever tried!
Pros:
- didn't broke out my sensitive very skin (brake outs are very personal matter)
Cons:
- it doesn't get absorbed
- it stays as thick heavy oily layer on top of my skin
- it doesn't get along with any other products (even Clarins ones), it doesn't let them to be absorbed by my skin either
- it badly messes with my makeup
- it doesn't deliver any benefits (I guess again because my skin can't absorb it)

I absolutely hated this product. I have combination (normal and oily), sensitive and severely dehydrated skin. This serum did nothing for me! This serum caused me to break out horribly and I will never use it again. I returned it to the store and they sent me home with other Clarins Samples. The samples they sent me home with also caused my skin to break out. I will not go near Clarins products with a ten foot poll after these horrible experiences.

The acne wasn't even a normal pimple. It caused me to get cystic acne on my chin!

Stay away!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was on special at my local chemist for $10 AUD so I thought, why not?! So glad I did. It's such a beautiful consistency (don't forget you need to shake it!) I only use it around my eyes as I'm not game enough to apply it to my extremely acne prone skin. It's gotten rid of my dark under eye circles- which nothing ever has! And most of my fine lines. I absolutely love it. All you young ladies need to buy this!

on 11/24/2011 8:10:00 PM

The hydraquench line from Clarins is a staple for me. It really hydrates my skin and makes it softer, smoother and it looks healthy. When I go off it my skin doesn't look as radiant.

I use the hydraquench cream, the balm and the mask on occasion. I love the balm the most followed with the cream for daily use. I use the mask when I want to indulge myself but I dont need it as often when I use the balm and the other two.

The serum in particular has an amazing effect on my skin, it looks smoother and the area around my eyes looks much better.

on 10/21/2011 9:53:00 PM

I wish I could use it. But I cannot. It causes breakout. Smells nice though

on 6/9/2011 9:53:00 AM

I've never been compelled to write a review on any products... Until now. I've been using this serum for about two years. I'm not sure how I came to start using it (probably read a glowing review), but I'm so glad I gave this a try. My skin's persnickety. Quite dry, but gets oily mid-day. I rarely break out into full-forced pimples, but when my skin is irritated I can feel little bumps beneath the surface of my skin (although generally they aren't visible).

This is the only thing out there that keeps my skin happy. I am a die-hard Clarins fan and use the Clarins eye gel, milk cleanser, beauty balm, and the active day and night creams. About four months ago, I ran out of my beloved serum and, wanting to cut my spending on beauty products and thinking I could do without the serum given the warmer temperatures coming with spring, I did not get a replacement bottle. Things were fine for about a week, but then my skin started to feel super dry, in spite of my day cream. Oddly enough, it was my nose that felt the driest. The skin felt rough and no amount of exfoliating and moisturizing with cream would help it. My cream moisturizers seemed to sit on the surface, creating an oily mess. When I'd had the serum, the creams I applied after the serum seemed to sink in nicely.

I finally bought a replacement bottle several days ago. My wallet's a bit lighter (the serum is $58 per bottle, lasts me about three months), but my skin's much happier, and I intend to keep it that way.

If I could only pick one skin care product to use (aside from my sunscreen), it would definitely be this.

on 1/27/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this in a swap and I love it! My skin has been so dry, and this is one of the few things that has really helped me. I'll need to go to Clarins soon and check out some stuff from from this line...
Would def. go buy, although I'm pretty sure it would hurt my wallet!

on 1/13/2011 12:35:00 PM

I like the packaging, at lease I can see how much it left.

It's hydrating.

will not buy again for no reason.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like what I usually write on eBay feedback: product as described. Will buy again. I feel that it is a mixture of oil and rosewater, but the professionals at Clarins mix it better than I can at home. It moisturizes without irritating my chemically sensitive skin (Clains is an excellent line for sensitive skin).