MAC Cosmetics Brow Set in Sophisticated

No Image

4.3

I wish that MAC would release this color again. I just ran out and now I had to get girl boy which is more red toned not blonde. But this brow gel is by far my favorite!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Curse you, MAC!! Curse you, Makeup-Gods!!! How dare you fail to support this color?

This was the perfect brow product for me. Worked with my coloring, went on in a flash & gave me grown-up eyebrows that I could raise in surprise, arch questioningly, furrow in thought and all the other things that eyebrows can express.

I tried both Girl Boy & Beguile, and both of them look falsely weird on me. I tried to pretend that Girl Boy didn't look that bad - just, ah, different - until a six year old I know asked me why my eyebrows were a funny color. Game over, Girl Boy! To the back of the makeup drawer for you!

As a strawberry blonde with very pale skin, finding eyebrow products that work with my coloring is darn near impossible. My eyebrows are the same color as my skin. The pencils that work so well for people with dark hair look absurd on me and my strawberry kin. Pencil-type-products mostly color the skin underneath the eyebrows while leaving the eyebrow hair just as pale as it was . Think badly sunburned blonde lifeguard. It is a look, but not a natural look.

So I need something that colors the actual eyebrow hair. And doesn't look too red, too dark, too Groucho, too wrong, too "why are your eyebrows are a funny color?" Benefit's Brow Zings in Light are great, but I need to have the time to apply it correctly. I actually brought my tube of Sophisticated into Sephora & comparison tested it with every other brow-gel-mascara in the store. MUFE's Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector in 00 Light Blonde was the only one that came close - unfortunately the application is not mascara-EZ. It comes in a wee little tube & must be applied with a brush. Not to mention patience, a steady hand and decent light.

Like lots of people, I have 2 makeup routines: the full-on and the flash. The full-on involves the whole ritual: primer, concealer, multiple colors of carefully blended eyeshadow, lip pencil, powder set finish, etc. - probably 30 minutes. Brow Zings are part of the full-on routine. The Brow Set in Sophisticated was part of my flash routine: Brow Set, mascara, lip gloss & done in the 3 minutes. I can do the flash anywhere - even the back of a moving taxi when I am running late to meet someone after work.

I have the teeniest bit of Sophisticated left in the tube - hopefully it lasts until I can find another in the dark corners of the internet. Or maybe MAC will have the good sense to bring Sophisticated back from the dead.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a perfect beige-blonde gel. I am gutted that MAC made this as a L.E. product. Works well with my light blonde hair. I don't understand why this couldn't have been an permanent product. :(

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this! My eyebrows seem pretty light and from far away it looks like I don't have any. So I picked this up and tried it and it looked great! Darkened them without being too dark, and kept them in place all day. Doesn't sweat off, and my eyebrows show up in pictures now! Yay for MAC!!

on 6/16/2007 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have pale blond hair and pale blond eyebrows to match. Most eyebrow pencils/powders/gels are too dark, even the ones that are for blondes - they're usually more taupe. This color is actually blond, but my eyebrows actually show up while looking natural. The best for pale/platinum blonds!

I agree with many of the other comments. I have darker-ish eyebrows even though Im a natural blonde. Its lightens them up enough to make them appear much softer. I dont even consider bleaching them now that I have this. Plus its not sticky at all like other brow gels. Its great. Only comment, while the hold is long lasting, the colour seems to wear away fairly quickly.

I remember shiseido ads model with blonde bleached-like but painted brows.I love golden brows with mu.I was wondering if MAC has a product to give me golden brows and BİNGOOO!!! I am very happy to find this individual mu item.ı dont need to have my brows bleached now.I use my hair blonde-bleached.I hate darker brows.This product is awesome.I am just mad at myself why I found it too late.I will definetly buy it again ana again..

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Even though i'm not a natural blonde and i don't have blonde brows i use this gel to lighten up my brows a bit without having to bleach them. it works great and it looks very natural :)

on 5/16/2006 10:12:00 AM

I am a strawberryu blonde with invisible platinum blonde eyebrows. I've spent 25 years trying to find the right combo of pencil/powder/brow gel etc to look natural - and I'm coming very close with this. I probably spend more time on my brows than on the entire rest of my face, but it works for me. I use Clinique Lash primer first, then a powder (currently a Maybelline blush or an Ulta bronzer) then MAC brow set in Sophisticated. It defines the hairs, adds a little color & sets them for all day. Does not rub off or smudge, even with my bangs, or the Florida heat & humidity.

Like another MUAer stated, a little bit goes a long way - and a lighter touch works best. The price is pretty reasonable I thought, and my only issue is dealing with the MAC SAs when I go to buy it.

This product is a bit dark for my brows, but if I wipe the excess from the brush before applying & apply it with a light hand, it really sets my brows all day!

Popular Brows Products