3.3

price range

Reviews

3.0

a year ago

First of all.. The packaging. The sticker comes off very often. The smell is lovely tho. Natural rose, very nice. It makes my lips very glossy but I don't think it moisturizes. Also because it's wax it will melt very easily.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

a year ago

received this twist-up tube as a gift, so dont know the price. I usually use a tub of vaseline, so this product is a nice departure, since it is nicely portable. Mine is unscented and unflavored, which is how I prefer lip products. 1 application lasts a couple of hours, about comparable with the vaseline. a basic product that I would use again if it was given me, but wouldnt go out of my way to seek it out.

About reviewer (314 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairRed

EyesBlue

2.0

6 years ago

I used to buy the Lip Wax stick version each season. Made my lips glossy and had a nice blackberry frangrance. This season, I just picked up the stick and they changed the formula. Not the same smell, it's now Rose Petals which I really don't want that flavor on my lips. Also the consistancy is not the same. No longer shinny, more like a dull wax.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I added this to my order to get the free $50 shipping. I'm glad I did! I'm a lip product junkie and I love trying all sorts of things. I really love the slip of this. It melts onto my lips with just the lightest touch from the tube. I really don't even notice much of a smell, let alone a strong one like other reviews have stated. This makes my lips look glossy and it feels very moisturizing when on. I haven't used this long enough to see if my lips have a positive or negative reaction, but I like the feel of it on! It feels like I have an oil on my lips, and I like the feel of that, but if that's something you dislike I would reconsider.

About reviewer (364 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I am a lip balm junkie, so to make my cart tot up to the free shipping amount, I threw this in. No. No, no, no. This is a very solid lip balm, that you need to warm with your fingers slightly to use, and as you dip (I got the pot version) you get an extremely thin layer of oil on your finger. Much harder than something like rose salve (which I love, btw), more like beeswax, but more oily on application. Absorbs pretty quickly into the lips, as an oil does (if you've ever tried putting straight vit E oil or rose hip oil or something on your lips). The smell is strong and herbal but not really pleasant. I didn't like it, and the performance of the wax was not anything near what it would have had to be for me to tolerate the smell. I returned this, and would recommend as an alternative the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip protectant (a solid tube balm that leaves a thin, quickly absorbed layer) any Labello chapstick, shea butter (try L'Occitane's), or, better yet, the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour skin protectant, and just use it on your lips. This is the best overnight lip treatment I have found, with something like the consistency of rose salve (but it smells of grapefruit).

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Coarse

8 years ago

One word - "Lanolin". I am allergic to this...horribly. I love MB's stuff, but not this.

About reviewer (1199 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I have the one in a tube without SPF, and I hate it. The smell is really strong and off-putting to me, and it's extremely oily. The only time I feel comfortable using it is right before bed, and I've found that it doesn't actually soften my lips at all or help how chapped they are. In fact, I think they've gotten worse since I began using this.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I live in the Rocky Mountains - a high desert region. It is drier than all-get-out - zero humidity, lots of sun. My lips get so bad they develop multiple massive cracks that constantly bleed and I get those gnarly ones in the corners of my mouth that are so large anyone near me can see them. Sad when you are scared of yawning because it hurts too bad. This is the only stuff that I have ever found that works. Period. Yes, it doesn't smell or taste that great, and it is kinda greasy and requires somewhat frequent reapplication. But if it is the only thing that stops my lips from giving off dime sized bloody flakes, I'll take it. The only thing I care about is that I can now yawn without pain and my lips are smooth as a baby's butt. Even my manly boyfriend, who eschews all facial products/cleansers/lotions/balms/etc, appreciates this stuff enough to carry it around.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

10 years ago

I'm reviewing the SPF 15 one. It is actually a bit too oily for my taste, very moisturizing though. Replaces my daily lipgloss :D

About reviewer (104 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

11 years ago

I prefer the non spf version to this. Without SPF, this is an addictive balm that's just perfect... with spf, it's really gritty... not pleasant. $7 tops. I may go back to soft lips though... it's easier to get my hands on. FYI!! Keep out of any heat! It will melt.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm