Biotherm Biopur Double Purifying Exfoliant

No Image

4.1

on 4/17/2012 12:17:00 AM

Sensitive skin, BEWARE! Even if I have oily combo skin, this product doesn't work for me at all. I used it tonight for the first time and in the following 10 minutes my face turned bright red and it won't tone down (it's been 4h since I've been using it and I still look like a tomato). It's like I have a very bad sunburn and my skin hurts like hell, mostly on my cheeks. I put a very think layer of Avène Cicalfate on top and I'm letting it rest for a bit before massaging the product in my skin then going to bed. Hopefully I won't look too bad tomorrow morning. Never using the product again; going straight in garbage.

This is a nice scrub that leaves my skin clean but also red. Maybe I scrub too hard but I won't be repurchasing since I'm probably going to try the green version from Biotherm.

I am 39 with normal\combo skin and I use Biotherm's Biopur every few days instead of my other cleanser in the shower for a little extra deep-cleansing. A few years ago they reformulated it and it it now seems to have less of the clay-like texture it used to have (which I liked) . However, I am still enjoying this formulation as well, just not as much. I like the grains as they are round not jagged, so easier on the skin, however if you are going for some big time exfoliation, this may not be your baby as the grains are not quite as prolific throughout the product as they could be in my opinion. Good packaging - always love the tubes as they are so much more sanitary than a jar, easy to regulate the product coming out, and easier to use in the shower.

on 12/25/2006 7:42:00 PM

Foamy, with blue tiny grains/beads. Highly fragranced. I am not really sure what this does for my skin. Some time I noticed that after using this scrub my already huge pore, become more noticeable. I really want to like this product but i'm still clueless what it's about. maybe I would try the aquasource version next time.

on 4/2/2005 12:13:00 AM

Just bought this scrub and used it for the first time. It has a perfect texture, its as if you're coating your whole face with a tiny grain of the exfoliant. It feels clear, rinses off nicely, and after one time, it evened out my skin tone, and made my acne scars a lot less noticeable. Definitely will repurchase

BEWARE if you have sensitive skin!
I only bought this because my green Biotherm exfoliator was sold out. Boy, what a mistake! I was way to harsh (even during summer) and my skin was always red and irritated after using it. It basically feels like you're washing your face with broken glass and sand. I don't even know why I kept using it. Now I'm using Chanel's Radiant Exfoliator and I couldn't be happier.

on 2/28/2004 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It's a nice smelling scrub and leaves the face soft. It's not too harsh and doesn't break me out. I will repurchase if I have the $$$!

on 1/15/2004 4:39:00 PM

I love this scrub sooo much! It works as well as Remede Sweep for much less moolah. My husband can't stop touching my face after a good dose of this stuff!

on 10/26/2003 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great product! It doesn't dry my skin. After using it my face feels fresh and very clean and looks great.

on 4/22/2003 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Moderately priced and a truly superb exfoliant. It isn't too harsh on my blemish prone skin and makes me glow like I got a facial. It has even faded my acne scars!