MAC Plum Dandy (frost)

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: One of the best ever day mlbb bordering on nude. I can't stop wearing this.

ORIGINAL POST: Did not see this lipstick coming. I have been off of MAC Frost lipsticks for, well, since the late 90's early 00's. Fast forward 15 years later and as metallic lips are coming back into style, I find myself revisiting the old frost formulas (plus I have been through all the other formulas). Recent endeavors have been Creme de la Femme in the summer, Odyssey for fall and now Plum Dandy in winter. Plum Dandy is described as a plum frosted with bronze. This is pretty much my skin tone, so it makes me happy and it works. I have cooler pinkiness all over my skin, yet I have this odd golden undertone. Which by most accounts puts me in the neutral category. And as a result, I also have a tendency to pull out warmth/ orange / brown in any shade that has a bit of it in it. I am nw20, deep winter, brown eyes, almost black hair.

Plum Dandy on me, in respect to color, is right up there with Patisserie (more peachy pink) or VGV (more beige pink) as far as ease and neutrality go. This makes MAC Syrup and Sweetie look way pink on me. It is warmer than Clinique's Pink Bamboo which is similar but cooler on me. I find Pink Bamboo comes off more frosty on me than Plum Dandy. The frost on Plum Dandy seems to just add dimension to my aging lips & doesn't expose the lines like other formulas and shades can. Like VGV & Patisserie, this is one of those lippies I can throw on with nothing and look fine. It actually enhances my natural coloring...pulls out the color in my cheeks nicely. This shade is not going to be for everyone (some will find it too frosty, too "eh"). But when it works, it works. I think it would be gorgeous for wedding makeup as well.

This is a pinky plum with a gold/bronze frost. It's crazy pretty but can come off a bit too frosty. However with a light hand you'll have a pretty pink pout with some endearing fairy gold dusted over the top.

For a really pretty metallic vamp look layer this over Mac Viva Glam III. It's a great look for upcoming holiday parties!

I keep buying this lipstick over and over. It is extremely flattering on me, I'm very pale and cool-toned but I think it would work on a lot of complexions. Lasts a long time. Subtle but not nude.
Plum Dandy is a frost but not overly-frosted.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just bought this, and it is such a gorgeous lipstick. A slightly pinky medium plum with bronze/ golden shimmer that's not frosty in a dated or tacky way; the frost is very soft, and gives this luscious dimension to your lips. This goes perfectly with Plum lip pencil, and when worn together, I have actually received compliments from several men on my lipcolor (from "that's cool... it's like a copper shimmer over purple" to "your lipstick is really pretty today"). I have medium/ tanned skin and green eyes, but this is a lipstick that truly will look good on many skintones and eye colors. I had to go to three different MAC counters in NYC to buy this, and now I know why it was sold out. Another winner from MAC!

Love this & always get compliments when wearing it.
Very flattering to fair complexions. lasts 3-4 hours and not very drying (similar to other mac lipsticks).
Adds some oomph to your face without being over the top.

Great lipstick. I have very pigmented lips so this is very subtle on my lips. Gives a beautiful plum colour with golden shimmer. Very nice!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a MAC NC20. I got this color as I originally loved it, but I then realized...I usually wear glosses and never a color this deep unless I'm layering it with a lighter gloss. I don't typically feel comfortable in darker lipsticks...
Color is a medium raspberry with gold undertones. Its really very nice, so I need to start reaching for it more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got this in a Holiday set a couple years ago and never really could get used to it. I loved the shade but it was too dark for my fair skin. Lately though instead of tossing it I tried it out again and this time I applied more than a couple applications and blotted till very little was left. What I saw then made me fall in love with the shade. My lips were my natural color but oomphed up a smidge with a little mauve and there was a nice gold sheen. I applied a gloss over that and it was a gorgeous your-lips-but-better shade! I have a new favorite lipstick! Giving this a 4 since it's not perfect as it requires some work for the desired effect.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I generally go for extremely pale shades, because whenever I'm doing full war-paint, my eyes are extremely bright. This one is definitely dark on my NC15 face, and the gold frost isn't exactly what I should be wearing, but I loved the shade so much that I couldn't resist. I think it looks rather keen when applied. The only problem is that it fades so incredibly fast. I get about an hour out of it before I have to reapply. This isn't a big deal for me at all, but I can see how it would be for other people.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is 'my lips but better' color.It has a frost finish so it has this nice sheen. Its OK for everyday use but doesn't really gives a wow look to your lips.