AVEDA Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant

AVEDA Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant
Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant

4.1

Aqueous extracts, witch hazel extract, alcohol denat., ethyl lactate, salicylic acid, polysorbate 20, sodium hydroxide, frangrance, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bit of an HG product for me, as it's the only salicylic acid delivery I could find that doesn't depend on a lot of alcohol content (there's more witch hazel in it than alcohol). It's very effective, smells nice, leaves my skin so smooth every night. Using it is a pleasure, I look forward to it. Still sussing it out but it may be the thing that's currently keeping my acne away since it's keeping pores clean and open without overdrying.

New plastic bottle isn't as elegant as the old glass one, but of course it's less likely to break, but also easier to spill. When the cap is off it's too easy to bonk the thing onto the floor and lose half the contents... I wish there was a smaller opening at the top like one of those with a tiny hole that's just supposed to drip the product or let you squeeze it out. Minor quibbles! I love this stuff. It's been around for decades and on my radar, I can't believe it took me this long to try it.

on 7/15/2018 6:44:00 AM

I have combination dry oily, and acne prone skin. I got this for the little bumps on my forehead, chin and undereyes. I've used it twice a day, morning and night, for a week and a half so far. I use shiseido cotton pads to wipe my face and neck with the product.
I will say that it leaves me face feeling ultra clean and satiny. Oil production has decreased and my acne has subsided a bit. It's helped maybe 35% with the small bumps as well but not enormously. It's quite impressive because I don't have a long skincare routine. Apart from washing, I've only used this product and maybe a face mask/ sleeping mask twice a week for the past week and a half or so and I do feel an improvement.
It does run out pretty quick. I reckon it'll last you just shy of a month if you use it twice a day. It goes for about $35 in Taipei at the moment so lower cp value. Much cheaper in the US.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this product. It's probably my favourite liquid exfoliating product because it actually makes a noticeable difference in how my skin feels and looks. As per directions, I use this at night and when I wash my face the next morning, it feels so much smoother and almost "firmer" than when I don't use it. The pores on my nose also look much smaller and cleaner. I don't find it drying but then I always follow it with a serum or oil at night. I've got liquid exfoliators from Pixi and Clarins but Kinetics is superior to both of them. It also smells very pleasant. This is available in a smaller and larger bottle and the larger one offers considerable savings, which is a really nice option for companies to offer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This isn't my favorite toner (that would be Pixi Glow Tonic), but it is a really good one that I enjoy keeping in my rotation. It has that great Aveda scent--fresh and herbal--and its salicylic acid content helps keep my acne at bay without overdrying. At $21 for 150 ml, the price is fair. The packaging is pretty in a minimalist way. My one suggestion would be to put some kind of dispenser on the bottle to make it harder to use too much. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I call this stuff LIQUID GOLD! I hardly ever rate things 5 stars, but this stuff is a HG item. I go to an Aveda Institute for esthiology, so that's where I discovered this stuff. It's a very mild exfoliant that contains salicylic acid, witch hazel, and ethyl lactate (lactic acid), which are all chemical exfoliants. Using this stuff has changed my skin. My acne and acne-proneness has been reduced significantly. My skin is so smooth, so soft, so clear. I use it once a day, usually before bed after I cleanse and before I use my acne meds or moisturizer, I just wipe it all over my face. It works by gently loosening the dead skin cells on your skin that have accumulated during the day and when you wash your face later, your skin is smoother and softer. If used excessively, it can dry you out a little, but not as badly as a lot of other exfoliating products. If it does make me a little dry, I just skip a day and moisturize. My god, I cannot rave about this stuff enough. It has transformed my skin. When I perform facials at school, I always let people know about this product, whether their skin is dry, oily, combo, normal, anything. It's great for teens just starting a skincare regimen. It's great for [low maintenance] guys. It's great to add to anyone's skin care routine. It retails for $20 for a small bottle (the exact volume escapes me at the moment) or $48 for a 500mL bottle. Since I get it half price as a student, I bought a sh*t-ton of it because this stuff must stay in my life forever.

on 8/23/2014 6:56:00 PM

This is my favorite part of my morning skincare routine because it smells lovely and feels wonderful on my skin. I am on my third bottle and I will definitely repurchase.

When I turned 36, I decided that it was probably time for a grown-up skincare routine so I gradually worked serum and tonics (Pixi Glow in the PM) into my routine. My skin looks smoother and more glowy. Because I made a few changes around the same time, I can't attribute it to Exfoliant but I love this product. I also (probably against product instructions) tried it on my eyelids when an eye makeup remover gave me periocular dermatis, which came back after I'd passed the 2-week limit for my steroid cream (which is how I figured out the eye makeup remover was the culprit). It felt soothing and I do think that it helped turn over the flaky, irritated skin on my eyelids. In my defense, when I asked my doctor what would help soothe my eyelids after my initial diagnosis she asked if I used toner. I stopped using it on my eyes as soon as the dermatitis went away, but I do feel that it helped. You should probably ask your doctor :)

This product is amazing! It works well as an exfoliant and a toner. My face feels refreshed every time!

This is a great product that works for both my dry sensitive and my daughter teen skin.It also works well on ingrown hair btw so tell your husband

on 5/11/2013 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is by far the wort product I have ever purchased. This is not mild at all: it contains all ingredients that can cause bad allergies - witch hazel, ridicolous amount of alcohol denatured and tons of fragrance. I tried it on my neck and the reaction was terrible. i checked the ingredients and it went straight in the bin.
It is shocking that Aveda is allowed to sell this (especially by saying available for all skin types!!). This is beyond awful.

on 12/10/2012 8:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I really liked this toner/mild exfoliant. The scent is amazing, its suppose to be an exfoliant but i don't think i saw very tangible result. But as a toner, its great. My skin feels refreshed and clean after using it. I really enjoyed this product.

The only think i dislike is the opening of the bottle. It does not have a cover with a tiny opening in the middle that only allows smaller amount of liquid through. The first time i use this product, i just assume there is and pour a huge amount onto my cotton pad. I find this very very annoying and a hassle to use.

Update: I really hate the packaging! I switched to another toner for a week and when i come back to this, i forgot the container opening is "open", without a "stopper" to restrict the amount of toner when you pour it. I basically poured ten uses all at once.
And the smell turn slightly bad by the time i'm left with about an inch of product and i just bought/started using it in Sept 2012. Don't how how that happen since i'm using it in the cooler months.