Vichy Nutrilogie S2

4.1

on 6/19/2016 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This lovely smelling cream plumps up my skin beautifully. It's is for very dry skin. Mine is oily, but I love this stuff! When I use it at night, my face is the perfect canvas the following morning. A light layer is also great under foundations that don't blend very easily (like EL Double Wear), as it's quite moisturizing, but absorbs nicely & isn't too greasy feeling. Love the scent...soft & fresh!
Only reason I didn't give 5 lippies is that Vichy (made by L'oreal) tests on animals.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used this product this past winter as a moisture boost under my eyes, around my mouth and on a patch of eczema on my neck alongside its less rich partner Nutrilogie 1, which I have used for several years, depending on how much moisture I needed. At first I really liked this richer version, but over time it seemed to become less and less effective for me, and incredibly irritating. I experienced stinging and worsening redness until I had to discontinue use. I had experienced very occasional very slight stinging with Nutrilogie 1 if I applied it too soon after a glycolic product (Vichy anti imperfection/anti age), but nothing like the reaction to Nutrilogie 2.

It's too bad, because it feels nice and the packaging is attractive (albeit unhygienic). I feel like there are far less expensive simple rich creams that can do the same job as this one, and without the irritation.

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/23/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this for a while on my very dry skin, that is prone to hormonal acne on my jawline.

Pro:
- It is very moisturizing and really helps with my dry patches.
- I like the smell and texture, it is rich, but my skin absorbs it well.
- It does not sting my sensitive skin, like so many moisturizers do.

Con:
- I really dislike the pots, as I don't find it hygienic to dip my fingers in a pot and get the product underneath my nails. Pots, bleeegghh.
- After using this for a month or so and then switching back to my Eucerin 5% urea I notice the nutrilogy 2 gives me more pimples, even with thorough cleansing twice a day.
- I get a shiny face from this stuff.

Tags: Retinoids, Acne, Tazorac, Cold Weather

I got a pot of this from a coworker while working in a derm office, and I swore I would never pay full price for fancy face cream, but I've since realized this is one of the only moisturizers that doesn't sting my retinoid-blasted face (Tazorac for acne). This is especially true during the winter, when biking in the cold air really irritates my skin and turns it red! It's a bit too thick for use during the day, but I love slathering it on at night - it's very soothing and seems to work fine with retinoid. The texture is great too, it's very light and silky - not at all goopy or sticky like other bland moisturizers (eucerin, etc).

When my face is less irritated, I tend to use Cerave lotion (which I love), but that does contain alcohol and Hyaluronic acid, which tend to sting/burn and can exacerbate irritation and redness.

Love the formulation, doesn't sting my skin as so many moisturisers do. Definitely a product for very dry skin, it helps me loads with my dry patches and to relax the skin after washing. Really a brilliant moisturiser, I am currently using it in summer time and I do not find it too heavy, but you have to have in mind that my skin is very thirsty. The only disadvantage I found is the packaging, I like my moisturises in a tube, not a pot where I have to put my fingers in. I find it not as higenical. Plus heavy glass pot makes it difficult to carry around as I believe I might need to reaplly during the winter months.

on 5/15/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have insanely dry skin on the corners of my nose, cheeks, and chin - so much so that skin will flake off in patches. I have tried countless creams from classics like Nivea and Ponds, Estee Lauder, Perricone, and lately and most effectively, a super heavy Polish collagen cream - but this has beaten nearly all so far.

I was looking for a cheap cream to tide me over before I could get my hands on the expensive Polish stuff again, and I found the Vichy cream. I'd heard positive murmurings about Vichy, and the description in the shop said that the Nutrilogie was specifically for super dry skin and could actually change the moisture levels in skin if used for two weeks. I was skeptical, but the price was totally reasonable, so I thought I'd give it a try and I am glad I did.

This cream is in a lovely almost conical glass pot, and considering how far a little of this cream goes, there is a lot of product.
The cream is heavy, so a little goes a long way, but it is easily spread and absorbed, has a very light lovely semi-floral/almost fruity fragrance, and most importantly is very moisturising. It has a very nice texture - it's not smooth and watery like a lotion, nor is it greasy - it's something in between, and I've had no problems with breakouts. I use this cream over a Vichy toner both in the morning and at night, and I've had no flakes. It's fantastic to use under my makeup as it makes my skin so smooth and soft, and it also gives an almost "glowing" look to my skin.

This is a great cream and I really like it. Someone reviewing it said La Roche P makes an even better one, so I may try that as well. I wouldn't say it's HG moisture status for me, but it's a brilliant cream to tide me over.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this when my skin was a real mess when winter came along and I have to say I really love it. It totally saved my skin and I'm actually fond of the little sticky feeling of it. (It goes in after a little while).

I'd say if you have very dry or dry skin you should try it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I suffer from eczema and chronic dry skin, and have gone through many a moisturiser claiming to help out, and I can honestly say Vichy's Nutrilogie 2 is one of the best I've ever stumbled upon! HG material for sure! Not only does it moisturise, The effect lasts really long and it doesn't make me shiny or uncomfortable. It's actually a moisturiser that sinks into my skin and does domething.. I do not know exactly what a 'sphingo-lipid' is, which this apparently contains, but keep em coming Vichy, because this I will repurchase again and again!!

on 3/23/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because the la Roche p hydraphase riche is sooo much better!!!
This white cream is luxurious and rich.it would make a great night cream.i wouldn't use it during the day as it makes my skin feel tacky.it does absorb very well but my skin would feel sticky and perhaps if I needed to put foundation on top it might be hard to get it to look even.
It comes in a clear glass pot, which isn't as hygienic or easy to travel with compared to my favourite moisturiser mentioned above (which comes in a plastic tube with a pump)
So being one of the most popular moisturisers for dry skin I thought I'd give it a go. It doesn't hold a candle to the la Roche p one!!!

I was looking for a moisturizer that could calm down my skin and keep it well moisturized for the dry winter. My skin has become flaky with dry patches on my cheeks and my usual moisturizer was not cutting it, even with multiple applications throughout the day. This Vichy Nutrilogie 2 is for very dry skin and it has helped restore my skin's moisture level very well. This moisturizer starts working immediately after you apply it. My skin no longer flaked after first application and the dry patches were gone after 2 days. I only put on a thin layer each morning and night and that was enough already. As for the texture of this moisturizer, it is a light cream that feels like balm when put on.