Laura Mercier Eye Colour in Guava

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect base shadow for me - it brightens up my eyes, evens out the colour and isn't too obvious. The only gripe I have is the packaging: the case is luxurious enough but seriously, are there no refills? It seems like such a waste to just throw it away and get a new one! The mirror is also quite useless. You just don't need one with a single eyeshadow like this. Also, like someone already said, the shadow crumbles quite a bit so I hit the pan in record time. I think I'll try to find a similar one from Mac as you can actually recycle the packaging...

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have not bought this shade yet, for the sake of disclosure. But I have tried it at the counter, both on the back of my hand and on my eyelids, and the color is so pretty.

It's less of a color in its own right, and more of a sheen. It's pink-salmon in the pan but barely looks that way on me, just like a delicate warming flush in response to the first kiss of spring sunlight on pale skin. Okay, maybe that was a bit much but that's seriously how lovely - no better word for it - I think this color is.

When I get this, I will use it all over, not just on my eyelids, but as a "second blush" to sweep over the top of the brow, cheekbones, and the tip of the nose, just to give myself an extra bit of glow. (And btw, makeup artist Mary Greenwell has used this in exactly the way I describe, in this video at around 9:08. Guava is perfect for that job.)

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite eye shadow ever! It's a slightly sparkly peach color that isn't too pink and or too orange. It makes my eyes look even more green when I wear it with LM Stellar eye shadow. These shadows are very silky and have great lasting power. I actually prefer them to Bobbi Brown and Estee Lauder's shadows.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Don't think this is pigmented enough for an eyeshadow. Goes on very sheer with a pearl finish. I don't like that it crumbles so easily–such a mess! However, I do love this as a highlighter on my brow bone and on cheekbones, nose, and cupid's bow.

Yes, the color is gorgeous - that's what drew me to buy it. A nice pinky/peach. But guess what? It didn't stay put and you can barely tell I had it on. Maybe because my skin is light so you couldn't tell.

It is finely milled so after one stroke of the brush, it goes all over making my table dusty and dirty. The color doesn't show much on my lids so not worth it.

I love this shadow. it's a soft shimmery light, pinky peach. Very similar but a bit pinker and not as finely milled as Chanel Abricot. It's soft an easy to apply. An easy everyday color for me and really brings out my eyes (blue).

I always wanted to try LM e/s. I think the colors are so soft and natural looking. This color in particular looks pinkish peach in the pan. I like the color in the pan but it seems not to show up on me. I think the color is probably too light and would look fabulous on lighter skinned ladies. The packaging is simple, just a brownish color compact with a hinge lid. No frills. I like the texture of this e/s, but not the color. Perhaps I'll try a different shade that would suit me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this colour as an all over wash for day. I don't like the sparkley shadows, but this has just the right touch of shimmer. For me, the colour is very wearable, not too pink and I've also worn it over whatever colour I'm using in the crease to look more "natural" after applying three shades of shadow! . Cheers!

In a nutshell, just wasn't flattering on me (light skin, dark brown hair, blue eyes, look best in neutrals), it was just all wrong, made me look worn out.

Sorry to be one of the few who didn't care for this. I have mac nc30 skin, hazel brown eyes, and blondish hair. This made me look like I'd been crying, or like I had really bad allergies, maybe even a little tired. It was just aweful. I can see how it would look good on blue eyed gals though. Great quality product, just the wrong color for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Cate Blanchett Make-up Tutorial with Guest Artist Mary Greenwell by Lisa Eldridge

Top Rated Eye Shadow