L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Crème

L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Crème

3.6

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Palmitate, Squalene, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Fragrance, Octyldodecanol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Laureth-7, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Sucrose Palmitate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tetrasodium Edta, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Glyceryl Linoleate, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Methyl Ionone, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product in early December to help my dehydrated skin. As I've gotten older, my skin gets drier in the winter, but I still get breakouts, so I was a little concerned about its rich texture. I also have rosacea. It eliminated all my dry patches within a few days of using it. I can wear a mineral powder foundation in the winter and not look dry. It is now June, and I am still using this moisturizer. It doesn't feel heavy at all. I really love it. You need very little and It thoroughly absorbs into my skin (this has been the demise of many previous moisturizers). The floral scent is a little strong, but quickly dissipates. I can't say I've seen any anti-aging results but would purchase again just for it's ability to moisturize but not irritate my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I loved the divine cream, so when that ran out I decided to give this a try as the lady who worked in the l'occitane shop recommended it to me, knowing I have sensitive skin. I have been using it for about two weeks and I hate it! It is one of the worst moisturizers I have ever used. First off, it smells way too strong, which is not pleasant. Secondly, I don't feel it absorbed into my skin at all and when I wwashed my face in the mornings it felt slimey on my wet skin, which is grim. Thirdly, it broke me out! I rarely get spots and if I do it'll be one or two hormonal spots, but after using this stuff I have lots of little spots either side of my chin and in my cheeks and forehead. Horrible waste of money. I tried to power through but I cannot use it any more because of what it's doing to my skin. I hate you, precious cream.

To Read all 63 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/7/2016 8:58:00 PM

I received a sample of this that provides about 3-5 uses (depending on the portion size you use). It says "New Formula" on it, but I don't know how new or how relevant that is. I think I've had this sample for about a year or less before using it. I could only give my first impressions on this product and nothing about long-term effect due to the quantity I had.

This white cream has a medium-light, almost whipped texture/weight to it with a non-greasy, non-oily feel as you massage it on your skin. It dries matte & is not sticky at all. I enjoyed the relaxing/soothing scent of an oil & an herb or flower, which I’m assuming is this “Immortelle” flower they speak of on their website description. Hard for me to describe what the scent is, but it’s a natural scent, rather than perfumed.
The product did not leave my dry/dehydrated skin feeling very moisturized by the end of the work day in the winter. The matte feeling would probably be great underneath makeup, but I didn’t test with any makeup. It seems like it would be an option for oilier skins who need moisture during the winter months, but without the heaviness in most creams.

Overall, the sample portion didn’t leave me craving more. It’s $62 on Sephora, which is pretty steep. I feel I would need to slather on a lot of the product for each use, but if that’s the case, I’d rather spend that money on more hydrating crèmes that require less product per use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a sample pot of this in one of the kits (I love the L'Occitane sampler kits) and it was disastrous on my skin. Smells fabulous, but within ten minutes my face was bright red, hot and itchy. Had to wash it off. Sample first, or avoid, if you have sensitive skin.

on 1/10/2014 6:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is my second container of this creme in the last 2 years. I do love products, and I am constantly switching products. But this I did rebuy, and probably will again, although I will try some other cremes after I finish this batch.

This time around I also used the serum with the creme. I have to say, they are both incredibly long lasting. It is pretty cold in the wintertime, and my skin can get really dry with all that indoor heating + cold outside air. But while using this, my skin has been soft and supple! No breakouts due to this creme (although the occasional breakout due to other causes), and I do feel that my skin texture and look has overall improved.

I do not think it is a good creme for the summertime, as it may be too heavy if your skin is normal-oily.

on 1/8/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this as a sample in a beauty boxe. I really liked this cream, it's a really good product. The smell is really great but really really powerfull so if you are sensitive to fragrance you might need to avoid this one. My skin felt really full and plumped after I used this. It's slightly greasy and I really had to wash my face in the morning, but it's a good cream! I will not purchase because it's too expensive for my liking but I enjoyed using it :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had high hopes for this cream as I totally adore the "Precious Fluid" and "Divine Cream". This one on the contrary was horrid. It REALLY dried out my skin and made it so scratchy and itchy. I used it for a week and still didn't get any better instead it was getting worse. Back to "Divine Cream" I went asap and my skin returned to normal. Thank goodness! No repurchase for sure!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I received a deluxe sample of this in my monthly beautybar.com sample box.Reading the ingredients list this lil sample will be used as a handcream as it contains phenoxyethanol which is a highly irritating preservative (and that makes my skin very angry) and C13-14 which is the scientific term for glorified mineral oil. In a cream that is expensive for full size mineral oil should NOT be included. And both ingredients happen to sit pretty high up on the list in this formula. Such a shame. I'll be sticking to my ReVive and Renee Rouleau skincare lines.

on 7/23/2013 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used a sample mini-jar of this given to me by the L'Occitane lady when I browsed in my local store. While I like this cream (and love, in theory, the use of helichrysum essential oil in products) it is too expensive and seemed like "just another" moisturizer to me.

OK - but no way I'll buy a full jar. I love my trusty BeautiControl and SkinCeuticals.

on 10/29/2012 6:28:00 AM

I was looking for a good moisturiser and finally found it! I love this cream! been using it now for 3 months and my skin is soft, even toned, pores are smaller and no break outs. I'm in my mid 30's but constantly being guessed as 24 :-) that's nice result! i combine this cream with the Immortelle Precious Serum and get better result on fine lines, they have disappeared and my skin feels plumped and fresh... The cream jar is still more then half full, as the cream is quite rich and little amount is enough, same for the serum, 2 drops are for the whole face... Will definitelly purchase again, worth the money plus I always get lots of samples which are great for travels....