DHC Concentrated Eye Cream

DHC Concentrated Eye Cream

3.6

water, cucumis sativus (cucumber) juice, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut) seed extract, butylene glycol, hydrogenated castor oil, biosaccharide gum-1, squalane, sodium hyaluronate, sasa veitchii extract, polysorbate 60, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, sorbitan stearate, panax ginseng root extract, royal jelly extract, potassium hydroxide, carbomer, methylparaben, propylparaben, magnesium aluminum silicate, tocopherol, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, citric acid 6/8/09

on 6/17/2016 2:40:00 PM

I received a sample of this product in the DHC catalog. The sample provided me almost a week’s worth of use (day/night) considering you only need a very small amount for your eyes. My review for this eye cream is so simple, just like the product itself. A simple, unscented white cream that isn’t too heavy, spreads easily, & keeps the skin around my eyes well-hydrated. With such a small amount to sample, I can’t tell whether or not my eyes look less-tired, or if it diminishes the dark circles or improve skin texture, which are all claims from the company. It wasn’t a product that delivered brighter, tighter skin around my eyes overnight. This product does list both alcohol & cetyl alcohol in the ingredients. I usually try to avoid products with any alcohol in it, reading all the ingredients list before purchasing or using. These days though, I’ve been finding myself diving into products somewhat blindly without really reading the ingredients and then finding out it has alcohol in it later, so I’m wondering if it’s really all that bad. I will hold off on purchasing a full jar of this cream since it’s $35/0.7 oz., but it's a contender for a permanent spot on my shelf for daytime use.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

DHC's concentrated eye cream is not a heavy, greasy eye cream. If you need a lot of moisture in your eye cream, or emollient, this cream isn't for you. It's perfect for people like me with oily skin and don't want their eye cream to interfere with their makeup. It's also great at soothing a tired eye and helping foundation around the eye to have a smooth appearance. It has a calming effect on the skin. I have bad allergies and this eye cream is a must for me. If my eyes are extra puffy or swollen, or with dark circles, I will turn to DHC's Eye Bright (a caffeine gel), but this is my every day eye cream. I have tried the samples of the Co-Q10 eye cream but it's too greasy for me.
This eye cream doesn't "fix" wrinkles but I feel my eye area is tauter and the skin looks better after prolonged use. I'll keep buying it.
Note: My eyes are very sensitive, I have bad allergies and this does NOT sting my eyes. I don't have sensitive skin per se, but I have been bothered by other eye creams.

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/26/2014 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I received several samples of this, and took it with me on a recent trip without checking the ingredients first (foolish of me, yes. . but I was in a hurry). It stings like crazy and makes my eyes super puffy, then they were watery and teared up for a few hours. My eyes remained puffy for three days after just one application. It has a cooling, herbal scent and feel upon application that just feels irritating rather than soothing.

Definitely would not recommend this to anyone for use around the eye area, it's just too irritating, why would they use rosemary in an eye cream? It's fine for seasoning turkey but no good for eyes. Tossed the rest of my samples and definitely wouldn't buy this! I'm so disappointed because I usually do well with most of DHC's products but this was just a huge fail.

on 6/17/2014 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this in my DHC catalog. I am using it for about a month and so far I like it. It moisturizes my under eye area very well, it's great under make-up. However I have not noticed any other effects in my tiny fine lines or whatsoever. It also comes in unsanitary pot that I hate. I would not purchase it.

on 6/18/2012 9:49:00 PM

I can't really give comment on the effectiveness of this eye cream because I can't put it on without it eventually running into my eyes and stinging them. It has a very lotiony texture while I prefer my eye creams to be thicker. It doesn't really feel like it soaks in at all. DHC Extra Nighttime Moisture is a holy grail moisturizer for me and I also use their Deep Cleansing Oil, but this eye cream does nothing for me but hurt my eyes.

So I'm stuck with a big tub of eye cream I can't use. I thought maybe it would be good to use on the rest of my face, but I contacted DHC and they said they couldn't recommend that since it was specially formulated for around the eyes. Maybe I will try to use it on my nails like another reviewer did.

My current favorite eye cream is Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrikle Eye Cream. It's thick, but not so thick that you can't wear it under makeup.

on 5/24/2012 1:50:00 AM

Made my eyes puffy , my fingernails great!

I am not kidding ; I am a long time user of DHC, and tried this eye cream only to find it made my eye lids puffy & itchy...( have a lot of allergies) . I decided to try it on my peeling fingernails thinking that they needed moisture, ...hate to throw something that might be useful out. I've had fragile nails my whole life, and combined with a job thats hard on hands, I've tried lots of products, without success, but rubbing this into the nail and cuticles has made a huge difference. Once the cream sort of soaks in, I buff the nail using the pad of my opposite hand, and get a lovely sheen that seems cumulative. Recently someone commented on my pretty nails....the first compliment ever!

Because of this experience, I did some research and learned that there are products out there to moisturize nails, but I think they'd be hard pressed to beat the DHC cream which has allowed my nails to grow.

I am out of it now and trying out my other abandoned eye cream made by estee lauder, but it is greasier and doesn'l sink in as well. I've just purchased a bottle of trind to compare...but it's quite likely that I will buy this for ny nails again.

I hate to give this a lower rating....it wasn't good for my eyes .....but fantastic for my nails.

P s. not sure if one could put nail polish over this...but it's unessary ...have been using a Salley Hansen white pencil under the tips for a French manicure...the white seems to last a good while on me, which was unexpected.

I used a few samples of this and although I love a number of DHC products, I would not purchase this. I don't have a lot of wrinkles or crow's feet, but I didn't notice any real effect from this cream. It's rather average, comes in an unsanitary pot, and is somewhat expensive. Not impressed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've never been a big user of eye creams but as I get older I'm starting to recognize my need for one. I was starting to get the finest of fine lines around my eyes and it was really bothering me. Also, the skin around my eyes was starting to look dry and crepe-like. My fiance (who is brutally honest with me) said he didn't notice anything but you know how it is. If you notice, you always think about it. I bought this eye cream because I've always liked DHC products and it seemed like a good start. There's so much out there! It isn't too expensive and you get a lot for your money, so little is needed. I really like this stuff. It does what it's supposed to. No fine lines anymore (not to say it erases ALL lines, mine were just really fine and I'm still relatively young) and the crepe look is gone! My eyes look brighter and younger and the skin around them is healthy and happy. I use the smallest dab on the lid and below the eye every time I wash my face and I'm good to go. I'm actually surprised by some of the negative reviews because I find this product so good. Most eye creams/gels/lotions out there have scents and colors and this feels like a nice basic moisturizer, no heavy scent. Overall I'm very happy with this purchase!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love this stuff as it actually shrinks the deep crow's feet lines I have at 66 (I have no fine lines). This stuff is excellent, so I am kinda surprised by some of the negative reviews. I use such a teeny bit each night, put it over my emu oil that I slather on my neck and face and look...well, at least a good 10 years younger. Yeah, I have good genes, but this cream really has staved off that old lady look for me. I'm a lifer with this one!

on 4/21/2011 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this eye cream. I don't have a lot of wrinkles but I like to keep my eye area hydrated and this product does just that. I do see some diminishing in the lines in the outer corner of my eye.