L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick in Mystic Mauve

No Image

3.5

on 11/30/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After having a disappointing turnout with the plums fading to pink on me in the Maybelline Color Sensational line, I thought I'd take a chance with Mystic Mauve. It really looks so far from pink or orange, that I gave it a try. On me, it looks like a nice subdued purple plum color with brown and gold undertones. I'm surprised to find this being labeled as cool. There are very few cool colors that look good on me, so I stay with the neutrals most of the time. I didn't have any trouble with Mystic Mauve not staying true or fading to a bright pink or orange. The formula is quite buildable and sheer at first but with a few more swipes I get the color that I want. It looks darker in the tube, but this is typical for the frosty colors to not be as pigmented. There is a hint of perfume. I'm not sure why L'oreal won't get rid of that altogether. But, it doesn't bother me so much that I stop buying the brand.

on 11/22/2006 6:02:00 PM

Well the reviewer below was right when she said it can be dark and flat, though I am PPP w/brown hair and it doesn't really change that. I use this mostly to pair with other lippies to change their color or give them more staing power - this stuff hangs in there pretty well. It's a little more brown than I'd like, and even though I've repurchased, I don't think I will again.
On the plus side it doesn't dry out my lips, and L'Oreal lipsticks generally last awhile and smell pretty good.