L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick in Mystic Mauve

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

on 11/30/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After having a disappointing turnout with the plums fading to pink on me in the Maybelline Color Sensational line, I thought I'd take a chance with Mystic Mauve. It really looks so far from pink or orange, that I gave it a try. On me, it looks like a nice subdued purple plum color with brown and gold undertones. I'm surprised to find this being labeled as cool. There are very few cool colors that look good on me, so I stay with the neutrals most of the time. I didn't have any trouble with Mystic Mauve not staying true or fading to a bright pink or orange. The formula is quite buildable and sheer at first but with a few more swipes I get the color that I want. It looks darker in the tube, but this is typical for the frosty colors to not be as pigmented. There is a hint of perfume. I'm not sure why L'oreal won't get rid of that altogether. But, it doesn't bother me so much that I stop buying the brand.

Although I wear cool colors by nature, this color is too cool for my skin tone. It has a silver purple sheen to it that kind of does weird stuff to my skin color. On the plus side, my mom said it makes my tan stand out (?) I don't like the taste of this lipstick either, but I don't pay much attention to that. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

on 2/18/2003 10:55:00 AM

Wow. I never thought I could wear dark shades or steer away from my umpteen million beige and nude lipsticks but L'oreal's Mystic Mauve has rangled me in. A friend of mine, who happens to have the same coloring as me (MMM with Dark Brown hair and eyes), was wearing this shade one day and I just had to ask her what it was. It looked great on her, so I picked it up on one of my drugstore runs. I'm very impressed with it, and I also love layering L'Oreal's Glass Shine in Honey Halo over this, which is a goldish gloss that really compliments this shade. I had the way L'Oreal's lipsticks smell, but I got over it real quick with this shade!