L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick in Mystic Mauve

No Image

1 review

on 9/5/2005 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just purchased this unique, violet-topaz-frost shade after having been fascinated by it for months each time I passed the Colour Riche display at Walgreens. The L'Oreal website lists it as a "cool" shade, but it is deep enough and contains enough plum-brown tones to qualify it as a neutral IMO. (For reference I am a neutral-to-yellow-toned ivory PPP with brown eyes and warm brown hair who looks more "natural" in warm tones but can pull off some vibrant or dark cool shades by virtue of being pale.) Well, I was not disappointed. First of all, Colour Riche has been reformulated in the past few months, which I knew from seeing magazine ads, and the lipstick displays have been reorganized by color grouping and contain several new shades. I noticed right away that the new formula is even creamier and more balm-like than the old, and noticeably less perfumed. As for the color, TRES CHIC! Really brings out the brown in my eyes and hair, while being decidedly purplish, and with enough pearlescence to brighten and highlight my smile. Looks very modern and striking. Great with a deep plum blush and raisin eyeshadow. I took off one lippie b/c this color is a little hard to pull off without other makeup, as it is a deep metallic and does not contain red or pink tones AT ALL.