L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick in Mystic Mauve

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

on 11/30/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After having a disappointing turnout with the plums fading to pink on me in the Maybelline Color Sensational line, I thought I'd take a chance with Mystic Mauve. It really looks so far from pink or orange, that I gave it a try. On me, it looks like a nice subdued purple plum color with brown and gold undertones. I'm surprised to find this being labeled as cool. There are very few cool colors that look good on me, so I stay with the neutrals most of the time. I didn't have any trouble with Mystic Mauve not staying true or fading to a bright pink or orange. The formula is quite buildable and sheer at first but with a few more swipes I get the color that I want. It looks darker in the tube, but this is typical for the frosty colors to not be as pigmented. There is a hint of perfume. I'm not sure why L'oreal won't get rid of that altogether. But, it doesn't bother me so much that I stop buying the brand.

on 2/8/2011 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I've always been a lip gloss person and not a lipstick person but lately I've been experimenting with lipsticks a lot. I have found that I really like the L'Oreal Color Rich lipsticks because they are creamy and moisturizing. They don't dry out my lips and turn into a mess. I tend to always go for some shade of red or pink sticky, shiny lipgloss so I've been trying to get away from that some. I can pull off deep red and wine lipsticks pretty good so I was scared to try this one. But I actually like it, a LOT! I also bought this in Mica and I love that shade too. This seems to be very neutral. It doesn't have any red or pink to it at all on me. It looks professional, polished, and inviting in my opinion. I would definitely buy it again if something were to happen to this tube or I use it up.

on 7/23/2009 6:45:00 PM

I really like this shade on me. I have always been a fan of darker brownish colors and this one works great. I don't use this everyday though, most of the time I use it for a night out on the town, which is when I use bolder colors. Very pretty though and glad I purchased it.

Although I wear cool colors by nature, this color is too cool for my skin tone. It has a silver purple sheen to it that kind of does weird stuff to my skin color. On the plus side, my mom said it makes my tan stand out (?) I don't like the taste of this lipstick either, but I don't pay much attention to that. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

on 9/5/2005 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just purchased this unique, violet-topaz-frost shade after having been fascinated by it for months each time I passed the Colour Riche display at Walgreens. The L'Oreal website lists it as a "cool" shade, but it is deep enough and contains enough plum-brown tones to qualify it as a neutral IMO. (For reference I am a neutral-to-yellow-toned ivory PPP with brown eyes and warm brown hair who looks more "natural" in warm tones but can pull off some vibrant or dark cool shades by virtue of being pale.) Well, I was not disappointed. First of all, Colour Riche has been reformulated in the past few months, which I knew from seeing magazine ads, and the lipstick displays have been reorganized by color grouping and contain several new shades. I noticed right away that the new formula is even creamier and more balm-like than the old, and noticeably less perfumed. As for the color, TRES CHIC! Really brings out the brown in my eyes and hair, while being decidedly purplish, and with enough pearlescence to brighten and highlight my smile. Looks very modern and striking. Great with a deep plum blush and raisin eyeshadow. I took off one lippie b/c this color is a little hard to pull off without other makeup, as it is a deep metallic and does not contain red or pink tones AT ALL.