Boucheron Pour Homme

Boucheron Pour Homme

4.6

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Strange story how I 'discovered' this scent. I was watching an old Live with Kelly and Michael interview that they had Richie Sambora of (formerly?) Bon Jovi, and Kelly said how good he smelled and asked him what he was wearing, and he said Boucheron. So I just always kind of had it in the back of my mind to check this out.

This is a different scent. And I will say, it is definitely not for everyone. This (imo) opens with a rather sharp, strong citrus scent, and the sharp citrus scent lingers for hours before the warm sexy dry down scent emerges. To me, the citrus scent smells very 'chemical' and 'manufactured'.

I just feel like some (men, in particular) obviously may not like the strong citrus scent. It is a masculine-scented citrus, though; a clean, sharp type of scent. I think it is kind of bold, but not obnoxious. But, again, if you do not like citrus-type scents, you more than likely may not like this.

A little goes a long way with this. I feel that this is best used light-handedly. It can get to be 'too strong' and even two sprays is more than enough. That said, it lasts all day even just with one or two sprays. Your clothes will still have the same scent the next day. This does eventually dry down to smell very similar to the female version, but that is only after having it on 12+ hours. So, it obviously does indeed last all day. I would not wear this to the office because I feel like some of the notes can be headache-inducing.

But, like the female Boucheron EDP, this is delightfully different from the mainstream scents. This, also like the female Boucheron EDP, I feel could be a unisex scent. Boucheron female EDP I feel is slightly sexy, yet clean, whereas this Boucheron Pour Homme to me is clean and unisex. I will say, it is amazing how with the Pour Homme version dries down to a warm, sexy, welcoming scent, because the citrus scent that prevails for several hours is so very strong.

The bottle is lovely, very classy/classic and masculine-looking. I love the simple, basic, clean, classy lines about it. But striking, classy, masculine bottle aside, my review is based on the scent itself. To me, the fragrance is and always should be what 'counts'. However, having said that, I/we do like the design of this bottle for a men's cologne.

However, while we both love the female Boucheron version EDP, the Pour Homme falls short for us. We like the dry down scent, but the strong (kind of chemical smelling to us) citrus scent that prevails for hours, well, we are at best just 'okay' with. The Pour Homme version is just way too citrus for our liking. This male version is still nice and enjoyably 'different', and we will enjoy it, but it is not something we would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My husband has been wearing this scent since the day I met him (4 years ago). I loved it before I loved him, despite the fact that I hate most male fragrances with a passion. They tend to be extremely overpowering and a bit sickening. Boucheron Pour Homme is by no means subtle, yet it really is the sexiest fragrance a man could wear. It's soft and warm, and the bergamot and rose are done beautifully. Perfect.

on 2/18/2003 3:58:00 AM

Verbena, coriander and rose are most prominent to my nose. I would recommend the EDP over the EDT, as it has more body and more prominent rose and wood accords. And of course there's the sentimental value of sharing a fragrance with dad. Notes include:
Verbena, Orange, Basil, Coriander, Bergamot, Juniper, Ylang-Ylang, Iris, Citrus, Rose, Sage, Geranium, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Moss, Amber, Benzoin (from sephora.com).

I think that is a very good fragrance. I am actually a person who does not like almost any fragrance that are for men. They are usually too sour or too heavy. I love my husbands own smell and don't want him to smell like rotten fruit or like grandfather. He has had many fragrances and I've just hated them all. I gave him gucci rush two years ago as a birthday gift and I got sick of it after a while as well. Boucheron is the only perfume I have really liked on him so far. He has been using it for quite a few months and I never get tired of it. It is a bit heavy and everything but smells decent when he puts on tiny bit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh my god ! This perfume smells fantastic. I and my best friend went out to buy some fragrance for her bf, when i smell this perfume, I think i'm addicted to it, there's something special about this perfume, it's so manly (I can't explain in words). I think I'll have a crush on a guy wearing this fragrance ^^

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel