Dermalogica Multi-active Toner

Dermalogica Multi-active Toner

3.8

Not tested on animals

Extracts Of: Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint); Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Pca, Sorbitol, Proline, Propylene Glycol, Extracts Of: Malva Sylvestris (Mallow), Hedera Helix (Ivy), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber), Sambucus Nigra, Arnica Montana, Parietaria Officinalis (Pellitory); Ricinoleth-40, Methyl Gluceth-20, Sorbic Acid, Benzophenone-4, Polysorbate 20, Disodium Edta, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben.

on 9/6/2017 12:41:00 AM

I use this toner every morning. Its very refreshing but the only issue with this one is the sprayer. I would spray a cotton pad with this instead of spraying it directly on my face. I have lash extensions so I am very careful with anything liquid that would hit my eyes. Overall I would say that this is an OK product as it did not really made any diffrence on my face. The reason why I am opting for this one is because I'm using the Dermalogica Active Moist Moisturiser and I have this weird mindset where I want or need even to have my skin care routine brand-coordinated LOL

on 8/11/2017 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the dry kit from Ulta when it was on sale. Only two items wowed me. This toner and the eye cream. Did not buy the full size of the eye cream cuz ain't nobody got money fo dat. Anyways this toner is awesome. I think this is what made my skin look even and more hydrated. The sprayer sucks!!! Feels like someone threw a glass of water on your face. So I spray it on my finders and apply it before my creams and lotions. Worked well with my dry sensitive skin. Bought the full size bottle and it will last me till the end of time. Prioduct is expensive tho.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wanted to write this really quickly as a warning to those who have been recommended to use this. Now this post isn't anti-Dermalogica in general because I have used some of their products in the past and loved them. But! This post is completely and utterly anti the products targeting oily skin, including the special cleansing gel, multi active toner and active moist (oh God the active moist). I got my oily skin type professionally analysed and was told to use these products to correct. Luckily I chose to buy a pack of travel sized products to trial before buying full size. These products have completely drained the moisture from my skin as they are far too correcting. I've been using for two weeks to allow for an adjustment period and although it's great to not have a shiny t zone come midday, I now am flaky by that time instead. My skin is sore and feels as though it will crack. The whole system is all wrong and treats oily skin like a skin demon who needs to be excorcised. I expected gentle correction but instead it flipped me to the opposite problem. And can I just say that I've never experienced this with any skincare product before.

If you still would like to purchase, please save yourself the potential and highly likely regret and buy the travel pack for oily skin. It's the same price or cheaper than one full size product and allows you to make your mistake and move on.

I'm going to move onto anything else to care for my scared skin.

on 9/16/2016 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I use all dermalogica products. Unfortunately i dislike this toner, it does nothing for my skin. I always opt for rose water over this dermalogica toner

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm very much on the fence with this product. I bought it around 6 months ago and I go through phases when I want to use it and then I don't anymore.
PROs:
- no alcohol
- contains some nice herbal extracts including aloe vera which does wonders for my skin
- comes in a huge bottle so feels like overall good value for money
- feels extremely refreshing and gives a good "glow"
-works nicely spritzed over my make up (from a far, though!)

CONs:
- contains lavender extract which might be irritating, as well as some other extract I don't know enough to comment on.
- it's a huge bottle, I wonder how on earth I will use it up without it going bad.
- the spritzer emits a very thick amount of liquid, you have to be careful not to completely drench your face.

So far I've used this when in the desert I feel like my face needs some freshness and humectants. It feels really nice on the skin. I have no expectations in terms of it doing anything else other that refreshing, adding some moisture, soothing and giving a glow. It's also nice layered over skincare to help oils absorb into the skin.
I don't think I'll repurchase but I think it's a decent product if your skin can handle the herbal extracts.

on 3/4/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this Toner! Its a very light spray with a very pleasant smell. It doesn't dry out my skin and that's because It doesn't have alcohol and mostly has natural ingredients that are great for your skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Dermalogica has excellent skincare products and mostly all of them are excellent/great etc
This toner has helped soothe my skin which is acne prone, combination, sensitive. It has a more chemically smell than other brands and is clear/slight yellow. It feels soothing once applied and seems to moisturise the epidermis. It has great ingredients and I would wholeheartedly recommend this product for someone that just wants a products that works well and does the job. The packaging isn't particularly attractive however as long as it works, that's all that matters.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not a huge fan of Dermalogica since I find there products irritating for my skin even though I don't even have sensitive skin. This product is okay though but I have to say it doesn't really do anything.... Maybe it's because I don't have sensitive enough skin to notice the "calming" effect? It wipes away the residue of my cleanser but so does water and if anything I would say that it feels like plain water with a slightly softer pH - basically rain water or Evian - on the skin. Plus for the hygienic packaging though.

on 8/9/2016 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I didn't feel like this did anything for my skin.

It didn't damage it, or make it feel bad, but it didn't make it look any better either.

I'm not a huge fan of toners anyway. So this one wasn't any better or worse than any other I have used.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have serious mixed feelings about this toner. It's super refreshing and feels great when I apply it but I don't think it actually does anything. I spray it on before moisturizing, day and night, and then as needed during the day if I'm sweating or feel like my face is kinda oily. Do not get this stuff in your eye though! It burns so freaking bad I thought I was going to have red eyes for a month! My pores don't seem smaller and my skin doesn't apear less red after using but it does make me feel like I am doing something so I will probably repurchase.