3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Used this hydrating toner when I traveled to a cold and dry country and I came back with a perfectly nourished face, while my body was itching uncontrollably from cold rash. Love the convenient spray bottle which means I can skip the cotton pad. It has a slightly slippery texture and was slightly sticky upon application. But it gets absorbed quickly. I enjoyed using this toner and am happy that it didn't trigger any pimples. I used this toner with a combination of 4 other Dermalogica products when I was overseas. You can see full review and recommendation at http://bit.ly/2B0wtzN

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

a year ago

I tried this based on reviews Ive read. I do like the scent of it and that its such a big bottle. However I don't feel like it did much for my skin. I don't feel like it hydrated as well as other sprays Ive used. The price is okay considering you get such a big bottle. I gave it to my husband and he seemed to like it more.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Multi Active toner is a delightfully refreshing facial toner that one can spritz all over the face after cleansing or any time when you need a hydration boost or pick me up. It contains a generous amount of ingredients in the form of anti-oxidants, anti-irritants, plant extracts and soothing botanicals. It comes in a pump spray bottle which is very convenient and saves good cotton however it can also be applied with a cotton pad by spraying onto the cotton pad, if you so desire. The main problem I have with multi active toner is it's beautiful scent of Lavender, as much as Lavender is soothing and calming, it's essential oil component really has no proven scientific benefits for skin. Anything with substantial benefit anyway. I break out once and a while whilst using this toner, it must be the Lavender essential oil fragrance it contains, I don't know what else could be breaking me out in this toner. Please be wary if you've a sensitive or a skin that reacts negatively to essential oil, no matter how gentle they are made to appear. Also it's performance, I don't notice any spectacular results from using this toner, like most toners it is just a compliment to cleansing and a prep before your serum, booster and or Moisturiser. I would use it should it be gifted to me but would not venture out to buy it myself. I don't see the results to be frank.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlack

2 years ago

I use this toner every morning. Its very refreshing but the only issue with this one is the sprayer. I would spray a cotton pad with this instead of spraying it directly on my face. I have lash extensions so I am very careful with anything liquid that would hit my eyes. Overall I would say that this is an OK product as it did not really made any diffrence on my face. The reason why I am opting for this one is because I'm using the Dermalogica Active Moist Moisturiser and I have this weird mindset where I want or need even to have my skin care routine brand-coordinated LOL

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I bought the dry kit from Ulta when it was on sale. Only two items wowed me. This toner and the eye cream. Did not buy the full size of the eye cream cuz ain't nobody got money fo dat. Anyways this toner is awesome. I think this is what made my skin look even and more hydrated. The sprayer sucks!!! Feels like someone threw a glass of water on your face. So I spray it on my finders and apply it before my creams and lotions. Worked well with my dry sensitive skin. Bought the full size bottle and it will last me till the end of time. Prioduct is expensive tho.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I'm very much on the fence with this product. I bought it around 6 months ago and I go through phases when I want to use it and then I don't anymore. PROs: - no alcohol - contains some nice herbal extracts including aloe vera which does wonders for my skin - comes in a huge bottle so feels like overall good value for money - feels extremely refreshing and gives a good "glow" -works nicely spritzed over my make up (from a far, though!) CONs: - contains lavender extract which might be irritating, as well as some other extract I don't know enough to comment on. - it's a huge bottle, I wonder how on earth I will use it up without it going bad. - the spritzer emits a very thick amount of liquid, you have to be careful not to completely drench your face. So far I've used this when in the desert I feel like my face needs some freshness and humectants. It feels really nice on the skin. I have no expectations in terms of it doing anything else other that refreshing, adding some moisture, soothing and giving a glow. It's also nice layered over skincare to help oils absorb into the skin. I don't think I'll repurchase but I think it's a decent product if your skin can handle the herbal extracts.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGray

3 years ago

I love this Toner! Its a very light spray with a very pleasant smell. It doesn't dry out my skin and that's because It doesn't have alcohol and mostly has natural ingredients that are great for your skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

1.0

3 years ago

I wanted to write this really quickly as a warning to those who have been recommended to use this. Now this post isn't anti-Dermalogica in general because I have used some of their products in the past and loved them. But! This post is completely and utterly anti the products targeting oily skin, including the special cleansing gel, multi active toner and active moist (oh God the active moist). I got my oily skin type professionally analysed and was told to use these products to correct. Luckily I chose to buy a pack of travel sized products to trial before buying full size. These products have completely drained the moisture from my skin as they are far too correcting. I've been using for two weeks to allow for an adjustment period and although it's great to not have a shiny t zone come midday, I now am flaky by that time instead. My skin is sore and feels as though it will crack. The whole system is all wrong and treats oily skin like a skin demon who needs to be excorcised. I expected gentle correction but instead it flipped me to the opposite problem. And can I just say that I've never experienced this with any skincare product before. If you still would like to purchase, please save yourself the potential and highly likely regret and buy the travel pack for oily skin. It's the same price or cheaper than one full size product and allows you to make your mistake and move on. I'm going to move onto anything else to care for my scared skin.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I use all dermalogica products. Unfortunately i dislike this toner, it does nothing for my skin. I always opt for rose water over this dermalogica toner

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBlack, Kinky, Medium

EyesOther

2.0

4 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of Dermalogica since I find there products irritating for my skin even though I don't even have sensitive skin. This product is okay though but I have to say it doesn't really do anything.... Maybe it's because I don't have sensitive enough skin to notice the "calming" effect? It wipes away the residue of my cleanser but so does water and if anything I would say that it feels like plain water with a slightly softer pH - basically rain water or Evian - on the skin. Plus for the hygienic packaging though.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool