Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance

Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance

4.1

Not tested on animals

Rose Extract, Octyl Hyroxystearate, Cetearyl Ocatnoate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-8, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Lactamide MEA, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Wild Yam (Dioscorea Billosa) Extract, Lecithin, Superoxide Dismutase, Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate; Extracts Of: Ginkgo Biloba, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea), Hydrocotyl (Centella Asiatica), Coneflower (Echinacea Purpurea), Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed;Phospholids,Glycolipids,Sodium PCA, DEA-CetylPhosphate, Triethanaolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben,Propylparaben.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There is something in this moisurizer that did not agree with my skin. Started to get dry patches after week using this product, red small pimples, also it burned my eyes. The ingredients probably not for sensitive skin. Will not recommend this product.

on 11/11/2016 11:08:00 PM

I love this moisturizer. It hydrates and plumps up my skin. I have to be diligent when applying this moisturizer though because when I use it too close to my under eyes I will wake up in the morning and my under eye skin it noticeably plump/puffy. It doesn't sting or anything it just might be too heavy or something. This wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have fine lines around my eyes but I do (years of allergies) and I don't like how my eyes look. In the past I have used baby oil to remove my eye makeup and had the same puffiness reaction so maybe this product is too thick for the eye area. However, I love the effect of this on the dehydration lines on my forehead though because this moisturizer smoothes out those imperfections and irradiates them without making them more pronounced but does the opposite for the eye tissue. I use a separate eye cream, Avene soothing eye contour cream, and so after cleansing I tone and then apply my eye cream and then this moisturizer. Also, this product doesn't just leave your skin hydrated upon application, it actually balances out the hydration levels and i feel works even after the product is rinsed off. If i use this for a few weeks/months and then discontinue use I won't even have to moisturize because my skin looks great and feels great. Awesome product :) This product also does not accentuate my pores. It makes them disappear :)

on 12/22/2015 10:34:00 PM

I got this moisturizer for $50 in a spa. It does do what it stated - providing sufficient moisture and maintain my skin balance with oil/moisture. This product has a blended smell -it is a bonus to the sensitive skin as it doesn't have any fragrance like any other luxury brand cream I have. I have combination skin and tend to be dry in the winter. This is good for me to use during the day in the winter. It's easy absorbing and not greasy. I love the plastic tube packaging as it's very hygienic and convenient for traveling.

on 8/8/2016 9:17:00 PM

Great moisturizer. I use it in the days when I don't feel like using something rich and too creamy. It is very light, it absorbs quickly and provide my skin with moisture and balance (really :-) ). For summer time it is OK as morning moisturizer (I have combo skin), for winter it is not strong enough.
I quite like the smell.
Would I buy this again? Not sure, because the price is maybe too high for the effect.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My skin is sensitive and this product works very nicely to keep my skin hydrated and dewy. No irritation, no redness, no breakouts. This is a lightweight cream which is not greasy. The cream absorbs easily. A small pea size amount is all I need for coverage of my entire face and neck. Using it 2x a day, product lasts 5-6 months. I have purchased it twice now, and feel I will continue to use it. My skin overall shows benefit from using this product. NO - it is not diminishing fine lines or wrinkles...it is just hydrating and moisturizing, and leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh. Love the lightweight feeling of this cream. I can only use FRAGRANCE FREE products, so Dermalogica is a good fit for me to try.

This moisturiser does what it's supposed to do - it makes my skin feel nice after cleansing and keeps it moisturised throughout the day. I also like the packaging - you can get every last bit out of the tube and the graphics/printing on the packaging are simple - they tell you what you need to know & nothing more, which I like. The one thing I can't get past is the smell. It smells rancid (a bit like PVA glue that's gone a bit funky) - it is honestly really unpleasant (granted - I am sensitive to smells). This is the one thing that has put me off buying it again. I thought maybe I had bought one that had expired, but I got some testers and they were the same. So now the search is on yet again for a good SPF free moisturiser.

on 3/17/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

PROs:
This feels great on my skin. I feel like it gives my skin the hydration it needs. It is not heavy for me personally. I will be buying this for winter and alternate with Clarins Hyrdaquench Rich Cream (also another MAJOR winner) and getting rid of my useless SKII Stempower Rich Cream. I know most brands like to put moisturisers in a jar, it does make the product feel more luxurious or whatever, but I prefer a squeeze bottle for hygiene reasons.

CONs:
I am really not fond of the smell. Some of you may not like the texture of the cream as it may be too heavy. If so, it may not be the moisturiser for you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this as a night moisturizer and have found it pretty meh. It has a lot of natural ingredients and I really wanted to like it, but it's far from being an "intensive moisture" lotion. This might be good for people with oily, aging skins as it's really light.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have really dehydrated skin so I thought I'd love this but it just doesn't sink in right. :/ it feels very sticky and greasy and has a very odd smell. Maybe mines just expired, or I got a bad one. I always hear amazing things about Dermalogica so this really saddened me.

on 11/1/2014 4:55:00 PM

I have just switched from Obaji Nu-Derm products to Dermalologica. For my skin, this is a great line, and I love this moisturizer! I have just started using in the past month or so, but I can tell a difference in my skin. I'm 47, with normal-dry skin, and Obaji didn't feel like it was moisturizing enough. It was also more expensive than Dermatologica. I particularly love the light "essential oil" scent the moisturizer has.

Popular Moisturizers