Guerlain Meteorites Brush

Guerlain Meteorites Brush

3.3

on 2/19/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This brush is amazing and YES it does make a difference to the application! The little Meteorites balls do not get stuck in it, and the application is beautiful and even! It is pretty and luxurious.It is still quite soft, but it's not velvet soft. I think if it was too soft the powder would not adhere to it. It does tend to shed a bit as other posters have mentioned, but I still feel it has been a worthwhile purchase and I am very pleased, and will purchase again when needed!

on 4/20/2015 4:04:00 PM

I bought this brush after just liking but not loving my meteorites. I do not think this applies the product any differently than any other brush I tried, however I have never once had any of the balls get stuck in this brush, so that's a plus to me. The pouch it comes with is nice for tossing in your purse but it has no actual closure on it so it's not super great for travel (not that the meteorites are unless you buy Voyage). I was expecting it to be quite scratchy given other reviews and it is not, it is also not soft, but I wouldn't call it scratchy either. It's expensive for a single-purpose brush, but if you are a Guerlain fan it will probably find a niche with your meteorites.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/14/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought Guerlain Meteorites about a year ago and tried them several times, but I was never that impressed with the result I got. I really wanted to love them, so I started experimenting with using different brushes. Nothing seemed to give me the effect I was hoping for. So I read about this brush online and was skeptical of buying it due to the reviews. I ended up buying it anyway and it is fantastic! It is definately a 'rougher' brush, but I think it is necessary for picking up this product. Using this brush I get a very subtle glowy effect, which is what I was hoping for. Plus, it's a super cute brush. If you have ballz and are not thrilled with the result you are getting, I would very highly recommend giving this brush a try!

on 8/1/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't know why there's so much hatin' on this brush. It's a cute, decent brush that matches your meteorites and does a fantastic job of what it's meant for, which is picking up the meteorites. If you want the densest softest brush in the world pay double for the nars zoltan or whatever it's called. This is reasonably priced and super cute and mine feel just fine. It's goat hair! It's not gona feel like marshmallow fluff!! I have 2: one to put in my purse for my Voyage and one for my Teint Rose balls. It does a phenomenal job w both and I'm sorry, I love the matching factor :) the velvet magnetic pouch makes it makeup bag friendly !

on 12/11/2012 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I didn't buy this brush seperatly, but received it together with miniatures meteorites. It is absolutely not suited to be used with them, since it is not dense enough to pick up any product from the perles. But I now use it as my go-to contouring brush, since it is perfect to shade just below the cheekbone for the perfect contour and then blending. The quality of the brush is very good. I have it for 4-5 years and wash every week. It hardly lost any hairs and looks clean and just as good as new. So I don't think it worth the money if you purchase it to apply Meteorites, but you can maybe use it for contouring if you get this one in the set.

Pros:
- Packaging is beautiful
- brush is cute
- works great with any guerlain product
- Soft to touch

Cons:
- The bristles fall out far too easily, even when brand new

Overall: This brush is really great for what its made to do: break up the meteorites balls evenly for even coverage. I like using it for the terracota sun in the city to reflect more light under my eyes.

I just wear tinted moisturizer and use this brush for meteorites over that and I have gotten a ton of compliments since I starting using the meteorites along with this brush.

Other then those dang pink bristles falling out all over the place, this is the only brush I have that picks up all the colors of the balls evenly to even out my skin tone (i get redness).

on 1/18/2012 3:40:00 PM

I bought the Meteorites brush along with the pearls 3 months ago, I had been wanting them for ages and finally caved.

I bought the brush because it's so adorable and matches the pearls.
there is far too much hating on this brush! trust me guys, it's really not that bad. I like mine!

the brush is kind of small. the bristles aren't really that small though, infact the dome is as big as many powder brushes. it's the handle that is short. and there are powder brushes much more expensive than this.

my brush doesn't smell, it has the very VERY faint normal smell all brushes have. and it has absolutley no smell when wet, so I don't know how some people's brushes smell of actual goat.
would people even say that if they didn't know it was goat hair? and other people are saying it's not even real goat hair! so how it can it smell of goat when it's not goat hair?

I did have some shedding with my brush though, it happened the first few times I cleaned the brush. and now every time I clean it, usually no hairs fall out. but occasionally one or two will shed.

but I don't think the shedding is down to poor quality, I think it's because the bristles are goat hair. I have a Boots No7 kabuki brush that is goat hair and that sheds like crazy, especially when I wash it.

also, the brush is stiff but not hard, there is a difference. it is stiff as in the bristles aren't too flexible but they're not hard as in solid hard, it is hair not metal wire. and this brush doesn't scrape along the skin like some people claim. stop whining and get a grip, just because this isn't your typical flimsy soft fluffy brush.

people are making out like it's a stiff garden brush! I think it is actually quite soft. plus, my brush got softer and more flexible after washing. and at first the bristles were almost straight so the dome was narrow, and also after washing they fanned out so the dome is wider now.

the Guerlain assistant at the counter told me this is dyed with natural vegetable dye. so there is no reason for it to irriate the skin, which some people claim it has irritated their skin and caused a rash.

stiff brushes pick up more product. so the Meteorites brush is stiff because the powder pearls are so light in terms of coverage. now, I don't know if I'm pressing too hard when I swirl them on my face or if it's just the brush, but after I use the brush there is makeup on it, more than there should be for such a light powder. I know some of the product stays on the brush but this actually buffs off my foundation. which yes does make my foundation smoother, but also messes up my brush. so I have to swirl it on the back of my hand before I next use it or it gets onto the pearls. so this is a bit of a hassle.

on 1/2/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

a super-expensive synthetic plastic brush which bristles look tangled. doesnt pick up much product. i bought it to go with meteorites perles as i thought it would be best suited for the use of the powder but no. pointless.

on 11/11/2011 3:37:00 PM

This brush is beautiful and absolutely non-functional. It is small for the price with a short handle, I guess to be convenient for travel? This bristles are some type of pink artificial material and IT SHEDS! I used it twice in my meteorites (which i love) and put it away permanently in its pretty velvet pouch. Now whenever I use my meteorites, with an Estee Lauder powder brush, I get stray pink bristle/hair things stuck to me, cause they're all still trapped among the balls. So upsetting!

Skip the brush, it's unnecessary. Just use a good quality smallish powder brush - you'll get a much better result!

I've had this brush for years, it's honestly the first brush I've ever had. My mom bought it for me as a youngster at the Paris pavilion at Disney, I was at least in middle school then. It's so adorable! I loved using it with my meteorites. Not a single hair has fallen from the brush. The only reason I wont buy it again is the price, and I don't see why I would need too. No shedding, no sinking, perfect down to the pretty pink goat hair.

Popular Makeup Brushes