MAC Satin - Grain

MAC Satin - Grain
MAC shadowsSatin - GrainMAC Grain eyeshadow

4.5

This is the dupe for Nars All About Eve that I've been looking for for years. Perfect wash of beige sheen (but not noticeable as an eyeshadow) on my NW10 skin. Will always keep in my collection.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I go between MAC Brule and this for a brow highlight -- this has a bit more sheen to it, but I love it all the same. Goes really well with my NC40 skin tone.

on 4/21/2016 3:49:00 PM

I b2m for this and it is perfection!

Ricepaper has always been a staple in my collection. Especially in the summer -it is amazing to subtly brighten the eye and then throw on a liquid liner.

I wanted a similar neutral shade. I'm around nc20. I had all that glitters and found it a bit orangey-- it looks nice paired with other shadows but I can't pull it off as a single shadow look.

The SA suggested I try naked lunch. It was nice but to be honest-- that amount of high shimmer just doesn't scream "every day" to me. Grain is perfect-- it adds a sheen that just makes my brown eyes glow. It's a little peachy, whereas ricepaper is more yellow. I look awake and just fresh.

Stays on all day with no primer-- this holds up better than some of my other Mac shadows.

I couldn't be happier with this. This is definitely in my top 5 favorite eyeshadows ever

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Because, I guess to almost everyone's surprise and shock and delight, MAC has lowered the price on its Pro Pan shadows, I bought a few of the shadows that had been on my "maybe one of these days" list. I actually wanted Ricepaper but they were sold out so I looked through to see what else struck me as pretty and I hit upon Grain. So pretty and probably a lot more flattering on my colouring than the more yellow tones of Ricepaper (which I will still get when they restock). This is one of those shades that looks fresh and natural but is still brightening for my lids and it gives a really pretty and wide-awake look. I would absolutely repurchase this shade and I'm actually feeling a bit lucky that Ricepaper was sold out.

This eye shadow is gorgeous!! The color is really pretty and it stays all day. And I use it to set my under eyes.

on 8/1/2015 7:28:00 AM

Oh my...this is a beautiful eye shadow. I have nc15 skin, hazel eyes and light brown hair and have found many peachy eye shadows to be far too overpowering for my skin. However, Grain is a very subtle yet noticeable mellow peach color that brightens up my eyelids and covers their discoloration. The best thing about it? It stays on ALL DAY. Many other eyeshadows I have tried by the likes of Urban Decay and Estee Lauder are gone or creasing by lunch time. I apply Grain at 7am in the morning and by 10pm at night it still looks so good that I hate having to take it off!

It is also a great blush colour for paler skin tones - so this product has become my HG eyeshadow and for now, HG blusher. I just wish there was more of it in the little pot that it comes in. Never the less I'm so happy with this eyeshadow and will definitely repurchase, thanks MAC!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can imagine this shade us overlooked but this is my everyday brow bone highlighter. It's subtle yet noticeable. It's great for a soft highlight, a wash of colour and also to blend out other eye shadows. I have some eye shadows that I love but are just too much for the day however with Grain I can use some of the darker shades and blend it out to create a softer look. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to lid color for a "no makeup makeup look". It gives enough color and definition without being to over the top. I will definitely be re purchasing this when I run out.

on 11/19/2014 3:53:00 PM

I bought a 4 palette of shadows, as it turns out, a few days short of 4 years ago, which is just too long to keep eyeshadows. My selections were brule, grain, saddle and sketch. Anyway, I did a lot of research before making my purchase, yet somehow just didn't wind up with an especially interesting array of colors, in my opinion. Grain is a nice neutral peachy beige with slight shimmer. I definitely wouldn't purchase it again because the shimmer is not flattering on me..

on 6/11/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am NC15 with light brown eyes. I have tried many times to use Grain and it just doesn't look right on me. It is a slighty peachy satin color. I have to really pack it on to get it to even show up. I imagine this would look better on darker skin than mine.