MAC Cosmetics Satin - Grain

MAC shadowsMAC Grain eyeshadow

4.5

on 12/14/2018 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Grain is quite a workhorse fleshy eyeshadow shade, up there with utility shades like Shroom, Blanc Type, Brule or Vanilla. It is a warm peachy fleshy shade that almost seems to disappear into my nw20deep winter skin. It is very similar to Naked Lunch in color, but sways a tinge more peach and does not have the frost finish. I always had trouble with Blanc Type it was too ashy on me. Shroom was ok, but at times could come off too khaki toned. Vanilla is great, but works better with clean eye, red lip or when I was doing cooler toned lips. Brule and Grain are my current favorite wash (lid, highlight) shades for my warmer toned looks. Recently, I have started looking into the warmer side of MAC's eyeshadow collection and Grain is an anchor in many of many of my looks. It is great to neutralize the pink/red in your eye socket. I use this the same way I used NYX's Lap Dance, but this is a touch more peachy than that shade. And when I say peachy, I mean fleshy peachy, not orangey peachy. Such an under the radar color, but I would be lost with out it.

on 12/11/2018 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am NC30 in MAC. I tried this eyeshadow based off of Pinterest and the reviews on makeupalley🤔. So glad I did...I love it💕. It’s subtle but looks really good. I use it on Myers and under my brow as a soft highlight. Just make sure to moisturize and/or prime before using this or it may seem chalky or not stay on as well. The color is so pretty and goes with my brown 👁👁s well!!! I use expresso or another darker brown in my crease💋

on 8/28/2017 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A great choice as either a base for building a more dramatic effect, or for use on its own as a natural look. I think it works well on fair skin and suits all ages. Grain has a little more shimmer than some of the other MAC satin eye shadows, so this might not be to all tastes, but it works quite well for me. New update - recently wore Grain alone on lid with Technakohl BrassBand as liner. It was a gentle shimmery look.

This is the dupe for Nars All About Eve that I've been looking for for years. Perfect wash of beige sheen (but not noticeable as an eyeshadow) on my NW10 skin. Will always keep in my collection.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I go between MAC Brule and this for a brow highlight -- this has a bit more sheen to it, but I love it all the same. Goes really well with my NC40 skin tone.

on 4/21/2016 3:49:00 PM

I b2m for this and it is perfection!

Ricepaper has always been a staple in my collection. Especially in the summer -it is amazing to subtly brighten the eye and then throw on a liquid liner.

I wanted a similar neutral shade. I'm around nc20. I had all that glitters and found it a bit orangey-- it looks nice paired with other shadows but I can't pull it off as a single shadow look.

The SA suggested I try naked lunch. It was nice but to be honest-- that amount of high shimmer just doesn't scream "every day" to me. Grain is perfect-- it adds a sheen that just makes my brown eyes glow. It's a little peachy, whereas ricepaper is more yellow. I look awake and just fresh.

Stays on all day with no primer-- this holds up better than some of my other Mac shadows.

I couldn't be happier with this. This is definitely in my top 5 favorite eyeshadows ever

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Because, I guess to almost everyone's surprise and shock and delight, MAC has lowered the price on its Pro Pan shadows, I bought a few of the shadows that had been on my "maybe one of these days" list. I actually wanted Ricepaper but they were sold out so I looked through to see what else struck me as pretty and I hit upon Grain. So pretty and probably a lot more flattering on my colouring than the more yellow tones of Ricepaper (which I will still get when they restock). This is one of those shades that looks fresh and natural but is a bit brightening for my lids, though I could wish it was a bit more pigmented - I have to work at it a bit to get the colour to show up. I would absolutely repurchase this shade and I'm actually feeling a bit lucky that Ricepaper was sold out.

This eye shadow is gorgeous!! The color is really pretty and it stays all day. And I use it to set my under eyes.

on 8/1/2015 7:28:00 AM

Oh my...this is a beautiful eye shadow. I have nc15 skin, hazel eyes and light brown hair and have found many peachy eye shadows to be far too overpowering for my skin. However, Grain is a very subtle yet noticeable mellow peach color that brightens up my eyelids and covers their discoloration. The best thing about it? It stays on ALL DAY. Many other eyeshadows I have tried by the likes of Urban Decay and Estee Lauder are gone or creasing by lunch time. I apply Grain at 7am in the morning and by 10pm at night it still looks so good that I hate having to take it off!

It is also a great blush colour for paler skin tones - so this product has become my HG eyeshadow and for now, HG blusher. I just wish there was more of it in the little pot that it comes in. Never the less I'm so happy with this eyeshadow and will definitely repurchase, thanks MAC!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can imagine this shade us overlooked but this is my everyday brow bone highlighter. It's subtle yet noticeable. It's great for a soft highlight, a wash of colour and also to blend out other eye shadows. I have some eye shadows that I love but are just too much for the day however with Grain I can use some of the darker shades and blend it out to create a softer look. Will definitely repurchase.