Sephora Heated eyelash curler

Sephora  Heated eyelash curler

2.0

on 8/6/2010 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried about 3 different eyelash curlers so far and my favourite one (forgotten what brand it was) which cost me $25 Singapore Dollars no longer is available for sale here, sadly.

Armed with a near expiring Sephora voucher, I decided to purchase the heated eyelash curler at 40 Singapore Dollars before usage of vouchers. It works great and there will be a repurchase unless I find my favourite one somehow.

Here is how I use it: 1 - Turn on the Heated Eyelash Curler. 2 - I put on my waterproof Chanel mascara. 3 - Use the Heated Curler and hold for about 5 seconds at different sections of the lashes! My short straight asian lashes are transformed to lovely curled up lashes!

What I really like about Heated Eyelash Curlers is that my lashes are safe from the constant crimping that can cause my already sparse lashes to be even more sparse! Plus, the curls stay all day for a good 12hours!

I've taken off one lippie because it is very high on energy consumption compared to my HG which lasted me a minimum of 3 weeks. This curler's AAA battery only last me approximately 10 days of usage.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Complete waste of money. Never got hot enough to effectively curl my lashes. The wand/comb was awkward to use.

on 6/19/2009 3:23:00 PM

I have short, straight lashes. Did nothing. Gave it to my bestfriend, she has long, thick, and semi-curled lashes. Did nothing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Don't waste your money ladies... blast your normal eyelash curler with your hair dryer for a few seconds and then curl. Just be careful, but it works much better than this piece of crap. ( the shu uemura is worth the $18 imo)

on 8/27/2008 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been very successful with this product. It curls my lashes without producing a kink that normal non-heated eyelash curlers make. You run it along your eyelashes slowly holding it for a couple of seconds in sections along the underside of your lashes as you press your lashes up and in toward your eyelid. Then I use either shiseido mascara base + fiberwig or kiss me heroine mascara to hold the curl all day and add a lot of length.

on 1/22/2008 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This was absolutely, without a doubt, the WORST eyelash curler I've ever used! (And I've experimented with a LOT.) It should be even better than a regular eyelash curler, since it's heated, but is just the opposite. First of all, it doesn't really "heat" up. It's barely lukewarm. It's sort of a comb and you're supposed to comb your lashes upward with it or hold your lashes in an upward position for a couple minutes until achieving the desired effect. My lashes didn't curl at all despite a few attempts. I'd just recommend using a regular metal or plastic eyelash curler--they're cheaper, and actually do the job. The only thing I liked about the heated curler was the packaging because it was so small and could fit virtually anywhere.

This thing doesnt work....i stood trying for a good 10 min and i barely had any lift......I might as well use a spoon to curl my lashes, that works better then this and is a whole hell of alot cheaper! DONT BUY!

on 7/25/2007 2:15:00 PM

USELESS. I am asian with stick straight skimpy lashes. This is hard to use, and ultimately doesn't work.
My trick to keep my lashes curled all day: heat your standard (metal) last curler for a few seconds with your hair dryer, then curl your lashes. I use Shu Uemura's curler at home (and a Maybelline one I've had for years, which has been relegated to my purse for touch ups.)
I swear it works better than just about any curling mascara you can find. It lasts even longer and is more dramatic if you apply Talika's Lipocils before you curl. Wait for the Lipocils to dry first, then it acts kind of like hair gel to set the curl. If you try it while wet, or try applying Lipocils after curling, your curl will flatten out.

**Make sure to test the temperature of the lash curler on the back of your hand before putting it anywhere near your eyelid! I only use the low heat setting on my hair dryer to prevent burning myself.

on 4/1/2007 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't know how to use the traditional eyelash curler, so I decided to use this heated one. I like how I can work on all my lashes in different angle, a plus from the traditional curler. I know I won't hurt or pull my lashes with this. Another plus is that it is small and compact to put into any bag. However, it takes TOO LONG to make the lashes curl. I have to use on the smae lashes for over three times to make them curl. Maybe I hold it on the wrong spot. I don't know. There's just too much effort useing this heated curler. I am going to keep looking for a perfect eyelash curler for me. Won't buy this again.
Update: I am liking this curler more after practing MANY times. It gives a better and more natural curle than regular curler. It takes a long time though. An interesting product to try. However, I think I will try other version such as Model Co. for comparison on the heated curler techonology.

on 8/30/2006 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In Style magazine just tested this thing, and the tester's eyelashes look amazing. But it did nothing for me. In the article, it said it took her 15 minutes to use it, so I guess I didn't wait long enough? No matter, though, since my broke after a month. Absolute waste of money, but I had to try it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools