Sephora Heated eyelash curler

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Sephora  Heated eyelash curler

2.2

on 6/9/2012 5:23:00 PM

Uh, this is ridiculously CHEAP quality, but it still turned out to be better than I thought. I want to comment on making sure the battery is actually touching the battery part of the top. I noticed it wasn't working one day when I used a new battery. It might be why some of you think it has broken! It heats up decently when you have new batteries, but pretty much after a couple of times, its useless. The curler heats up pretty slow though. I like to at least give it a minute compared to the 15 seconds before using it. That sucks because it drains the battery, and adds to time consume. I have short, but not totally sparse lashes that point down, and this works kind of decent. Regular lash curlers take a lot of time, and require a lot of work on my short lashes. This heated curler somewhat helps me with a nice curl, however it takes way more than 2 -3 seconds for me to achieve the curl, even when I have applied mascara.

on 6/19/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have semi-straight and average length eyelashes, maybe a little on the shorter side. I've always used a metal curler but thought this would work better. Either it's crap or I can't get the hang of it - I've tried it all different ways, held it on for long and short periods of time, and I don't notice a different. Since my eyelashes are on the shorter side, I feel like it has a hard time even touching all my lashes. Definitely a waste.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my lashes are really straight and i've tried many eyelash curlers hoping to find one that doesn't make my lashes look like they are at an angle of 90 degrees. so when the sales at sephora recommended this one i decided to give it a try. i really don't think it does too much for my lashes. it takes me a long while to get it to somewhat curl and by that point i'm frustrated and probably decide to give up and just stick to my metal eyelash curler. for $22, i think it's $22 or well somewhere around there canadian i'd rather spend my money on a metal one that does a somewhat decent job. this product really isn't worth the money.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I agree with what most have already said. This product is junk. Does absolutey NOTHING to my lashes. It doesn't work and is in the garbage!

on 9/9/2008 5:00:00 PM

I NEED eyelash curlers! I have super straight lashes! I've tried for many years to use the conventional metal ones and somehow the skin around my eyes would break out in a rash. I even tried painting clear polish over the metal, but it was a no go... The plastic ones did not provide a strong curl.

My sister actually gave this to me and I left it in my medicine cabinet for months. One day, I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did! The secret to using this is that you apply mascara on first, wait for it to dry, and then use the curler. If you use it on bare lashes, you will be disappointed! This is the only type of curler I can use around my sensitive eye area.

on 7/4/2008 5:09:00 PM

This is my second Sephora heated eyelash curler and it's already broken after using for 1.5 months. When it was working, it was good though it did drain the batteries very quickly. Am now looking for a new heated eyelash curler.

on 2/22/2008 4:56:00 PM

the first time i bought this, i really didn't like it because i wanted the natural curl without having to use mascara. i have really stubborn straight eyelashes so out of frustration i returned the curler.

recently i purchased it again and i loved it. even though it's not stated in the directions you HAVE TO HAVE MASCARA ON! the mascara that is dried acts as a gel for your eyelashes and the lukewarm temperature is just enough for you to create the bend in your eyelashes.

because my eyelashes are straight, and they also point downward (i'm asian so the eyelashes practically curl into my eye! haha)an eyelash curler actually just bends it at the root and shoots them straight up, but the heated eyelash curler curls them in a "( " shape and you can control the level of curvature, even a "C" if you want ( a bit extreme, but just trying to paint the mental image).

either way the product is worth trying, you just have to have the mascara on, and if you don't like it then return it.... sephora is very good about returning or exchanging items. so i would definitely by this product again.

horrible, doesnt curl lashes at all and really isnt that warm, the price is not very good either all around horrible product

I hate the Sephora brand in general. Period. This thing is useless. I get better results curling lashes with my spoon. No seriously.

on 11/7/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know the reviews on here for this product are for the most part.. terrible - but if any of you still have your heated eyelash curler from Sephora, you might want to read this and give it another try.

I bought this curler at my local Sephora store, and one of the ladies there promptly advised me that this curler is meant to be used 'after' your application of mascara.

Of course, once I was home I immediately gave this a try WITHOUT mascara. I know what I was told, but I was still hoping to get a good effect without having to use mascara 'period'. I got a slight lift... which promptly disappeared within seconds. I then tried it after applying a basic black mascara (a cheap one at that) and waiting a decent amount of time for it to dry completely before using the curler. I have to say the results were AMAZING!

While this isn't my 'no-mascara' solution, I will be stocking up on at least one or two more of these in case they are ever discontinued. The lift and curl is so dramatic, and it LASTS the entire day. It's nothing like you get from using a crimper (and while one reviewer did suggest crimping first, I found that step to be unnecessary). I have my mother's asian eye lashes (black and very straight) - and this works wonders for me.

I took one lippie off on Package Quality because the AAA Battery was placed in the eyelash curler 'cap', and I couldn't for the life of me get it out. It's as if it's glued in there. I ended up using an extra battery I had laying around the house. I still don't have use of my protective cap for the curler, but I think a pair of pliers will get that pesky battery outta there (just haven't gotten around to it).

Popular Misc Beauty Tools